The Final Assault, by Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
16-09-2013, 05:51 PM
RE: The Final Assault, by Mark Dreher
I was thinking about what cheeses I regularly eat.

Oka, when I can get it
Monterrey Jack
Pepper Jack
Cheddars of various ages
Brie
Camembert
Jarlsberg
Swiss
Emmentaler
Gruyere
Havarti
Gouda
Tilsit
Feta (usually in salad)
Provolone
Parmesan
Romano (usually in cooking)
Cheese curds (in poutine)
Paneer (Indian food)
American (cheeseburger, grilled cheese, etc.)
Mozzarella (Pizza)

I probably missed some.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-09-2013, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2013 06:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-09-2013 05:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I prefer brown sugar and maple oatmeal.

I can only hope you mean this: [Image: steelcutoatmeal2.png] Yes

and not this: [Image: oatmeal-1.jpg] No

(16-09-2013 05:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  I was thinking about what cheeses I regularly eat.

Oka, when I can get it
Monterrey Jack
Pepper Jack
Cheddars of various ages
Brie
Camembert
Jarlsberg
Swiss
Emmentaler
Gruyere
Havarti
Gouda
Tilsit
Feta (usually in salad)
Provolone
Parmesan
Romano (usually in cooking)
Cheese curds (in poutine)
Paneer (Indian food)
American (cheeseburger, grilled cheese, etc.)
Mozzarella (Pizza)

I probably missed some.

Why no love for Roquefort? Delicious mold melting in my mouth. Drooling I like just about all cheese but I prefer the stronger ones like sharp cheddars and the blues. Only had one cheese I'll never try again: Limburger. Tastes like it was aged in an armpit ... or a foot ... or both.

What kinda cheese Shekinah likes, Mark?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
16-09-2013, 05:59 PM
The first, but I got the idea from the second.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-09-2013, 06:02 PM
(16-09-2013 05:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I prefer brown sugar and maple oatmeal. Course I love the flavor of maple. Not a fan of fruit in oatmeal. Cinnamon is good, I am not a huge fan of ginger but may try it. I keep it on hand for pumpkin pie. Drooling

Speaking of pumpkin pie, it's almost that time of year again...love a spicy pumpkin pie...my recipe in particular. Deep dish, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Much more desert-like that way and so good with whipped cream...Thumbsup

The problem is, pumpkin pie spice, is good, but it contains cinnamon, ginger, all spice, cloves and nutmeg.

That is the composition, of pumpkin pie spice.

A lot of cinnamon, too.

And, I avoid cinnamon, because "it makes you hungry".

And, I don't consume sugar, at all.

I use equal, in the spoon out container.

I quit all sugar, about twenty years ago.

I am a "hypoglycemic person".

Prone, to "low blood sugar".

The hypoglycemic, is "the most sensitive".

It recreates, the "state of fasting", without actually fasting.

Fasting, makes you "more sensitive", to God.

And a hypoglycemic, is "fasting", even when they eat.

You emulate fasting.
16-09-2013, 06:03 PM
(16-09-2013 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 04:28 PM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  Yes.

Ginger is good, and no messing with the blood sugar.

Ginger, also, "makes you skinny".

By "speeding up your metabolism" by about 20%.

This is how an old fart, like me, keeps a 32 inch waist.

Ginger.

It sends the food through your intestines, quicker.

And, it prevents, many forms of cancer.

So skinny

And "no cancer"

Is ginger.

That is on the website.

Quote:

For oatmeal, the big drum container of the Quaker Oats "quick 1 minute" variety seems to work out the best. (Or the cheaper look-a-like "quick 1 minute" generic store version, it works about the same.) Also, no matter what type you use, it seems you actually have to microwave them for about three minutes to fully cook them however.

The "Manna cakes" mentioned in the bible would simply be "oatmeal cookies" that were heavily seasoned by ginger spice before cooking, you also may add raisins (or not, that is optional), for Shekinah's "Golden Manna Cookies". Golden manna cookies are simply oatmeal cookies that have had the cinnamon ingredient replaced by much more healthy ginger. In the cookie recipes for oatmeal cookies, just substitute ginger for the cinnamon spice listed. Also liberally coat the outside of the cookies with ginger.

