The Fight Club Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 10:22 PM
RE: The Fight Club Thread
(04-10-2012 10:16 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 10:14 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I can't recall any specific instances; I just know that I've seen moronic things from various users in passing. So, you could be; I have no idea. lol

Well... Hopefully not. I try to be as logical as possible, though sometimes I tend to go on the "emotional" side when I am deeply disgusted with something. Other than that, I don't seem me committing many logical fallacies.

I like you, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that you are a serial killer.....Confused Tongue

Most people assume that, yes. Smile

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
(04-10-2012 10:22 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 10:16 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Well... Hopefully not. I try to be as logical as possible, though sometimes I tend to go on the "emotional" side when I am deeply disgusted with something. Other than that, I don't seem me committing many logical fallacies.

I like you, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that you are a serial killer.....Confused Tongue

Most people assume that, yes. Smile

Could your name be Dexter Morgan?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2012, 10:27 PM
(04-10-2012 10:25 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 10:22 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Most people assume that, yes. Smile

Could your name be Dexter Morgan?

It could be. In theory, anyway.

It changes, depending on the location/social climate.

05-10-2012, 11:53 PM
(04-10-2012 10:09 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I have no particular beef with anyone (except the one douchebag who insists I have no musical taste whatsoever because I don't care for The Beatles...but I succesfully reamed him in the intellectual ass)

No amount of reaming on your part makes the "douchebag's" assertion any less credible.
[Image: FunnyFace2.gif]
I would have said you have no musical taste to speak of if you don't care for The Beatles.
It's like saying you love Mexican food, but hate beans and cheese. Ridiculous.

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
06-10-2012, 01:26 AM
(05-10-2012 11:53 PM)Quidsane Wrote:  I would have said you have no musical taste to speak of if you don't care for The Beatles.

... um... It's like saying you like food, but don't like Mexican food as far as I can see. A perfectly reasonable assertion.
06-10-2012, 01:29 AM
(05-10-2012 11:53 PM)Quidsane Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 10:09 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I have no particular beef with anyone (except the one douchebag who insists I have no musical taste whatsoever because I don't care for The Beatles...but I succesfully reamed him in the intellectual ass)

No amount of reaming on your part makes the "douchebag's" assertion any less credible.
[Image: FunnyFace2.gif]
I would have said you have no musical taste to speak of if you don't care for The Beatles.

Not getting into it again Wink

06-10-2012, 02:48 AM
(06-10-2012 01:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 11:53 PM)Quidsane Wrote:  I would have said you have no musical taste to speak of if you don't care for The Beatles.

... um... It's like saying you like food, but don't like Mexican food as far as I can see. A perfectly reasonable assertion.

It's alright. To them, The Beatles aren't simply a piece of music among many; to them, The Beatles ARE music.

Like most cults, this one is resistant to logic and nearly impervious to reason.

Best just to let it go, I think. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
06-10-2012, 03:09 AM
(04-10-2012 10:09 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Anyway, while I don't really have any specific qualms, I would like to recommend to EVERYONE that they keep an eye on their arguments; the manner in which they're presented; and the logic upon which they're based. I've seen a few of you present yourselves as dim-witted as your average creationist. Stay frosty; we're better than that.

As Girly likes to say, "Who's we, Kemosabe?"
06-10-2012, 04:55 AM
(06-10-2012 01:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... um... It's like saying you like food, but don't like Mexican food as far as I can see. A perfectly reasonable assertion.

Beans & cheese (The Beatles) are the core of the majority of Mexican food (Pop/Rock music).
One can directly trace the lineage of Porcupine Tree/Slayer/Death/Cradle Of Filth/Black Sabbath/
Pearl Jam/Soundgarden/Judas Priest/Garth Brooks/KISS/Taylor Swift/Michael Jackson/etc. etc. etc.
blah blah blah ad infinitum ad nauseum... all the way to The Beatles. To deny that is to be delusional.
That's all I meant. I actually have a friend (a drummer) who "can't stand" The Beatles.
I simply find that position to not be of sound mind. Haha, see what I did there?
Sound mind. ahahahaaa Big Grin

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Quidsane's post
06-10-2012, 05:16 AM
(06-10-2012 04:55 AM)Quidsane Wrote:  I simply find that position to not be of sound mind. Haha, see what I did there?
Sound mind. ahahahaaa Big Grin

^ Maniacal laughter while accusing others of not having a sound mind Smile Hahahahahahaha to you sir Tongue

You know that there exist those who don't listen to rock? There is endless variety in music. Jazz doesn't do much for me. Neither does classical. Of course, in each genre there are some gems which make me want to just stop everything and spend the next 20 years learning to play the bagpipes...

So I can imagine that some people might not like the Beatles...