The Fight Club Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2012, 11:15 PM
RE: The Fight Club Thread
Ha, you will not digest some of that meat and you will die of prostate cancer because you do not want a finger up your rectum.

Under Repair.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsacow's post
26-05-2012, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2012 01:12 AM by GirlyMan.)
(25-05-2012 11:15 PM)itsacow Wrote:  Ha, you will not digest some of that meat and you will die of prostate cancer because you do not want a finger up your rectum.

Bah cow, I not only don't mind DRE's, I insist on them, pisses my Doc off. And my colonoscopies have been equally unremarkable. The meat I don't digest I just shit out.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Ok, so browsing the forum and see in the chat box TheArticSage:

Here is what we got so far.

Quote: » (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:31 -- i believe depression is probably the leading cause
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:30 -- learning about the world is one of the leading causes for suicide you know
» (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:30 -- let me post first you can reply
» (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:30 -- ya know what take this to the fight thread I want people to see how ignorant you are of real world problems
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:30 -- you think you should be able to control whether he wants to die or not?
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:29 -- why not?
» (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:29 -- it isnt a matter of "oh he wants to die let him"
» (report) earmuffs
- 25-05-20:29 -- we have an obligation to help them and not help them
kill themselves but help them with whatever is causing them to want to
kill themselves
» (report) TheArcticSage
- 25-05-20:29 -- alright then have a suicide program that will help
them deal with their problems and if they still want to commit suicide
then let them
» (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:28 -- the difference between euthansia and suicide, is suicide is tempory and often the cause is treatable
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:28 -- and you have no right to stop them
» (report) earmuffs
- 25-05-20:28 -- the point is, there are so many people that want to
commit suicide, BUT because they recieved apropriate help, they are now
in a far better place in their lives, are happy etc...
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:27 -- but they all want to die nonetheless
» (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:27 -- various mental illnesses, recent tragic loss etc.. many different factors based on case by case
» (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:26 -- suicide is always more then just "oh I want to die"
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:26 -- as long as they aren't major criminals of course
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:25 -- I believe in people's rights to decide if they want to die
» (report) earmuffs
- 25-05-20:25 -- if that guy wants to die, that is his choice. I am
pro euthansia (not pro suicide, there is a major difference). But in
that case if the courts allow it then the responsibility of pulling the
plug should be of someone willing to and educated too. ie: a doctor who
is pro-euthansia
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:25 -- especially if they can't do it themselves
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:24 -- it's humane to end someone's life if they ask for it earmuffs
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:23 -- even in the cases of successful ones doesn't mean it isn't painless
» (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:23 -- that case will never stick, they cant force someone to end someone elses life
» (report) earmuffs
- 25-05-20:23 -- it is extremely unfair to put that sort of thing on
anyone, especially a doctor who no doubt is against euthansia and got
into the profession to save lives
» (report) TheArcticSage - 25-05-20:23 -- look in the case of failed suicides it's probably going to be very painful for the individual
» (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:22 -- interesting
» (report) earmuffs
- 25-05-20:22 -- son, I live in New Zealand the only news we get down
here is new zealand news or something about some shitty celeb. ie: if
it has any form of deph to it, the chances of it reaching my ears are
next to nothing because our news channels suck major balls and would
rather show articles about old people planting gardens for their
community then actual relevent interesting news
» (report) Zephony - 25-05-20:22 -- so he is looking at possible legal action against his doctor if he went through it it
» (report) Zephony - 25-05-20:21 -- it is an euthanasia case. a man with locked in syndrom is wanting to end his life, but physically can't
» (report) Zephony - 25-05-20:20 -- earmuffs, have you heard about the test case for assisted suicide thats going through britans courts?
» (report) earmuffs - 25-05-20:18 -- eutanasia (spelling?) is one thing, but suicide is another
start from the bottom up.

There was more but it only goes so far.

So yes, TheArticSage thinks we should help people kill themselves, so I thought I would bring that discussion here. Because I can and it lasts longer.

So as I was saying, we shouldn't help people kill themselves because that I the easy option and more often then not people don't actually want to kill themselves. They often have depression or a mental illness or they suffered a recent loss etc... All things that can be treated and heal with time (and medication some times).
Just because they want to kill themselves does not mean they can get past those thoughts come out into a happier place and live a long and happy life.

That is why we don't help them, because there is that chance and that is possible.

Euthanasia is different in the sense that that is not possible. Mostly due to something like a vegetable state.

There is always more to it then "oh I want to kill myself", there is always a reason and more often then not, a curable reason.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
26-05-2012, 02:43 AM
(26-05-2012 02:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So yes, TheArticSage thinks we should help people kill themselves, so I thought I would bring that discussion here. Because I can and it lasts longer.

