The "Fake news" conspiracy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2016, 12:29 PM
RE: The "Fake news" conspiracy
(03-12-2016 06:40 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 06:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is the thrust of this article, fake news is only fake depending on who says it?

Or in other words, if a "liberal" says something it's fake, but of a conservative says it, it's "not fake"?

Dodgy

No. But 95% of American media is left. I say that as a liberal.

The far-left majority is telling its consumers that media other than it is fake.
Yo, dumbass, billionaires own the major media. Funny that you would propagate FAKE NEWS like you did.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2016, 12:44 PM
(06-12-2016 12:28 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 12:26 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Iindulge in a little mutual masturbation.

Fucking lol at the irony.

[Image: tumblr_mtizr0JvNB1rrpikvo1_400.gif]

If you're going to quote me then be honest and use the correct spelling rather than adding letters, eg lindulge instead of indulge it just proves your dishonesty. Go back to your crack pipe and conspiritard theories. Also using a similar mask as anonymous just reinforces the dickhead nonsense you spout.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-12-2016, 12:46 PM
(06-12-2016 12:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 12:28 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Fucking lol at the irony.

[Image: tumblr_mtizr0JvNB1rrpikvo1_400.gif]

If you're going to quote me then be honest and use the correct spelling rather than adding letters, eg lindulge instead of indulge it just proves your dishonesty. Go back to your crack pipe and conspiritard theories. Also using a similar mask as anonymous just reinforces the dickhead nonsense you spout.

I didn't add any letters you faggot. Fuck you and your whore mother, kike.
06-12-2016, 12:55 PM
(06-12-2016 12:46 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 12:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:  If you're going to quote me then be honest and use the correct spelling rather than adding letters, eg lindulge instead of indulge it just proves your dishonesty. Go back to your crack pipe and conspiritard theories. Also using a similar mask as anonymous just reinforces the dickhead nonsense you spout.

I didn't add any letters you faggot. Fuck you and your whore mother, kike.
Go back and look you retarded fuckwit anti semite.I laugh in your face do you seriously expect me to be offended by being called a homosexual and a Jew ? On the contrary I regard both as a compliment.
Another fail for you fuckhead as usual of course because you are a total wanker. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-12-2016, 01:01 PM
(06-12-2016 12:55 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 12:46 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  I didn't add any letters you faggot. Fuck you and your whore mother, kike.
Go back and look you retarded fuckwit anti semite.I laugh in your face do you seriously expect me to be offended by being called a homosexual and a Jew ? On the contrary I regard both as a compliment.
Another fail for you fuckhead as usual of course because you are a total wanker. Laugh out load

Oh Yeah? W-well you are A FUCKING NIGGER.
06-12-2016, 01:04 PM
(06-12-2016 01:01 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 12:55 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Go back and look you retarded fuckwit anti semite.I laugh in your face do you seriously expect me to be offended by being called a homosexual and a Jew ? On the contrary I regard both as a compliment.

Oh Yeah? W-well you are A FUCKING NIGGER.

I also consider that a compliment thank you, and I sincerely mean that.
06-12-2016, 02:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 02:16 PM by Gert Heide.)
(06-12-2016 12:12 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 11:08 AM)Gert Heide Wrote:  The content of these organisations' site and their news broadcasts, though routinely biased, is subject to parliamentary oversight [yes, this is sometimes very poor and also skewed] and the employees of both national broadcasters are qualified [yes, it's progressively harder to find reporters who can spell or who possess anything like a respectable stock of general knowledge] to be reporters and news gatherers. National broadcasters in English-speaking developed countries offer at least minimally competent and factually verified coverage of events.

This doesn't answer my question. None of that is specific to CBC or BBC. In fact there are media outlets in the west very unlike CBC and BBC that all of that holds true for, too.

Few Western media outlets were established by acts of parliament in genuine democracies and just as few are held to account by elected representatives of the people. A far greater number are privately owned and are accountable only to shareholders. Many of these, especially in the States, have predictable left-of-centre/right-of-centre editorial lines on practically every issue going and sermonise on every issue going solely to the pre-converted members of their own congregations. As long as the law requires broadcasters and on-line purveyors of opinion and alleged fact to identify themselves, people will be free to offend others and, more importantly it seems, take egregious offence.

I would have thought, a few years ago, that the difference between rubbish and reasonably objective reporting was obvious to most adults. The important difference to a growing number of disturbingly enraged people [or may just plain old disturbed folks] now seems to hinge on whether the story ["politician I hate accused of Satan-worship and war crimes? - must be true!"] conforms to the viewer's or listener's personal demon-infested cosmology. Pig swill is anything the other side has broadcast or believes to be true. Objective reporting is what right-thinkers know is fact. Adults, of course, are merely people old enough to vote. Adulthood's never been an intelligence-based qualification.
[+] 3 users Like Gert Heide's post
06-12-2016, 02:30 PM
If you're looking for "just the facts maa'm" news why not just stick to the AP feeds? That's where the rest of the media is getting their news before they spin it anyway.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-12-2016, 10:33 PM
(06-12-2016 02:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  If you're looking for "just the facts maa'm" news why not just stick to the AP feeds? That's where the rest of the media is getting their news before they spin it anyway.

I do use the AP feeds.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
08-12-2016, 09:58 AM
(06-12-2016 01:01 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Oh Yeah? W-well you are A FUCKING NIGGER.
Am I missing something here? Is this some sort of meme or are you just being an asshole for no reason? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post