Manna in either form also happens to be very very good for your cholesterol. The main ingredient of oatmeal is the ultimate heart healthy food. Think of the oatmeal flakes as "little sponges", made just for wiping up and absorbing cholesterol.

A daily dose of Shekinah's Golden Manna will keep your arteries clear. And the high fiber content also makes all constipation a thing of the past. And the natural herb ginger ingredient has been proven to help prevent colon and ovarian cancers. Miracle ginger has at least ten other known proven health benefits, including preventing colds, the flu, migraines, headaches and menstrual cramps.

http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/10-...inger.html

Ginger also aids all food digestion and speeds up your metabolism by as much as 20%. This can help prevent the slow, sluggish, unhealthy metabolism that we all get as we get older. All your movements will now become effortless, and as regular as clockwork. The miracle herb ginger can make you skinny again.

(NOTE: Be careful however if after a few months you get a bit "too skinny". Ginger can do that after a long period. You have to then lay off and let your metabolism slow back down a bit. Just have the porridge or the cookies without the ginger ingredient added, for at least a few weeks, until you "plump up" again. Too skinny can be as bad as too fat. Somewhere in the middle is ideal. So lay off for a while, if you get too skinny. It definitely is a "slimming product" with the ginger added, ideal for older, overweight people to trim back down to about their ideal weight in their thirties, as a norm. Or anyone who wants to lose a few pounds. But "gaunt" is not a good look for anyone either, it highlights your wrinkles, somewhere in the middle is best. Lay off the ginger ingredient for a while, if you get too skinny.)

Optional fruit -- for Shekinah's Golden Manna porridge, adding fresh blueberries will give you the very most possible healthful antioxidants, these little berries ward off cancer and other diseases. The next most healthy fruit is fresh cut strawberries, or you could even have them both.

Also, the Shekinah likes for you to refer to these two things (the ginger spice flavored breakfast porridge or the cookies) both as "Shekinah's Golden Manna". Manna is delicious, very healthful, and should be a priority food and snack. (Called "Shekinah's Golden Manna", if you want to see God smile.)

Important Note: It is important to strictly avoid using any cinnamon in your manna. For non diabetics, cinnamon actually causes the body to crave more food, it causes a "ravenous hunger response" a few minutes or hours after you first consume it. For diabetics however, cinnamon is actually very good for you, it just brings your blood sugar levels into a more normal range.

**Cinnamon and ginger work by effecting your insulin sensitivity. In reality, cinnamon makes you fat, ginger makes you skinny, and they both taste good. It is your choice. However, if you feel that you or your children are already at your ideal weight, you would probably not want to add either of these ingredients.

Note, for diabetics however, cinnamon happens to be a particular boon to helping reverse most of the effects of that disease. (And you can use it without making yourself too fat, it just lowers your high blood sugar levels to a more normal range, not generally "too low", causing food cravings.) In the case of a diabetic, cinnamon would be by far the best thing for you. And you can confirm that by doing a little research using the two keywords "cinnamon diabetes", cinnamon has a miracle reversing effect on diabetes that you should explore and be well aware of. For a diabetic, a daily cinnamon flavored manna porridge can practically cure you. The cure for diabetes? Hmm.. For some people, the simple answer is yes. Studies show that daily cinnamon usage lowers your high blood sugar levels by about 25%, and if that cures you? That cures you. And all diabetics can now have more minimal symptoms, probably no symptoms at all. FYI.

End quote.

Ginger on oatmeal is an excellent idea! I usually drink my ginger as juice mixed with other green vegetable juices to take the edge off their bitterness but putting it on oatmeal is brilliant. And I'm a Type II diabetic but I don't really like the taste of cinnamon so I take it in a concentrated capsule form. It does lower my sugars. The only part of that post I strongly disagree with though is the instant oatmeal. The only oats worth a damn are steel cut. Rolled oats and whatever the hell that instant shit is will spike your sugars. The less processed your grains the better.

