The Fight Club Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2012, 07:03 PM
RE: The Fight Club Thread
(23-05-2012 06:53 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(23-05-2012 06:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fair enough. You probably have good reason not to. But absent pics my money's on Vosur. Bigass fucker's got a 50-50 chance against Girly in a Sumo match. Absent pics, a WiseSeal ain't got no chance against Girly. Wink
I've only posted an image of myself on the internet once. And that was a looooooong time ago. I just like the idea of being anonymous, faceless, where people won't judge you and you won't judge them other than by the information that is shared between the two.

Me too. Until my wife and family started posting pictures of me. Then I thought "Well, what the fuck, I'm already out there, my family has destroyed any Unabomber plans I might've had." ... Okay, you're all patched up now and ready for the next round with Vosur. My advice ... stay away from his bigass, make him chase you and see if he tires out. Smile

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-05-2012, 07:07 PM
(23-05-2012 07:02 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  We're just asking if he remembers anything, it's not like we're asking him to testify against clinton for a sex scandal in the white house. Also, I had a feeling there was more to this than just me being a little insensitive. If you want to debate about the holocaust I have a thread for that.
In that case, we will have to wait for kineo to contribute to this thread.

As for the Holocaust, I included that example in order to use your own argument against you (eye-witnesses are not reliable). I do not plan on discussing a matter (i.e. the Holocaust) that has already been solved.

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
23-05-2012, 07:14 PM
(23-05-2012 07:02 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  And the bad ratings in my profile are mostly calling me a bigot, racist, and about me being a holocaust denier, not many things to do with my attitude. You didn't even rate my profile until you read the thread about the holocaust Tongue
First of all, that's certainly not true:

"Yet another holocaust denier. Makes fatuous claims, with very little supporting evidence to back them, against a mountain of evidence to back them up. And all with a smug attitude."

"repeatedly acting like a jerk; horrible attitude towards others"

"You're just antagonizing in many of your posts now. I'm not against your opinions, but this attiude is excessive."

Second of all, I actually did rate your profile after reading several posts of yours in the Holocaust denial thread, the 9/11 inside job thread and one or two others. What makes you think that I didn't?

23-05-2012, 07:26 PM
(23-05-2012 07:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-05-2012 07:02 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  And the bad ratings in my profile are mostly calling me a bigot, racist, and about me being a holocaust denier, not many things to do with my attitude. You didn't even rate my profile until you read the thread about the holocaust Tongue
First of all, that's certainly not true:

"Yet another holocaust denier. Makes fatuous claims, with very little supporting evidence to back them, against a mountain of evidence to back them up. And all with a smug attitude."

"You're just antagonizing in many of your posts now. I'm not against your opinions, but this attiude is excessive."

Second of all, I actually did rate your profile after reading several posts of yours in the Holocaust denial thread, the 9/11 inside job thread and one or two others. What makes you think that I didn't?
and lets not forget theeee "I don't like anti-semites, and yes- you are one of them."

and

"What Chas said.
"

and what chas said

"Holocaust denial? Really"

and then there's this

" Genocide denial ------- does it need a comment"

and this is pretty much a curtsy at the end

"Yet another holocaust denier. Makes fatuous claims, with very little
supporting evidence to back them, against a mountain of evidence to back
them up. And all with a smug attitude"

he still rated me down for being a holocaust denier.

Soooo all in all we have the people I'm debating with rating me down for my personal beliefs and passive observers rating me down for the way I act. And I have a feeling you don't care about how I act but rather that I'm a holocaust denier because that's all you want to talk to me about. :/

and thanks girly man Smile
23-05-2012, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 07:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-05-2012 07:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  As for the Holocaust, I included that example in order to use your own argument against you (eye-witnesses are not reliable).

Dude introduced that thread just to be provocative. Dude did not introduce it well. Bottom line is that disease is probably responsible for more deaths in the concentration camps than the Nazi's gas chambers. Goddam Nazis are still responsible for creating the conditions every bit as much as the Europeans are responsible for introducing smallpox into the Native American community with free blankets. ... Okay, you're all patched up now and ready for the next round. My advice is to just stay put and see if your opponent's got the balls to attack.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
23-05-2012, 07:33 PM
(23-05-2012 07:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-05-2012 07:07 PM)Vosur Wrote:  As for the Holocaust, I included that example in order to use your own argument against you (eye-witnesses are not reliable).

