The Force Awakens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2015, 01:47 PM (This post was last modified: 27-12-2015 02:08 PM by Stevil.)
RE: The Force Awakens
(21-12-2015 12:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
Kylo Ren is what Annakin should have been, an immature brat throwing a temper tantrum, this character out of the three is the one I really want to get to know more of.
Generally the Sith are much more interesting than the Jedi. Sith are more like real humans, but with a philosophy of the strong shall rule the weak, and that it is their duty to try to become strong. Break their chains and become free.
The Jedi are like self-righteous Monks, boring as fuck.

Finn, This guy, this guy, this is the kind of character I was looking for in a Star Wars film. He is funny and enthusiastic
I wasn't so keen on some aspects of Finn. He was certainly a typical American style side-kick. That aspect of him cheapened the move quite a lot. He had his strengths, and I was glad he was in the movie but the side-kick humor should have been left out. It was OTT and too typical American style formula.

(22-12-2015 12:07 PM)Naridar Wrote:  
The characters felt more like people and less like bare archetypes like in the original. Kylo Ren's immaturity really added to the character, and the scene where he thrashes the computer console with his lightsaber only highlights the difference between him and the Darth Vader he tries to emulate.
DV was weak, I don't know why anyone would want to emulate him.
Emperor Palpatine was much stronger, but I get from a movie perspective he wasn't covered with symbolosim i.e. the mask, the breathing, the black.

it's blatantly easy to realize Han Solo is supposed to stand for Obi-Wan - which takes some strength out of the gut punch that his death is supposed to be.
The weakest aspect of this movie.
I really hate it when a character is obviously meant to meet their end. Same thing as Obi wan and same as Ramirez from Highlander II.
It was out of character for Hans to put himself into harms way (even if Leia convinced him to attempt to turn his son). He wouldn't have done it in this way. He would have tried to warm his son up first. This was too quick, was destined to fail and was uncharacteristic of Hans.

The other great weakness was how quick Rey learnt the force and was able to fight against the Sith. The force allows the Sith to be superhuman quick, to anticipate moves and they are trained with a lightsaber. Rey had never held a lightsaber before, she didn't know how to use the force. There was no way she was able to fight competitively against a sith.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
27-12-2015, 06:52 PM
The movie already gross over 1 billion. I think it will reach 2 billion.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
27-12-2015, 06:58 PM
(26-12-2015 11:34 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Just saw it, I enjoyed it.

And for fucks sake it's not the studio's fault if your expectations were too high. It's just a movie. It doesn't have to make perfect sense.

I agree. People should stop whinning and enjoy the fucking movie. The force awakens is the new GOOD Star Wars movie since the Return of the Jedi. GeezRolleyes

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
27-12-2015, 07:32 PM
(27-12-2015 01:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
Kylo Ren is what Annakin should have been, an immature brat throwing a temper tantrum, this character out of the three is the one I really want to get to know more of.
Generally the Sith are much more interesting than the Jedi. Sith are more like real humans, but with a philosophy of the strong shall rule the weak, and that it is their duty to try to become strong. Break their chains and become free.

Finn, This guy, this guy, this is the kind of character I was looking for in a Star Wars film. He is funny and enthusiastic
I wasn't so keen on some aspects of Finn. He was certainly a typical American style side-kick. That aspect of him cheapened the move quite a lot. He had his strengths, and I was glad he was in the movie but the side-kick humor should have been left out. It was OTT and too typical American style formula.

The characters felt more like people and less like bare archetypes like in the original. Kylo Ren's immaturity really added to the character, and the scene where he thrashes the computer console with his lightsaber only highlights the difference between him and the Darth Vader he tries to emulate.
Emperor Palpatine was much stronger, but I get from a movie perspective he wasn't covered with symbolosim i.e. the mask, the breathing, the black.

it's blatantly easy to realize Han Solo is supposed to stand for Obi-Wan - which takes some strength out of the gut punch that his death is supposed to be.
I really hate it when a character is obviously meant to meet their end. Same thing as Obi wan and same as Ramirez from Highlander II.
It was out of character for Hans to put himself into harms way (even if Leia convinced him to attempt to turn his son). He wouldn't have done it in this way. He would have tried to warm his son up first. This was too quick, was destined to fail and was uncharacteristic of Hans.

The other great weakness was how quick Rey learnt the force and was able to fight against the Sith. The force allows the Sith to be superhuman quick, to anticipate moves and they are trained with a lightsaber. Rey had never held a lightsaber before, she didn't know how to use the force. There was no way she was able to fight competitively against a sith.

I think you might spend too much time thinking about all this. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
27-12-2015, 07:41 PM
(27-12-2015 07:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I think you might spend too much time thinking about all this. Big Grin
I can't just turn my brain off, it doesn't have an off switch. Just watched it last night, so had lots of thoughts about it.

On the whole I liked the movie, thought it was terrific.
27-12-2015, 07:41 PM
(27-12-2015 07:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 01:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Generally the Sith are much more interesting than the Jedi. Sith are more like real humans, but with a philosophy of the strong shall rule the weak, and that it is their duty to try to become strong. Break their chains and become free.

I think you might spend too much time thinking about all this. Big Grin

How is that possible? It's Star Wars.
27-12-2015, 07:46 PM
(27-12-2015 07:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 07:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I think you might spend too much time thinking about all this. Big Grin

How is that possible? It's Star Wars.

Life's too short. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
27-12-2015, 08:19 PM
(27-12-2015 07:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 07:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  How is that possible? It's Star Wars.

Life's too short. Wink

Life's too short not to be passionate about what you love.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
27-12-2015, 08:23 PM
(27-12-2015 08:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 07:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Life's too short. Wink

Life's too short not to be passionate about what you love.

Star wars is fine. I saw it at the cinema in 1977. But it's just a movie. And a pretty simple storyline at that.

Go read The three Musketeers. Now that is an action story and far superior to any film made of it. One of the best rollicking adventures I ever read.

Still, it was just a story. Wink

Banjo.
27-12-2015, 08:53 PM
(27-12-2015 08:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 08:19 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Life's too short not to be passionate about what you love.

Star wars is fine. I saw it at the cinema in 1977. But it's just a movie. And a pretty simple storyline at that.

Go read The three Musketeers. Now that is an action story and far superior to any film made of it. One of the best rollicking adventures I ever read.

Still, it was just a story. Wink

There is more story behind Star Wars than just what are in the movies.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post