Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
28-12-2015, 01:14 PM
RE: The Force Awakens
(27-12-2015 09:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-12-2015 09:12 PM)Aliza Wrote:  .... men and women. Angry

Angel English needs a non-gendered pronoun.
People/person are useful nouns Tongue

Pronouns: I, me, he, she, herself, you, it, that, they, each, few, many, who, whoever, whose, someone, everybody

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
28-12-2015, 11:53 PM
The Force Awakens
As for the Rey vs Ren fight:
One of the theories is that Rey was one of the kids that Luke was training. So she actually had some Jedi training like Ben did. The theories differ as to who erased Rey's memory. Some say Luke did (some say Obi-Wan had a daughter with whom Luke had Rey) or Ben did since he felt a sibling relationship with Rey. Since Ren seems to have focused lots more on the mind powers of the Force, that would make sense that he did it.

When he heard a girl escaped with them, he stopped and asked, "What girl?" Some say it's because he realized it was Rey.

As for why he killed Han, he was hoping it would somehow end his trouble
But like his lightsaber, he's unstable.

Damn. Even though I'm not the biggest SW fan, I'm still a geek.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
29-12-2015, 09:36 AM
(28-12-2015 10:34 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-12-2015 10:28 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: CXSbs__UAAAwYWj.jpg]

There ARE seven. I liked the prequels just fine.

... Okay, so maybe I could do without Jar Jar Binks, but he didn't bother me to the extent that he bothered everyone else.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
29-12-2015, 10:00 AM
I don't know how to make the fancy spoiler button, so I'll just put it in big letters
Spolier Alert

All in all, I really liked the movie and saw it three times in three different formats (Standard, RealD 3D, and Imax 3D). The only format worth the money was the Standard (the 3D effect can enhance some movies, but added nothing to Ep. 7. Just a $$$ thing).

The only things that really bug me are:
1) Phasma didn't do shit besides look weak. I can forgive this given that there are two more movies for her to do something useful

2) It bugged me that Rey knew how to use the Jedi mind trick, this has been hypothesized to be because she has received some Jedi training but had her mind wiped. I can accept that I guess, but can we please stop with the galactic in-breeding? Meaning, please for the love of Yoda, don't make her be related to the Skywalkers.

3) Fin is the only Stormtrooper who can hit anything with his blaster, but he is so unfit for battle that he leaves. The Stormtroopers literally lose their best soldier. Maybe it really is the helmet?

4) They destroyed the Senate that quick with such an anticlimactic sequence? Seriously? We needed to see at least something to do with the Senate other than it being blown to bits.

5) WTF are the Resistance? Because they aren't the Rebels and they work with/for the Republic. Who the hell are they resisting against? Are they just the Senate's Special Forces being led by Leia?

6) Why even mention "the Knights of Ren" when you clearly don't have the time to do anything with it in the movie? Save some things for the next one, not everything need be spoiled in the first movie.

7) Another Deathstar? On the one hand, I can accept it because of one theory about Abrams using it as a story-telling device that allows him to completely retell the original saga in a new way with new characters for new fans that then allows him to explore new storylines he would have been unable to do otherwise (he nor anyone else could have made the parallels without intending to). I can also accept it because it appears to be what the Empire does (Deathstar 1, Deathstar 2, MegaUltraSuperDeathstar). But still, another Deathstar?

I'll ignore any scientific inaccuracies because it is a fantasy film (stars aren't just balls of energy to be absorbed) and that isn't the point of them. As for plot holes, I haven't explicitly looked for any on the web because I don't really want to know.

Right now, I give it a 8/10 because it was fun as hell and I liked some of the subtle details, but it had some flaws. It is the 4th best movie in the series (all three originals rank ahead of it for me).

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-12-2015, 10:17 AM
I'm having mixed feelings about this movie. I would like to see it, but all the hype and over-excitement is beginning to turn me off. My friend who goes to movies with me wants to make a marathon out of it -- watch the original three movies on DVD, back to back, and then go to the theater to see the new one. I really don't feel like investing that much time in it. I enjoyed the original movies, but I don't feel any need to see them again, and I can really only handle one movie at a time. After watching four in a row (especially when I've already seen three of them), I'm going to be bored out of my skull, tired, and wanting to never watch a movie again. And there goes a whole day of my weekend that could have been better spent doing other things. I really don't want to do this, but I don't want to hurt his feelings either.

One of these days, I need to grow a spine and learn how to say no.

As a comparison, Wagner's Ring cycle of operas absolutely blows the Star Wars saga away, as a work of art. But I would never even consider watching all four operas back to back. That sort of thing is not for me. Watch one movie (or opera), then go do something else (or go to bed).

Maybe I should have put this in the ranting thread.
29-12-2015, 01:05 PM
The Force Awakens
I'm thinking they might be hinting that Luke and Rey are related. She did pit on the X-Wing helmet, just as Luke. I agree the Skywalker lineage is old. Maybe she will be Kenobi blood.

But... What other X-Wing pilot do we know? Maybe she and Poe are related. I know it would be a Luke & Leia 2.0, but that might explain why he's the best pilot. Just as young Anakin was the best pod racer because he inadvertently used the Force.

Just a quick thought.
29-12-2015, 01:21 PM
(29-12-2015 01:05 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
I'm thinking they might be hinting that Luke and Rey are related. She did pit on the X-Wing helmet, just as Luke. I agree the Skywalker lineage is old. Maybe she will be Kenobi blood.

But... What other X-Wing pilot do we know? Maybe she and Poe are related. I know it would be a Luke & Leia 2.0, but that might explain why he's the best pilot. Just as young Anakin was the best pod racer because he inadvertently used the Force.

Just a quick thought.

Previous Star Wars lore dictated that twins had names with the same first letter. Luke and Leia, Jaina and Jacen. Now that they've thrown out the EU and naming conventions established there, who knows what they'll do?
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
29-12-2015, 01:37 PM
No criticism of the movie, because it was exactly what I hoped for...great entertainment with great effects and great characters! Yes

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Spoiler Alert..........

A bunch of stuff got blown up, bad guy died heros won.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post