Poll: Will you work to replace all evil social practices with Good social systems
Yes
No
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
The FIVE DUTIES of ATHEISTS

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2010, 04:55 PM
RE: The FIVE DUTIES of ATHEISTS
(15-10-2010 04:48 PM)BnW Wrote:  [quote]... Only a fool quotes other fools.[/quote

No.J. - no offense taken. Lighten up, my friend. I was making a joke on your joke. And, don't feel bad. My sense of humor can be so dry water evaporates upon contact with it.

No offence taken, I just missed your joke. It was so dry even I missed it. Unbelievable!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2010, 05:10 PM
(15-10-2010 02:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Spoke too soon. I figured Unbeliever would tear that post to pieces. Glad to have you back buddy!

Good to be back.

(15-10-2010 04:41 PM)Civilized Man Wrote:  
(15-10-2010 02:41 PM)BnW Wrote:  you may want to grab a dictionary and look up the word "atheist". You may be in for quite a shock. Or, to quote Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

... Why consult a royal Dictionary for word meanings when they honestly admit they contain only Diction, not Definitions?

Number one, how do you define a word if not by its usage? Number two, even if you disregard the dictionary, an atheist is still defined as "one who does not believe in a god". Go check About, or Stanford, or any of the other sites.

Again, I ask what you think "atheist" means.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2010, 05:21 PM
(15-10-2010 03:03 PM)BnW Wrote:  Pffff. Like shooting fish in a fishbowl. A small fishbowl that is over flowing with big fish, at that. Where's the sport in that? No where, that's where.

Nope, but it does a man good to just relax and do some fish-shooting every once in a while. Hence my involvement in the no-planer 9/11 conspiracy threads over on the JREF. Consider it exercise rather than activity - prepping for the big debates to come rather than a debate in and of itself.

The mind is a muscle. It needs exercise too.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2010, 05:52 PM

I wonder if Civilized Man is also Calpurnpiso, on You Tube.
Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2010, 07:14 PM
This thread seems to have been hijacked (started?) by the Atheist Taliban.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]
16-10-2010, 07:50 PM

My thought (which I'm sure will be rebuked by this "civilized" person) is that they are a theist, who needs the Atheists to really start taking over so it's one more "proof" (for them) that we are in the end times.

Only thing I can come up with which would tie together all the atheist talk and all the religious talk.
16-10-2010, 10:50 PM

(16-10-2010 07:50 PM)inkracer Wrote:  My thought (which I'm sure will be rebuked by this "civilized" person) is that they are a theist, who needs the Atheists to really start taking over so it's one more "proof" (for them) that we are in the end times.

Only thing I can come up with which would tie together all the atheist talk and all the religious talk.

In 2007 it was reported that for the first time in publishing history, atheist book titles outsold religious. So, that being said, if the OP author is a Theist perhaps the fear is what with the Church of England in 2008 reporting a loss of female membership and blaming that on the TV series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" influence, that the end time fear is valid because it tolls the end for themselves!
After all, if atheists can inspire more readership than religion and a Vamp killer can persuade English women to commit to mass exodus from the pews, while the Devil has churches and legally protected religions alive and thriving in America, and all the while faithful sheep necks hurt for the all that is afforded by their looking up to be saved from the world's changes, while evolution continues to be decried, because Jesus said he'd return before that generation passeth away, and these near three thousand years later "tardy" doesn't even begin to answer the resounding question on the lips of every believer; where the hell is he?

Perhaps the one theory, faith, thing to believe in, should never cross before their eyes...
What if...
The rapture came, they missed it and now they're living in a world full of atheists who are gaining ground every single minute, while the polar opposite of their once and former reality may indicate it's the believers turn to enter the closet, because for generations they have to face what faith has achieved is no thing positive, while those who've always been positive no thing exists to hold faith in, are to finally have their turn at the top of the fun chain.

Or,
I could be wrong.Tongue
17-10-2010, 04:19 PM

I lol'd
18-10-2010, 03:28 PM
(15-10-2010 04:41 PM)Civilized Man Wrote:  ... As clearly stated above, English is a phony undefined street vernacular and thus one of the "False Languages" that need to be replaced by God's True Defined Language.
... Only a fool quotes other fools.

Am I a fool because I quoted this? Tongue

I don't even know where to start... As a student of English Literature, I find this quite offensive... Yet hilariously ignorant at the same time. What's so "phony" about a language that a vast population of the world speaks? Unless you mean "phonemic", which English certainly isn't.

So what is "God's True Defined Language" then?

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
18-10-2010, 05:30 PM
Quote:So what is "God's True Defined Language" then?

Pig Latin, obviously.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost