The Faith of Christopher Hitchens?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2016, 12:31 PM
RE: The Faith of Christopher Hitchens?
(13-04-2016 07:48 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 06:16 PM)HotPez Wrote:  I just saw an interview with Larry Alex Taunton the writer of this new book about Christopher Hitchens. A christian/evangelic friend. Does anyone know anything about this book and its intention? The interview implied that during his last days the Hitch was, well, entertaining Christianity. Or maybe I misunderstood? This is not what he wrote in his book on Mortality or showed during his last speeches. Kinda pissed me off there was no other side to the interview? Thoughts?

If it were true, that Christopher Hitchens converted on his deathbed, I don't see why this would be something to crow about. If out of fear and in the name of comfort someone professed to believe in God, this would not be a feather in the cap of theism but a demonstration of how irrational the new believer was. They can't rely on reason to make their case so they need fear of death or some other low and vulnerable point in a persons life to sell their fantasy, cartoon version of reality. It is pathetic. I'm not saying that Hitchens did convert but no doubt some do and this is what they consider a win?

If one of them approaches me on my death bed I'll tell them that just because I'm dying it does not make the proposition that God exists any less false or belief in it any more rational. It's false. period.

Exactly. I was trying to think of a way to say what you did. Thumbsup
http://religiondispatches.org/the-death-...onversion/

The fact is, in medical institutions, the world over, there is no head-long rush by the professed religious, to "get to heaven" any faster, than their non-believer brethren. The religious cling to life just as strongly as the non. Why. It's almost as if they didn't really buy the bullshit ? But THAT couldn't be, now could it ?
Tongue Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-04-2016, 01:00 PM
(14-04-2016 12:10 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I see that on the Hitchens link there is an add saying I can make big bucks working from home.
Things are a bit tight right now cause we are having our pool grouted so maybe I can make a bit extra this way. Anyone tried it?

Can I interest you in a miraculous method to lose belly fat using this one weird old tip?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-04-2016, 01:14 PM
(13-04-2016 11:15 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Why would a deathbed conversion be seen as some sort of a victory by some theists?

Everything can be touted as victory if one is desperate enough.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
14-04-2016, 01:14 PM
If it works on man-boobs, I'm all ears.
14-04-2016, 05:49 PM
(14-04-2016 01:14 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  If it works on man-boobs, I'm all ears.

You want to acquire them? Or get rid of them? I can help in both situations based on personal experience.

#sigh
15-04-2016, 01:07 AM
(14-04-2016 05:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 01:14 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  If it works on man-boobs, I'm all ears.

You want to acquire them? Or get rid of them? I can help in both situations based on personal experience.

[Image: fc-bob-has-bitch-tits.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
15-04-2016, 02:42 AM
yeah, I don't think so! That sounds like the same old no atheists in fox holes fallacy I keep hearing from christians who think that when someone is in trouble they always turn to their god. It is insulting and they will never be smart enough to figure out why.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
15-04-2016, 03:38 AM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-04-2016, 05:26 AM
(15-04-2016 01:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 05:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You want to acquire them? Or get rid of them? I can help in both situations based on personal experience.

[Image: fc-bob-has-bitch-tits.jpg]

Oh no, flashbacks of 'regligion has no truth'...
Weeping

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
15-04-2016, 05:44 AM
so why is this guy just now speaking up? if its true then hitchens obviously didnt want people to know. if its not true then the guy is a liar. either way he's a fucking prick and not a true friend.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post