The Force Awakens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2015, 09:09 PM
The Force Awakens

I am reserving judgement until I see the film. Remember this looked good when chopped up in a trailer...

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-10-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: The Force Awakens
I'm so scared it will be another Ep1 fiasco.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
19-10-2015, 11:55 PM
(19-10-2015 10:30 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I'm so scared it will be another Ep1 fiasco.

I mis-read. I understood "Epic fiasco." lol

I'm a happy little vegemite. Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Annette's post
20-10-2015, 12:02 AM
Well, the screen play hopefully isn't just a first draft turned in on a yellow legal pad, with cinematography consisting entirely of lazy shot-reverse shot dialogue exposition and 99% being on a green screen.

But they instead got the guy who's been fucking up Star Trek with his mystery-box and lens flare bullshit.

To say I am tepid about this would be an understatement.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-10-2015, 12:24 AM
I still like Ep1 over 2/3 so whatever. I'm not even watching that trailer yet I'm sure my eyes wont be able to avoid it with all the talk aboot it.

If it has characters that are legitimately well made like Qui Gon or cool Maul then it may hold it's weight, I don't know if it can be classic level exciting.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-10-2015, 12:35 AM
I didn't know episode 1 wasn't well received. Interesting!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
20-10-2015, 12:35 AM
(20-10-2015 12:24 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I still like Ep1 over 2/3 so whatever. I'm not even watching that trailer yet I'm sure my eyes wont be able to avoid it with all the talk aboot it.

If it has characters that are legitimately well made like Qui Gon or cool Maul then it may hold it's weight, I don't know if it can be classic level exciting.

Qui Gon was an entirely superfluous character. He was basically a roving drunk who made the dumbest possible decision at every moment. When he got skewered by Maul at the end because Obi Won conveniently forgot how to run super fast (like how they both did to escape the destroyer droids at the start of the movie), I didn't even care.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-10-2015, 12:51 AM
(20-10-2015 12:35 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 12:24 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I still like Ep1 over 2/3 so whatever. I'm not even watching that trailer yet I'm sure my eyes wont be able to avoid it with all the talk aboot it.

Qui Gon was an entirely superfluous character. He was basically a roving drunk who made the dumbest possible decision at every moment. When he got skewered by Maul at the end because Obi Won conveniently forgot how to run super fast (like how they both did to escape the destroyer droids at the start of the movie), I didn't even care.

The roaming Hippie zen drunk who realized the truth that some idealized position is faulty and realized how to transcend life ignoring the idiotic dogma of the Jedi, sure. He found and trusted the destroyer of the Sith as well, he was wiser than any of the other Jedi or Sith leaders.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
20-10-2015, 01:07 AM
It looks good! Harrison Ford is in it? Now that is Star Wars. Those last three were disgustingly bad.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-10-2015, 01:24 AM
I have stopped caring about that franchisee after episode 1, 2 and 3. I don't even like the original three episode anymore. Fuck Jarjar right in the ear. Fuck emo Anakin right in his stupid face.
Baaah!!! I'm still mad. I still care. They fucked it all up. Assholes, all of them.
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post