The Fine Tuning Argument for the existence of God.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2012, 03:00 AM
RE: The Fine Tuning Argument for the existence of God.
Krauss is good at explaining things and makes some good points. But so do many other physicists. The biggest problem I see right now at the major speeches and conventions with them is that not all of them are on the same page. To the best I can ascertain from their interactions with each other is they all agree with the idea of the big bang, for the most part agree on the physics, but can't agree on the theoretical physics which got it there.

You have people who are looking into things like M theory who are saying - Hey we're making progress! Then you've got people like deGrasse who say they haven't really checked because they've been saying that for 20+ years now. Then you have people like Janna Lavin who are interested in the cosmology/astronomy side (things like black holes, state of the universe, etc) who seem very interested in analyzing that portion and then you've got the other side such as Jim Gates who seem to suggest we're in a giant simulator of some sort.

If you get them in the same room together they seem to agree on a lot of things but all sort of have a slight clash of ideas and often agree to disagree.

So there's a lot of ideas on things right now. We are making progress I believe. But we've got a ways to go.

That said I think the finely tuned argument is indeed a god of the gaps type of argument because you're trying to attribute the complexity of something to a creator because you're unable to explain the ultimate origin and therefore attribute that complexity to being something we can't comprehend, nor yet explain fully, therefore god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
06-04-2012, 07:20 AM
I wonder what conditions we would have to be in for no one to claim there was god involved.

I reckon what would happen is that if we did have conditions in which life could form on many planets people would still say its god. It's like they're trying to win in every scenario.

I have another question. Let's just say its been fine tuned... what makes that god personal and judgemental? I usually see that asserted without anything to make it so.

Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

Enlightenment is liberating.
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
(06-04-2012 02:41 AM)Egor Wrote:  Waste your time reading Lawernce Krauss's book. I did. The nothing he describes is not actually "nothing." It's kind of like chaos theory where the chaos isn't true chaos. But by all means draw your own conclusions.
Don't waste your time with science, if you want to know the Truth, all you need to do is pick up the Good Book.
The universe is somewhere between 5,00 to 10,000 years old, humans man roamed with the dinosoars and nobody ever got sick or died until man committed original sin. God pretty much killed all of man and all the animals and all the plants, except some of them, because they were all evil. God set she bears onto children because they were evil. God is loving Love.
Oh happy joy, Egor is going to heaven, who wants to join him for all eternity?
06-04-2012, 04:47 PM
That nothing is not really nothing is the main point of the book, and it discredits the foolish idea of a 'creator'. It might seem like a complicated idea, but it's actually quite simple.

edit: This goes to Egor, I'm too lazy to look for the post to reply to. And I honestly don't care that much.

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like le_procyon's post
06-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Im sure the water would say "This pot hole was designed to fit me perfectly".

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like reverendjeremiah's post