The Force Awakens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2015, 04:25 PM
RE: The Force Awakens
Meh. I'll see how i feel about this after the next two come out. I would have liked to see more of Poe Dameron.

I felt it was to close to a new hope. And more of a nit pick that anything was how things were figured out way to quickly. For example when Rey jumped in the Millennium Falcon and knew how to fly it right off the bat. Yeah we can say "she's strong with the Force" but it feel that was just a mulligan moment. How did she know she could manipulate peoples mind with the force? Luke saw it used by Obi Wan. If she's able to just jump right into this new ability why do they need all the training a classes. Even when Kylo Ren is still figuring out his abilities. And he's gotten training from a "Sith lord"?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-12-2015, 04:45 PM
(24-12-2015 04:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Meh. I'll see how i feel about this after the next two come out. I would have liked to see more of Poe Dameron.

I felt it was to close to a new hope. And more of a nit pick that anything was how things were figured out way to quickly. For example when Rey jumped in the Millennium Falcon and knew how to fly it right off the bat. Yeah we can say "she's strong with the Force" but it feel that was just a mulligan moment. How did she know she could manipulate peoples mind with the force? Luke saw it used by Obi Wan. If she's able to just jump right into this new ability why do they need all the training a classes. Even when Kylo Ren is still figuring out his abilities. And he's gotten training from a "Sith lord"?

That's the thing Kylo Ren has only had minimal training. He betrayed Luke and then (Smoake Smaugh Smook???) never furthered his training. He is all bluster no substance. His entire persona from the beginning of the film is him Peacocking. Rey grew up hearing the legends of the rebellion and thought they were fairy tales now she meets Han Fucking Solo and he tells her "It's true all of it" so of course she is gonna try the Mind Trick now that she realises she has the force. Last line that Andy Serkis said was "Bring Kylo Ren to me it is time to finish his training"

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
24-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Oh and if anyone wants a good laugh this is the Emo Kylo Ren twitter account. It is funny as fuck.

[Image: 0321a8307e5be5ddbb23cd843a5639a1.png]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
24-12-2015, 05:00 PM
(24-12-2015 04:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 04:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Meh. I'll see how i feel about this after the next two come out. I would have liked to see more of Poe Dameron.

That's the thing Kylo Ren has only had minimal training. He betrayed Luke and then (Smoake Smaugh Smook???) never furthered his training. He is all bluster no substance. His entire persona from the beginning of the film is him Peacocking. Rey grew up hearing the legends of the rebellion and thought they were fairy tales now she meets Han Fucking Solo and he tells her "It's true all of it" so of course she is gonna try the Mind Trick now that she realises she has the force. Last line that Andy Serkis said was "Bring Kylo Ren to me it is time to finish his training"

I liked that about Kylo Ren. Even his Light saber looks a little clunky showing his inexperience in the area. His daddy issues, and child like reactions are almost humorous. It wasn't until his confrontation with Han that I really thought he was beyond saving.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
24-12-2015, 05:32 PM
(24-12-2015 04:45 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Wrong.

Minimal doesn't even begin to describe what he can do. He has had to have above MINIMAL training to do half the shit he can. And who says Snoke* didn't continue his training? All we know is that he NEVER FINISHED his training, not how far or how little he got into it. I was under the impression that Jedi Mindtrick was at the very least, a semi-complicated move. All in all, I would say that Rey was a Mary-Sue, nearly perfect at everything. Meh. And also, Kylo Ren shouldn't have lost in a battle with Rey, thats some bullshit. Even if he had minimal training, she shouldn't have been over-powering him. He was playing with Fin (that was obvious), but he was out to fuck up Rey's world, which he should have done easily. Also, The point in time Rey started winning was when she heard the word "Force" I mean come on... That's some bullshit. Either the force is everything, and skill means nothing, or Rey should have at least come out injured as shit.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
24-12-2015, 06:29 PM
If I get in on this conversation, does that mean I am then part of The big bang theory cast?

If so, where's my damned cheque???

I have a feeling that girl is Luke's daughter.

Mmmmm, residuals. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
24-12-2015, 08:47 PM
(22-12-2015 05:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-12-2015 09:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You should watch the Clone Wars and Rebels Animated T.V Series, both canon and very fun, lots of lightsabers, especially from General Krell

[Image: Krell.jpg]

The prequels were over saturated with light sabers. So much so that the fucking toddlers had them.

Light sabers, much like special effects, were cheapened by over saturation. When every scene is green-screened, the special effects cease to be special. When the fucking toddlers have light-sabers, they cease to be special.

Episode VII makes them feel sufficiently special again, which was a nice plus.

Ummm, the reason they are so special in VII is because jedi do not exist anymore. The reason there were so many in the prequels is because that's when the jedi existed and where in great numbers, why would there be little jedi weapons if there are many jedi?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
24-12-2015, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2015 12:54 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(24-12-2015 08:47 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-12-2015 05:48 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  The prequels were over saturated with light sabers. So much so that the fucking toddlers had them.

Light sabers, much like special effects, were cheapened by over saturation. When every scene is green-screened, the special effects cease to be special. When the fucking toddlers have light-sabers, they cease to be special.

Episode VII makes them feel sufficiently special again, which was a nice plus.

Ummm, the reason they are so special in VII is because jedi do not exist anymore. The reason there were so many in the prequels is because that's when the jedi existed and where in great numbers, why would there be little jedi weapons if there are many jedi?

The lightsaber is a symbol, that represents among many things both the power of the Jedi, and the restraint to not use it. It is a tool, not a weapon. It is constructed individually by each padawan during their training, so that each is a unique piece of hardware that says as much abut it's creator. It's very completion symbolizes internalization of the Jedi code, and usually comes near the end of their initial training and their acceptance as a full member of the order.

All of that is undermined by a room full of toddlers wielding manufactured training sabers; much like how everything Yoda said in Empire was undermined by him taking out a lightsaber in Clones and Revenge.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
26-12-2015, 11:34 PM
Just saw it, I enjoyed it.

And for fucks sake it's not the studio's fault if your expectations were too high. It's just a movie. It doesn't have to make perfect sense.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
27-12-2015, 11:03 AM
[Image: giphy.gif]

[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post