The Fight Club Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2012, 05:36 AM
RE: The Fight Club Thread
(06-10-2012 05:16 AM)morondog Wrote:  So I can imagine that some people might not like the Beatles...

Yes, I understand that and agree, and yet still I can't fathom it.
I guess I'm just being resistant to logic and nearly impervious to reason. Big Grin
Oh, well...

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Quidsane's post
06-10-2012, 08:02 PM
(06-10-2012 04:55 AM)Quidsane Wrote:  
(06-10-2012 01:26 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... um... It's like saying you like food, but don't like Mexican food as far as I can see. A perfectly reasonable assertion.

Beans & cheese (The Beatles) are the core of the majority of Mexican food (Pop/Rock music).
One can directly trace the lineage of Porcupine Tree/Slayer/Death/Cradle Of Filth/Black Sabbath/
Pearl Jam/Soundgarden/Judas Priest/Garth Brooks/KISS/Taylor Swift/Michael Jackson/etc. etc. etc.
blah blah blah ad infinitum ad nauseum... all the way to The Beatles. To deny that is to be delusional.
That's all I meant. I actually have a friend (a drummer) who "can't stand" The Beatles.
I simply find that position to not be of sound mind. Haha, see what I did there?
Sound mind. ahahahaaa Big Grin

The genetic fallacy, folks. Welcome to it.

By your logic, The Beatles were the first musical group to ever exist. And yet, music itself goes back thousands of years. The Beatles are (were) but one cog in a tremendously vast machine.

I can enjoy musical groups without enjoying whichever groups influenced them.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Vosur and I probably should have had it out here a long time ago.

I didn't know this Thread existed.

Vosur,

I still have a heavy distaste for your demeanor.

Every time I start a casual debate/discussion pertaining to or relating to Theism or religion, you bring it to a whole new level of unpleasant.

Your persistence to bring me to quickly answer your questions is childish in my opinion.
And it's not even so much your persistence as it is your snark attitude about it.

I don't want to admit that you're a very intelligent person, because this isn't really the time or place for that. But I will say that I think that you may just be directing your intelligence into a bias that makes discussion with you fully moot at times.

wut

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
17-12-2012, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 07:12 AM by Vosur.)
AW: RE: The Fight Club Thread
(17-12-2012 05:59 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Your persistence to bring me to quickly answer your questions is childish in my opinion.
Waiting months for you to answer is what you call persistently bringing you to answer my questions quickly? Keep telling that to yourself, you may believe it one day.

Your attempts at victimizing yourself, your repeated excuses and your intellectual dishonesty have grown tired on me. I don't really care about your unsubstantiated opinion anymore.
17-12-2012, 07:29 AM
RE: AW: The Fight Club Thread
(17-12-2012 07:03 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 05:59 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Your persistence to bring me to quickly answer your questions is childish in my opinion.
Waiting months for you to answer is what you call persistently bringing you to answer my questions quickly? Keep telling that to yourself, you may believe it one day.

Your attempts at victimizing yourself, your repeated excuses and your intellectual dishonesty have grown tired on me. I don't really care about your unsubstantiated opinion anymore.

Many times, what you had seen as me "victimizing" myself was simply a misunderstanding of the text and situation.
Your view of me is what is dishonest. My observation of the forums has led me to believe that I am one of the few Theists here that will stand corrected and admit it so. I'm one of the few that is not here to "teach the Atheist a lesson" but rather as a learning experience.

If I were not a Theist, I believe you would not have easily lost respect for me.
That's called bias, and you're drowning in it..

—Jeremy LaBorde
17-12-2012, 08:54 AM
(17-12-2012 07:29 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Many times, what you had seen as me "victimizing" myself was simply a misunderstanding of the text and situation.
Example(s)?

(17-12-2012 07:29 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  If I were not a Theist, I believe you would not have easily lost respect for me.
Actually, I dislike intellectually dishonest people regardless of their religious or political beliefs. For instance, the fact that I like KC and Phil_GA makes for great evidence against your assertion. That my aversion towards intellectually dishonest humans is not limited to theists is easily demonstrated by the fact that I don't like Bishadi, TheArticSage and I and I, just to name a few. Once again, you show how quick you are to victimize yourself, propagating that the reason I lost respect for you so easily was because you are a theist, a group of people I am supposedly biased again, which is demonstrably false.

Just look at the introduction thread of Phil_GA if you want to see how I treat people that are actually interested in learning something on here.
17-12-2012, 09:43 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 09:52 PM by ideasonscribe.)
(17-12-2012 08:54 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 07:29 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Many times, what you had seen as me "victimizing" myself was simply a misunderstanding of the text and situation.
Example(s)?

(17-12-2012 07:29 AM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  If I were not a Theist, I believe you would not have easily lost respect for me.
Actually, I dislike intellectually dishonest people regardless of their religious or political beliefs. For instance, the fact that I like KC and Phil_GA makes for great evidence against your assertion. That my aversion towards intellectually dishonest humans is not limited to theists is easily demonstrated by the fact that I don't like Bishadi, TheArticSage and I and I, just to name a few. Once again, you show how quick you are to victimize yourself, propagating that the reason I lost respect for you so easily was because you are a theist, a group of people I am supposedly biased again, which is demonstrably false.

Just look at the introduction thread of Phil_GA if you want to see how I treat people that are actually interested in learning something on here.

You focus too highly on my "victimizing" myself.
Where is the real conversation?

—Jeremy LaBorde
19-12-2012, 07:25 AM
(17-12-2012 09:43 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  Where is the real conversation?
You accused me of several things that I have responded to; that's pretty much all there is to this conversation.
19-12-2012, 07:48 AM
Fucking Vosur, you're such a bully. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user