So as I was saying, we shouldn't help people kill themselves because that I the easy option and more often then not people don't actually want to kill themselves. They often have depression or a mental illness or they suffered a recent loss etc... All things that can be treated and heal with time (and medication some times).
Just because they want to kill themselves does not mean they can get past those thoughts come out into a happier place and live a long and happy life.

That is why we don't help them, because there is that chance and that is possible.

Euthanasia is different in the sense that that is not possible. Mostly due to something like a vegetable state.

There is always more to it then "oh I want to kill myself", there is always a reason and more often then not, a curable reason.
Hey I'm not saying that they shouldn't be tried to convinced otherwise from killing themselves, I'm all for that, I'm just saying that if they still decide that they want to end it. Let them, and there should be a place where they can get assistance for this just how you wanted to assist them not to commit suicide. It's only fair, and it's what I would expect someone to do for me.
[+] 1 user Likes TheArcticSage's post
26-05-2012, 11:11 PM
(26-05-2012 02:43 AM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(26-05-2012 02:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So yes, TheArticSage thinks we should help people kill themselves, so I thought I would bring that discussion here. Because I can and it lasts longer.

Hey I'm not saying that they shouldn't be tried to convinced otherwise from killing themselves, I'm all for that, I'm just saying that if they still decide that they want to end it. Let them, and there should be a place where they can get assistance for this just how you wanted to assist them not to commit suicide. It's only fair, and it's what I would expect someone to do for me.
That is not what you said at all.

You plainly said that if people wanted to kill themselves then we should help them.
I then said that that is stupid because people can get past whatever is making them want to kill themselves.
You disagreed because you're a small child with very little knowledge of real world problems apart from whatever your mommy and daddy say while watching the news.

And even then what you said is stupid because what you said is the easy option of just, get this, giving up.

*insert something about you denying the holocaust here*

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
04-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Somebody needed to ressurect this thread.

Evil_monster

Trust me, I did you guys a favor.

By the way, please pin this thread, I might need to use it later..... Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Some of you can be twats. Others can be pretty cool. I have no particular beef with anyone (except the one douchebag who insists I have no musical taste whatsoever because I don't care for The Beatles...but I succesfully reamed him in the intellectual ass), however, I've noticed - on more than one occasion - several of us so-called "rationalists" have been making some very fallacious and fundamentally irrational arguments about various things. That's one thing that really struck me when I joined this site. I remember being amazed at the amount of irrationality and thinking "Wow...there really is no group that isn't brimming with morons."

I suppose I should have expected that from the outset. Dodgy

Anyway, while I don't really have any specific qualms, I would like to recommend to EVERYONE that they keep an eye on their arguments; the manner in which they're presented; and the logic upon which they're based. I've seen a few of you present yourselves as dim-witted as your average creationist. Stay frosty; we're better than that.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
04-10-2012, 10:11 PM
(04-10-2012 10:09 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Some of you can be twats. Others can be pretty cool. I have no particular beef with anyone (except the one douchebag who insists I have no musical taste whatsoever because I don't care for The Beatles...but I succesfully reamed him in the intellectual ass), however, I've noticed - on more than one occasion - several of us so-called "rationalists" have been making some very fallacious and fundamentally irrational arguments about various things. That's one thing that really struck me when I joined this site. I remember being amazed at the amount of irrationality and thinking "Wow...there really is no group that isn't brimming with morons."

Anyway, while I don't really have any specific qualms, I would like to recommend to EVERYONE that they keep an eye on their arguments; the manner in which they're presented; and the logic upon which they're based. I've seen a few of you present yourselves as dim-witted as your average creationist. Stay frosty; we're better than that.

I assume I am within the group of morons? Unless, you are very sparing with the way you catagorize.

04-10-2012, 10:14 PM
(04-10-2012 10:11 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 10:09 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Some of you can be twats. Others can be pretty cool. I have no particular beef with anyone (except the one douchebag who insists I have no musical taste whatsoever because I don't care for The Beatles...but I succesfully reamed him in the intellectual ass), however, I've noticed - on more than one occasion - several of us so-called "rationalists" have been making some very fallacious and fundamentally irrational arguments about various things. That's one thing that really struck me when I joined this site. I remember being amazed at the amount of irrationality and thinking "Wow...there really is no group that isn't brimming with morons."

I assume I am within the group of morons? Unless, you are very sparing with the way you catagorize.

I can't recall any specific instances; I just know that I've seen moronic things from various users in passing. So, you could be; I have no idea. lol

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2012, 10:16 PM
(04-10-2012 10:14 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 10:11 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I assume I am within the group of morons? Unless, you are very sparing with the way you catagorize.

I can't recall any specific instances; I just know that I've seen moronic things from various users in passing. So, you could be; I have no idea. lol

Well... Hopefully not. I try to be as logical as possible, though sometimes I tend to go on the "emotional" side when I am deeply disgusted with something. Other than that, I don't seem me committing many logical fallacies.

I like you, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that you are a serial killer.....Confused Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post