Dude introduced that thread just to be provocative. Dude did not introduce it well. Bottom line is that disease is probably responsible for more deaths in the concentration camps than the Nazi's gas chambers. Goddam Nazis are still responsible for creating the conditions every bit as much as the Europeans are responsible for introducing smallpox into the Native Americasn community with free blankets. ... Okay, you're all patched up now and ready for the next round. My advice is to just stay put and see if your opponent's got the balls to attack.
I agree I could have gone better about creating the thread well. My other thread about questioning the information has been much more productive. Relatively speaking. However when I created that thread I had no idea that everyone's reaction would have been so zealous.
23-05-2012, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 07:39 PM by Vosur.)
(23-05-2012 07:26 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  
(23-05-2012 07:14 PM)Vosur Wrote:  First of all, that's certainly not true:

and lets not forget theeee "I don't like anti-semites, and yes- you are one of them."

and

"What Chas said.
"

and what chas said

"Holocaust denial? Really"

and then there's this

" Genocide denial ------- does it need a comment"

and this is pretty much a curtsy at the end

"Yet another holocaust denier. Makes fatuous claims, with very little
supporting evidence to back them, against a mountain of evidence to back
them up. And all with a smug attitude"

he still rated me down for being a holocaust denier.

Soooo all in all we have the people I'm debating with rating me down for my personal beliefs and passive observers rating me down for the way I act. And I have a feeling you don't care about how I act but rather that I'm a holocaust denier because that's all you want to talk to me about. :/

and thanks girly man Smile
You claimed that "not many things" have to do with your attitude. I've debunked your claim by quoting three ratings mentioning your attitude. There are 8 negative ratings to be exact. Three of them adress the holocaust, three of them adress your attitude and finally, one of them adresses the holocaust and your attitude.

Both points have been critcized four times. Your statement, that the ratings are "mostly" about holocaust denial is therefore false.

Edit: I almost forgot to adress the last point in your post. If I would care about your views on the Holocaust, I would've given you a negative rating for your believes, not your behaviour. For all I care, you can believe in whatever you want, as long as you behave yourself well.

[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
23-05-2012, 07:43 PM
(23-05-2012 07:35 PM)Vosur Wrote:  You claim that "not many things" had to do with your attitude. I disproved your claim by quoting three ratings mentioning your attitude. There are 8 negative ratings to be exact. Three of them adress the holocaust, three of them adress your attitude and finally, one of them adresses the holocaust and your attitude.

Both points have been critcized four times. Your statement, that the ratings are "mostly" about holocaust denial is therefore false.
You make it sound like negative ratings are the only ratings I have. I have 13 ratings, 2 of them are about my attitude and 1 of them is by you. Debzilla could be counted if the reason why she rated me down was more than just a follow the leader. And you could count Carlos smug attitude at the end but even then that's 1 out of 3 for bad attitude out of your standards and 2 out of 13 by my standards. either way I consider that not many. Drinking Beverage

But then again you don't even care about my attitude do you? Because this entire time you've been relating to proving my bad attitude with references about what I said in the holocaust threads. Clearly whatever resentment you have against me has to have something to do with me being a holocaust denier.
23-05-2012, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 07:55 PM by Vosur.)
(23-05-2012 07:43 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  But then again you don't even care about my attitude do you? Because this entire time you've been relating to proving my bad attitude with references about what I said in the holocaust threads. Clearly whatever resentment you have against me has to have something to do with me being a holocaust denier.
I'm sorry, but I currently don't feel like repeating myself, so instead, I suggest you to read my first posts once more. After you've done that, tell me what I criticized: Your views on the Holocaust or your behaviour?

23-05-2012, 08:19 PM
(23-05-2012 07:51 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-05-2012 07:43 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  You make it sound like negative ratings are the only ratings I have. I have 13 ratings, 2 of them are about my attitude and 1 of them is by you. Debzilla could be counted if the reason why she rated me down was more than just a follow the leader. And you could count Carlos smug attitude at the end but even then that's 1 out of 3 for bad attitude out of your standards and 2 out of 13 by my standards. either way I consider that not many. Drinking Beverage
I was solely referring to the negative ratings.
(23-05-2012 07:43 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  But then again you don't even care about my attitude do you? Because this entire time you've been relating to proving my bad attitude with references about what I said in the holocaust threads. Clearly whatever resentment you have against me has to have something to do with me being a holocaust denier.
I'm sorry, but I currently don't feel like repeating myself, so instead, I suggest you to read my first posts once more. After you've done that, tell me what I criticized: Your views on the Holocaust or your behaviour?
Well we can't be cherry pickers now can we?

and you criticized both of them if you remembered correctly.

[Image: EwBKPM.png]
You called me delusional, that really hurt my feelings, and was also an insult. I spent an hour crying because of that comment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Whispering Thread cufflink 759 27,169 12-08-2014 08:59 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  The Green Thread..... Stark Raving 36 1,814 11-08-2014 04:39 PM
Last Post: Wicked Clown
  .....stream of consciousness thread.......... dancefortwo 2 62 06-08-2014 11:30 AM
Last Post: kim
  the SHOUT BOX thread :) LadyJane 644 24,899 28-07-2014 08:14 PM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  Not the same "Guess Who Has A B'day Today" thread DLJ 25 297 02-07-2014 06:09 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Parody Thread DLJ 106 1,689 14-06-2014 08:37 PM
Last Post: Monster_Riffs
  The "I'm Drrrrunk!" Thread! Charis 261 3,072 01-06-2014 11:26 PM
Last Post: Charis