The Final Assault, by Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
16-09-2013, 08:10 PM
RE: The Final Assault, by Mark Dreher
(16-09-2013 07:45 PM)Chas Wrote:  [quote='Mark Dreher' pid='379568' dateline='1379382136']

So, Shekinah is Jewish.

Shekinah, Shechinah, Shechina, or Schechinah (Hebrew: שכינה‎), is the English spelling of a grammatically feminine Hebrew name of God in Judaism. The original word means the dwelling or settling, and denotes the dwelling or settling of the divine presence of God, especially in the Temple in Jerusalem.

"Shekinah", is the traditional Jewish name for God.

Christians, in the past, tended to call her "The Holy Spirit".

Yep.

The Shekinah, however, is not Jewish, at all.

That is a characteristic, applied to a group of people, whom the Shekinah created.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2013 08:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
(16-09-2013 07:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Pretty quick bi-polar flip there Metatron. Impressive.

Pffft ... Girly's seen faster. Hell Girly's run faster. Tongue

(16-09-2013 07:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 07:39 PM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  You should not even allow sugar in your home.
Scientists call it "pure cancer food"
The food, for cancer.
Also, it cause heart disease.
It is the worst substance, ever created.
Besides crack.
Second, only to crack.
Causes cancer, clogs your arteries.
You must use equal.
And only the spoon out bottle, is pure equal.
The little packets, contain about "half sugar".
So it must be in the big jar.

Bullshit new-age pseudo-science. You're deluded.

Mark is over-exaggerating as usual, but he ain't completely off the mark. (Except for the part about Equal vs. Splenda. You can't cook with Equal but you can cook with Splenda. I'm thinking Shekinah is missing out 'cause Mark don't cook. She oughtta come spend some time checking out Girly's culinary skills. Tongue ) You are right that sugar doesn't "cause" cancer or diabetes just like salt don't "cause" hypertension but sugar is contraindicated for cancer and diabetes just as salt is contraindicated for hypertension.

N.B. I'm talking about non-insulin dependent diabetics here. If you're insulin dependent, well you're gonna have to take insulin whether the carbs are sugar or not. Might as well enjoy sweets and dose accordingly.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
16-09-2013, 08:38 PM
Cheese Curds, I love Cheese curds.

I used to love them even more before the Ontario government took the squeak out of them, I'll never forgive them for that. Bastards.

"I am a knowledgeable man, I have knowledge. If I knew how I knew what I know, I would know half as much, because it would be clogged up with where I knew it from...that is why I cannot always cite my sources. - David Mitchell
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
16-09-2013, 09:18 PM
You know what makes mozzarella even better? Breading and deep frying it of course!

[Image: tumblr_mq7wg1qs0g1sw6uino1_400.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
16-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Hey why do people keep trying to derail the cheese thread. I am on my way to tasting some stilton right now. I hope it is as sharp as someone above suggested.
[+] 2 users Like JAH's post
16-09-2013, 09:33 PM
(16-09-2013 09:30 PM)JAH Wrote:  Hey why do people keep trying to derail the cheese thread. I am on my way to tasting some stilton right now. I hope it is as sharp as someone above suggested.

Don't forget Wensleydale and Shropshire!

If, as I'm assuming, you're about to visit your local specialty English cheeses shop.

Those are everywhere, right?

... this is my signature!
16-09-2013, 09:46 PM
(16-09-2013 09:33 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If, as I'm assuming, you're about to visit your local specialty English cheeses shoppe.

Fixed it for ya. Thumbsup

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
16-09-2013, 09:47 PM
SR71;1154302 Wrote:Blackbird

SR71.

Blackbird.

I

Will

Pretend.

To be your equal.

Because

It is Expedient.

Vengeance

From the grave.

Kills

The people.

He once saved.

Now

The time

Is here.

For

IRON MAN

To

Spread

Fear.
16-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Mark, How do I worship you?
16-09-2013, 09:55 PM
(16-09-2013 08:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Mark is over-exaggerating as usual, but he ain't completely off the mark. (Except for the part about Equal vs. Splenda. You can't cook with Equal but you can cook with Splenda. I'm thinking Shekinah is missing out 'cause Mark don't cook. She oughtta come spend some time checking out Girly's culinary skills. Tongue ) You are right that sugar doesn't "cause" cancer or diabetes just like salt don't "cause" hypertension but sugar is contraindicated for cancer and diabetes just as salt is contraindicated for hypertension.

N.B. I'm talking about non-insulin dependent diabetics here. If you're insulin dependent, well you're gonna have to take insulin whether the carbs are sugar or not. Might as well enjoy sweets and dose accordingly.

No no no.

Girly.

Splenda is horrible.

I can smell sugar

From a mile away.

And Splenda

Would put me

In a coma.

That is shit.

For a diabetic.

Or

A hypoglycemic.