The Fallacy Game

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2017, 07:40 AM
RE: The Fallacy Game
Oh damn, yes that one hurts. I have to listen in short bursts or my brain will break.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 07:52 AM
Next video to find fallacies. A bit harder than the first one:

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
02-04-2017, 11:46 AM
(02-04-2017 07:52 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Next video to find fallacies. A bit harder than the first one:

Appeal to emotion

I note that he didn't die, they put him under and he had a vivid dream while sedated. Facepalm

And the answer to what is the meaning of life is love, hmmm, that's pretty mundane.

A majority of people could come to that conclusion sober or just by taking various drugs. Smokin

I would've asked why god allows suffering when it's within his power to alleviate or eliminate it and I would have expected a much better answer than the usual apologetics about free will, etc.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
02-04-2017, 12:01 PM
(02-04-2017 07:52 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Next video to find fallacies. A bit harder than the first one:

> Sounds like nothing more to me than a vivid hallucination, coupled with the man's religious beliefs and his later interpretations of the dream. Consider