The Fashion Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2017, 03:53 AM
RE: The Fashion Thread
(12-09-2017 02:53 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  My wife keeps threatening to buy me a whole new wardrobe, as mine mainly consists of T-shirts/Hoodies/shorts and jeans haha. I don't mind but she wants me to look like "a grown up", like proper trousers/Jumpers [sweaters for the US people]/stuff like that, which is not cool for me lol. I like just being is clothes that keep me cool so I can chill out haha.

I'm exactly the same, my other half is very fashion conscious and likes to look smart wherever she goes, I on the other hand just like comfortable clothes which usually means joggers and a t-shirt, my idea of dressed up is jeans and a shirt... and maybe brush my hair Smile

Get your own bleeding hymn book
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
12-09-2017, 04:15 AM
(12-09-2017 03:53 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 02:53 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  My wife keeps threatening to buy me a whole new wardrobe, as mine mainly consists of T-shirts/Hoodies/shorts and jeans haha. I don't mind but she wants me to look like "a grown up", like proper trousers/Jumpers [sweaters for the US people]/stuff like that, which is not cool for me lol. I like just being is clothes that keep me cool so I can chill out haha.

I'm exactly the same, my other half is very fashion conscious and likes to look smart wherever she goes, I on the other hand just like comfortable clothes which usually means joggers and a t-shirt, my idea of dressed up is jeans and a shirt... and maybe brush my hair Smile
My problem is I'm a 90's guy lol. I was born in the late 80's, but grew up in the 90's/early 00's, so my fashion sense is inspired by what the cool kids wore back in the day. Basically I dress like a skateboarder, and I'm nearly 30 Laugh out load

I get her point, and I do dress up for work, but when I'm in the real world being social with people I like to be "me" and dress in what makes me feel comfortable.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
12-09-2017, 06:14 AM
Coincidentally I just sprung for a new leather jacket now that the morning ride is getting a bit nippy.

[Image: L2ltYWdlcy9wcm9kdWN0L2xhcmdlL1hTLTEwNS02..._MW400.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
12-09-2017, 06:58 AM
I had my fashion sense surgically removed.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
12-09-2017, 09:58 PM
(11-09-2017 06:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I so want a Tommy Hilfiger Trench Coat...

[Image: 31Q36e6l7hL.jpg]

With that red belt! Drooling
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
12-09-2017, 10:02 PM
(12-09-2017 09:58 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 06:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I so want a Tommy Hilfiger Trench Coat...

[Image: 31Q36e6l7hL.jpg]

With that red belt! Drooling

I know, right Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-09-2017, 10:19 PM
I can dress down or up, but I really love fashion. I like to do my own thing, but I also love trends. Trending and being current is participating in history, it's so fun when you look back and when it's current, it FEELS SO COOL! Ha ha.

One time recently, my daughter went to horse camp. We are not country at all but I embraced it. At the end of the week where she stays you go to a 'rodeo' where they demonstrate the stuff they learnt. The camp is set up like an old west town, it was so neat for her to participate (and yes, total christian with songs and sermons at the bond fire at night, I only mention because of the site we are on here Wink )

Anyway, I decided to wear my cowboy boots that I've never worn. I bought them from this guy who hand makes them in a shop in Mexico when I was in Mexico. Really gorgeous, has his stamp of authenticity. Leather and real snake skin (sorry JennyB!).

The thing about these boots is they aren't like other peoples boots. The tow tips go way out, so pointy. They are nearly gangsta in the classy way.

So, I went with family and some of the family was my husband, his dad and his brother. I can tell they were not appreciating this fine piece of art on my feet. I still laugh at the look my husband face made, telling me not to trip.

Anyway... This story ends up sad. No, I did not trip. But when I got home, my sweet wolf decided those were nice boots and chewed THE TIPS OFF!!!

OMG, I died. I was going to throw them out. However, my sweet father in law brought them to this shoemaker he knows. That guy was magic! It's just the tips are shorter. Ha ha. Oh well, I can still wear them. Shy

If I can find time to get a new image host site account I will post a photo of them.

(PS, those weird eyebrows are NOT COOL. I can't do it. I like my natural eyebrows.... and face for that matter. Actually, having fashion 'trend' body parts/shapes makes me feel sick, I disagree with this on a moral level)

(but sidetone: because those brows are SO fake and artsy, they are just a fashion trend, not a body part trend and it's okay- it's just me saying nope )
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
13-09-2017, 12:25 AM
(12-09-2017 10:19 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I can dress down or up, but I really love fashion. I like to do my own thing, but I also love trends. Trending and being current is participating in history, it's so fun when you look back and when it's current, it FEELS SO COOL! Ha ha.

One time recently, my daughter went to horse camp. We are not country at all but I embraced it. At the end of the week where she stays you go to a 'rodeo' where they demonstrate the stuff they learnt. The camp is set up like an old west town, it was so neat for her to participate (and yes, total christian with songs and sermons at the bond fire at night, I only mention because of the site we are on here Wink )

Anyway, I decided to wear my cowboy boots that I've never worn. I bought them from this guy who hand makes them in a shop in Mexico when I was in Mexico. Really gorgeous, has his stamp of authenticity. Leather and real snake skin (sorry JennyB!).

The thing about these boots is they aren't like other peoples boots. The tow tips go way out, so pointy. They are nearly gangsta in the classy way.

So, I went with family and some of the family was my husband, his dad and his brother. I can tell they were not appreciating this fine piece of art on my feet. I still laugh at the look my husband face made, telling me not to trip.

Anyway... This story ends up sad. No, I did not trip. But when I got home, my sweet wolf decided those were nice boots and chewed THE TIPS OFF!!!

OMG, I died. I was going to throw them out. However, my sweet father in law brought them to this shoemaker he knows. That guy was magic! It's just the tips are shorter. Ha ha. Oh well, I can still wear them. Shy

If I can find time to get a new image host site account I will post a photo of them.

(PS, those weird eyebrows are NOT COOL. I can't do it. I like my natural eyebrows.... and face for that matter. Actually, having fashion 'trend' body parts/shapes makes me feel sick, I disagree with this on a moral level)

(but sidetone: because those brows are SO fake and artsy, they are just a fashion trend, not a body part trend and it's okay- it's just me saying nope )

That was so nice of your father in law to get your boots fixed for you. My dogs have gotten into a few of my clothes too and a few yoga mats. Fashion and dogs don't mix Tongue but that's okay, they're adorable and are so worth a few chewed pants and tops.

I don't like the weird painted on eyebrows thing either. I've seen a few women who have had them tattooed on. I don't like that look either.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Ok, fashion advice wanted ...

My daughter is back from London in a few days for a one-week shopping spree here in Canada to build up her professional wardrobe (yes, actually, because the prices are almost half what she would pay in Britain)
She works in "the City" and the company expects employees to dress well (like very professional, not too conservative but very polished)
So I've been scouting out our favourite boutiques and stores.

I'm seeing a couple of alarming trends for fall: capri-length, wide-legged trousers worn with heels and one-piece pantsuits Hobo
Another trend that I'm not crazy about and that I don't think will look great on her is the longish, deconstructed blazer (no collar, almost Mandarin sleeves, looks like a weird oversized sweater).

Now my daughter is a gorgeous girl, but she is (relatively) long-waisted and short-legged (i.e. she has normal proportions), and she is not a fan of wearing heels to work.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
13-09-2017, 12:01 PM
(12-09-2017 06:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I had my fashion sense surgically removed.

You have my sympathy. I was lucky -- never had any to begin with.

Laugh out load