[Image: Oatss.jpg]

While I am cooking dinner, I boil a pot of water on the side. When it is at a rolling boil (ideally, or when I get to it) I take it off the heat and I add in steel cut oats, flax seeds, and chia seeds. Stir the chia in well as it makes a sort of gelatin and should be evenly distributed. Then I usually stir in some nuts. You can add raisins or dried cranberries at this time too. I like the cranberries. So now I set it aside to cool, and then put it in the fridge. By morning it will be quite thick, you will need to play a bit with how much of what you use, I do it by taste. I make enough for 5 or so breakfasts. Just spoon it in your bowl, add some water, stir and microwave. Then I usually add in some fresh fruit, and/or Agave syrup and whatever spices. It's super nutritious and fast and convenient.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-09-2013, 06:05 PM
(16-09-2013 06:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ginger on oatmeal is an excellent idea! I usually drink my ginger as juice mixed with other green vegetable juices to take the edge off their bitterness but putting it on oatmeal is brilliant. And I'm a Type II diabetic but I don't really like the taste of cinnamon so I take it in a concentrated capsule form. It does lower my sugars. The only part of that post I strongly disagree with though is the instant oatmeal. The only oats worth a damn are steel cut. Rolled oats and whatever the hell that instant shit is will spike your sugars. The less processed your grains the better.

[Image: Oatss.jpg]

While I am cooking dinner, I boil a pot of water on the side. When it is at a rolling boil (ideally, or when I get to it) I take it off the heat and I add in steel cut oats, flax seeds, and chia seeds. Stir the chia in well as it makes a sort of gelatin and should be evenly distributed. Then I usually stir in some nuts. You can add raisins or dried cranberries at this time too. I like the cranberries. So now I set it aside to cool, and then put it in the fridge. By morning it will be quite thick, you will need to play a bit with how much of what you use, I do it by taste. I make enough for 5 or so breakfasts. Just spoon it in your bowl, add some water, stir and microwave. Then I usually add in some fresh fruit, and/or Agave syrup and whatever spices. It's super nutritious and fast and convenient.

Oh, and you can also stir in some egg and fry it up like pancakes.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-09-2013, 06:06 PM
If you like oatmeal get some swiss museli, it's oatmeal but with raisins and cranberries and almonds and pumpkin seeds and some other seeds...and put a little honey on it...umm.

As for cheese, herb chevre hands down.

[Image: Hausziege_04.jpg]

16-09-2013, 06:10 PM
(16-09-2013 06:02 PM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 05:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I prefer brown sugar and maple oatmeal. Course I love the flavor of maple. Not a fan of fruit in oatmeal. Cinnamon is good, I am not a huge fan of ginger but may try it. I keep it on hand for pumpkin pie. Drooling

Speaking of pumpkin pie, it's almost that time of year again...love a spicy pumpkin pie...my recipe in particular. Deep dish, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Much more desert-like that way and so good with whipped cream...Thumbsup

The problem is, pumpkin pie spice, is good, but it contains cinnamon, ginger, all spice, cloves and nutmeg.

A lot of cinnamon, too.

You emulate fasting.
Guess I have a different form of hypoglycemia...my son too. We aren't hearing voices.

See a doctor, your problems are way past blood sugar levels.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
(16-09-2013 06:02 PM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  And, I don't consume sugar, at all.

Me too, about 5 years ago when I first got the insulin resistance diagnosis. But I like Splenda better than Equal mainly because you can cook with Splenda but you can't cook with Equal. But to be honest, I don't have much of a sweet tooth at all anymore anyway.

(16-09-2013 06:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, and you can also stir in some egg and fry it up like pancakes.

Brilliant! Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
(16-09-2013 06:02 PM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  

A lot of cinnamon, too.

You emulate fasting.

Cinnamon has a number of potential health benefits. According to the Pennington Biomedical Research Center, cinnamon may help in the treatment of type-2 diabetes because the spice can mimic insulin. Since insulin is the hormone that changes excess sugar into fat, it is reasonable to conclude that cinnamon can help prevent weight gain. Additionally, cinnamon slows down the absorption of carbohydrates in the small intestine, which can helps you feel full longer and decrease appetite.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post