The Final Assault, by Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
18-09-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: The Final Assault, by Mark Dreher
Just to make certain: US law currently allows that guy to purchase and own guns?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2013, 01:46 PM
He probably had guns long before his mainspring sprung.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
18-09-2013, 03:21 PM
(18-09-2013 01:37 PM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  Just to make certain: US law currently allows that guy to purchase and own guns?

Probably, unless he's been convicted of a violent crime. State laws matter more than federal when it comes to guns.
In Minnesota, handguns require a purchase permit, which is trivial to get in most cases.

Shotguns and rifles require no permit to purchase.

There is no license required to own a gun, and no requirement to register ownership with the state.

If one happens to be prohibited from owning a gun due to conviction of violent crime or commitment to a mental institution, it's very simple to illegally purchase most guns, and almost impossible to charge someone with the crime until they use the gun in another crime.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
18-09-2013, 03:45 PM
(18-09-2013 02:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 01:51 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I'm a general physician, so have many years experience dealing with mental illness. I've had 6 months formal training in psychiatry. I suggest it's pointless trying to reason/argue with someone as unwell as our Mark. Let's hope for his sake he gets some help soon.

Cool, was the 6 months part of your medical training as standard or was it an optional thing?

*I'm just trying to hijack and make this thread something interesting

I did a total of six months as standard part of medical training. You work on a psychiatric ward during the day and then study at night. I got to see a lot of overtly psychotic people then. As a general practitioner you don't see a lot of severe psychosis, but you do of course if you work in accident and emergency which I did on and off for a few years.

As a general physician I see an absolute bucketload of anxiety and depression (which is not the problem here). I try to have a very biochemical and holistic approach to these illnesses. I treat many people for zinc, magnesium, vit D and omega 3 deficiency. I also don't hesitate to use medications when necessary.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2013, 04:15 PM
(18-09-2013 08:16 AM)I Am Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 12:20 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  For anyone interested in the psychiatry, Mark's thoughts are becoming more deranged and disinhibited. Check out his latest post in his old thread for more evidence of this

As he becomes more unwell, he's also starting to become aggressive. This ain't good for him, or for those who have to deal with him.

I'll hazard a guess that he'll soon disappear from the forum when whoever looks after him realises how unwell he is, or he does something really stupid in real life, and ends up in hospital as a consequence. We won't hear from him for at least a month while he's admitted to hospital. Let's hope, for his sake, that that's what happens, and the sooner the better.

I've wondered if there's not some chemical use going on. Heavy amphetamine use could elicit the mood swings, the manic activity (at least, his posting volume here seems manic), and the break in activity also... a recovery period. I'm no doctor, so maybe I'm talking out my ass, but the cycle seems a little like what my nephew went goes through.

It's very likely there's chemical use happening here. I doubt it's amphetamines though. He's not in the right age group. Amphetamine users are usually too busy looking for the next drug than to sit around on Internet forums. Mark is here to massage his own ego and to give himself some sense of purpose, unlikely characteristics of someone abusing amphetamines. It's far more likely he's abusing marijuana + or - alcohol.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-09-2013, 06:08 PM
(18-09-2013 04:15 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 08:16 AM)I Am Wrote:  I've wondered if there's not some chemical use going on. Heavy amphetamine use could elicit the mood swings, the manic activity (at least, his posting volume here seems manic), and the break in activity also... a recovery period. I'm no doctor, so maybe I'm talking out my ass, but the cycle seems a little like what my nephew went goes through.

It's very likely there's chemical use happening here. I doubt it's amphetamines though. He's not in the right age group. Amphetamine users are usually too busy looking for the next drug than to sit around on Internet forums. Mark is here to massage his own ego and to give himself some sense of purpose, unlikely characteristics of someone abusing amphetamines. It's far more likely he's abusing marijuana + or - alcohol.

If it's marijuana would it be best he stay on it before going to see a doctor, if he does?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
18-09-2013, 06:46 PM
QUOTE=thedoc;1155093]
Dingfod;1155082 Wrote:
Mark Dreher;1154917 Wrote:People Always want To know. How fast I go? I tell them 200. A Trans Am She Will go 200.
You've already admitted that you don't know that, you were only told that. Do you believe everything you hear? If so, I have a bunch of shares in a nice troll bridge I can part with for a very small sum. In fact, I would take a TransAm in trade.

You would still be getting the short end of that deal.[/QUOTE]

God.

If she is God.

Would talk to the kiddies.

Now

What

Do you want?

Must you bother me?
18-09-2013, 06:56 PM
(18-09-2013 06:46 PM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  QUOTE=thedoc;1155093]
Dingfod;1155082 Wrote:You've already admitted that you don't know that, you were only told that. Do you believe everything you hear? If so, I have a bunch of shares in a nice troll bridge I can part with for a very small sum. In fact, I would take a TransAm in trade.

You would still be getting the short end of that deal.

God.

If she is God.

Now

What

Do you want?

Must you bother me?
[/quote]

thedoc;1154960 Wrote:
Mark Dreher;1154917 Wrote:People Always want To know. How fast I go? I tell them 200.
A Trans Am She Will go 200.

You said you chickened out at 140, or was that a lie as well? I should say you thought it was 140, probably more like 95 with a vivid imagination.

Your Trans-Am would bust a gasket getting to 150, - down hill, - with a tail wind.

It depends.

A cracker.

Eats crackers.

And I

Observe.

I look.

To see

What you are eating.

Have you no shame?
18-09-2013, 07:00 PM
(18-09-2013 06:46 PM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  QUOTE=thedoc;1155093]
Dingfod;1155082 Wrote:You've already admitted that you don't know that, you were only told that. Do you believe everything you hear? If so, I have a bunch of shares in a nice troll bridge I can part with for a very small sum. In fact, I would take a TransAm in trade.

You would still be getting the short end of that deal.

God.

If she is God.

Now

What

Do you want?

Must you bother me?
[/quote]

Undecided Undecided Undecided
What you bet this isn't the final post of the Final Assault thread Dodgy

18-09-2013, 07:16 PM
(18-09-2013 01:37 PM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  Just to make certain: US law currently allows that guy to purchase and own guns?

ShottleBop;1154951 Wrote:
Mark Dreher;1154635 Wrote:. . .

Mark my words my dear.

Or ignore them.

(I would mark them.)

Careful you don't short out your computer when you do.

A computer

And me.

Is the last thing

You will see.

[Image: 197706-mussolini-hanging-from-a-lamppost...d-othe.jpg]