The Force Awakens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-01-2016, 11:24 AM
RE: The Force Awakens
(10-01-2016 11:23 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I couldn't care less, as the Star Wars universe needs more pre-destined heroes (*cough* Anakin Skywalker *cough*) like any of us need additional holes in our collective heads. Rolleyes

That is all Star Wars has ever been. Luke is the biggest Mary Sue ever. Complaining about a predestined hero is kind of silly in this context.

Just because we have them, doesn't mean we need more. Rolleyes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2016, 11:27 AM
(10-01-2016 11:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:03 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  I'm really curious who Rey's parents are and how she ended up on Jakku.

I couldn't care less, as the Star Wars universe needs more pre-destined heroes (*cough* Anakin Skywalker *cough*) like any of us need additional holes in our collective heads. Rolleyes

Really? I mean yeah there's are a ton of parallels between Rey, Anakin, and Luke. I would expect her family to be significant to the story. I don't see how it would make sense for her to be the child of some random people we don't know and somehow ends up very force sensitive. Star wars has always been about family to a certain extent.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
10-01-2016, 11:37 AM
(10-01-2016 11:27 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I couldn't care less, as the Star Wars universe needs more pre-destined heroes (*cough* Anakin Skywalker *cough*) like any of us need additional holes in our collective heads. Rolleyes

Really? I mean yeah there's are a ton of parallels between Rey, Anakin, and Luke. I would expect her family to be significant to the story. I don't see how it would make sense for her to be the child of some random people we don't know and somehow ends up very force sensitive. Star wars has always been about family to a certain extent.

Doesn't make sense? Reality simply doesn't have that many coincidences. Tongue

But seriously, if she end's up being related to the Skywalker clan, it would literally be the dumbest thing ever. They already have Kylo Ren, the grandson of Vader, they don't need any more 'just so' coincidental familial connections with the rest of the cast to make them into special little force sensitive snowflakes.

10-01-2016, 11:54 AM
(10-01-2016 11:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:27 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Really? I mean yeah there's are a ton of parallels between Rey, Anakin, and Luke. I would expect her family to be significant to the story. I don't see how it would make sense for her to be the child of some random people we don't know and somehow ends up very force sensitive. Star wars has always been about family to a certain extent.

Doesn't make sense? Reality simply doesn't have that many coincidences. Tongue

But seriously, if she end's up being related to the Skywalker clan, it would literally be the dumbest thing ever. They already have Kylo Ren, the grandson of Vader, they don't need any more 'just so' coincidental familial connections with the rest of the cast to make them into special little force sensitive snowflakes.

Well if you don't like coincidental family connections...Star wars might not be for you Undecided

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
10-01-2016, 12:02 PM
(10-01-2016 11:54 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:37 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Doesn't make sense? Reality simply doesn't have that many coincidences. Tongue

Well if you don't like coincidental family connections...Star wars might not be for you Undecided

She's already cool, I'm already interested in her, I already want to know what happens to her next, I'm already in, I'm already invested. She can stand on her own, she doesn't need to be someone's hidden offspring to make her any more special, she should be allowed to stand on her own instead of being propped up by her secret heritage.

Han Solo didn't need to be anybody's special child to stand on his own. Neither did Obi-wan Kenobi.

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
10-01-2016, 12:20 PM
(10-01-2016 12:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:54 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Well if you don't like coincidental family connections...Star wars might not be for you Undecided

She's already cool, I'm already interested in her, I already want to know what happens to her next, I'm already in, I'm already invested. She can stand on her own, she doesn't need to be someone's hidden offspring to make her any more special, she should be allowed to stand on her own instead of being propped up by her secret heritage.

Han Solo didn't need to be anybody's special child to stand on his own. Neither did Obi-wan Kenobi.

True. She definitely could stand on her own, I just doubt that's how it'll turn out.

[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
10-01-2016, 01:08 PM
"The Force Awakens" ...
Oh. I heard wrong. I thought it said "The Norse are mistaken".
Never mind.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-01-2016, 01:11 PM
(10-01-2016 12:20 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 12:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  She's already cool, I'm already interested in her, I already want to know what happens to her next, I'm already in, I'm already invested. She can stand on her own, she doesn't need to be someone's hidden offspring to make her any more special, she should be allowed to stand on her own instead of being propped up by her secret heritage.

True. She definitely could stand on her own, I just doubt that's how it'll turn out.

I do too, and that really bums me out... Undecided

10-01-2016, 05:44 PM
(10-01-2016 12:02 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(10-01-2016 11:54 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Well if you don't like coincidental family connections...Star wars might not be for you Undecided

I have my special crazy fan theory that I wish were true but it won't be. It's what makes her related to Vader & the clan of them all but not in the way that everyone thinks.

Basically because everyone says Daisy Ridley looks like Keria Knightly, well... Keria was a particular character relevant to some details in Episode 1. She was the impostor queen of Padame. My grand ole theory is she maybe returned a decade later once as the impostor one time that Anakin wasn't aware of Wink

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
10-01-2016, 06:21 PM
If so, wouldn't Rey be closer to Luke's generation in age?