The Final Assault, by Mark Dreher

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
16-09-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: The Final Assault, by Mark Dreher
(16-09-2013 10:25 AM)Mark Dreher Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 10:12 AM)cjlr Wrote:  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, Mark. Must've taken you a while to churn out that endless fetid spume of a stream of consciousness.

No no.

That was done by a thing called a "Blitzkrieg".

I sit.

God sits in my lap.

And she starts talking.

And I start typing.

Fast.

Faster, than you can imagine.

And the poems

Start ripping.

284 poems.

In about 36 hours.

On Friday, the 13th.

Satan

Went down

In a Blitzkrieg.

umm, all you did was cut and paste a bunch of stuff from here. Given the lack of organization, consistency or even truthfulness, I'd say fetid spume is quite accurate.

Anyway back to the original topic, this is one of my favorites:
[Image: Huntsman_cheese.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Ya know...I really haven't tried many fancy cheeses. I need to expand my horizons. I like milder types for the most part. Any suggestions?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
16-09-2013, 12:11 PM
I am far from a cheese gourmet but have come to like pepper jack cheese during my time here in TX, in fact it's about the only way I consume peppers. I have always liked Monterrey Jack cheese. I like a good pepper Jack on a burger.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
16-09-2013, 12:12 PM
(16-09-2013 12:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ya know...I really haven't tried many fancy cheeses. I need to expand my horizons. I like milder types for the most part. Any suggestions?

Whaaaa????

I thought you of all people would be a cheese foodie. You've got some work to do!
16-09-2013, 12:14 PM
(16-09-2013 12:06 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Ya know...I really haven't tried many fancy cheeses. I need to expand my horizons. I like milder types for the most part. Any suggestions?

A widely available mild cheese is Munster. Pleasant, mild taste, tastes kind of buttery. Is softish, melts nicely over any hot food, just throw a slice or two on top. Also great on sandwiches and just by itself. I would start with that one.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
16-09-2013, 12:16 PM

Spanish Mahon cheese is made from cow's milk and has a mild flavor that can become deeper as it ages. It's fairly cheap and found in most shops that carry even a slim variety. Thumbsup

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-09-2013, 12:22 PM

Gruyere is quite nice. It has a light, nutty flavor and a pleasantly toothy texture.

[Image: 320px-Gruy%C3%A8re.jpg]

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
16-09-2013, 12:24 PM
I like gruyere as well but I struggle with the description "toothy texture". What does that mean?
16-09-2013, 12:27 PM
(16-09-2013 12:24 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I like gruyere as well but I struggle with the description "toothy texture". What does that mean?

Well, not much maybe. To me it means that it makes me want to keep chewing. The graininess of it is interesting to my mouth, and I keep nibbling at it for the feeling of doing so.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
16-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Ok, that description actually totally worked for me. Now I am definitely trying gruyer.

So many cats, so few good recipes.