The Force Awakens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2015, 03:13 PM
RE: The Force Awakens
(20-10-2015 11:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They had to explain why luke and leia were separated at the birth and why vadar was a little surprised he had a son.

Not to split hairs Moms, but Vader didn't know about his daughter until the last fight scene in Ep 6 when they were under the platform and Vader was getting into Luke's head. He knew about Luke at least since Ep 5 when the Emperor said that "the son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi" and Vader then said that if he could be turned he could be an ally which is when the Emperor tells Vader to bring Luke before him which sets up the whole scene on the new Death Star in Ep 7.

I hope that this will do the first 3 justice (by first 3, I mean the original 3, not the other 3). My hopes got a little higher when Disney supposedly is going to re-re-release the original movies as they originally were, before Lucas "improved" them. Han fucking shot first!!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
20-10-2015, 04:29 PM
(20-10-2015 10:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There is a good story under all the shit in the prequels, about 2 movies worth. You could cut Ep 1 down to 20 minutes (Nothing of any importance happened in that film) and could edit Ep 2 down a bit as well. Personally I think it would have been much more interesting if Anakin and Obi-wan were not Master-Student but rival students. Luke and Leia's Mother does not need to be a major plot point across all 3 films and in fact would have been more relatable had she been just a regular person rescued by a dashing Anakin from either slavery or some horrible fate. Anakin's turn comes when it is Obi-Wan not him that is made a Master thus giving a throwback to the line from the original.

Also Palpatine never draws a lightsaber, ever. He was such a master manipulator that he overthrew the jedi without ever once directly engaging them. He needs more sycophants and we need to see him actually using the dark side to influence people. The Jedi Mind Trick should be a dark side power not something every Jedi knows and uses. It is compulsion and removes free will that is not a positive thing. Obi-wan uses it in IV because he is out of options and has slid from being a pure Jedi into more of a grey stance do to having to survive in this post Jedi universe. Luke learned it from Obi-wan and since he never had the full training, and never mentioned this to Yoda, never really learned that is was of the dark side. Palpatine on the other hand should be able to use the full version of this power since he is so strong in the dark side, show him corrupting several Senators at a time offering them power and having them mimic back at him.

I think this guy did a good job of making 1 & 2 into good plotlines, and doing a much better job of tying them in with 4-6. I agree that neither Yoda nor Palpatine should have ever pulled a lightsaber, though for different reasons. The video spells out the reason for Yoda and you spelled out the one for Palpatine, which the video also gets into. (I also agree, strongly, about the use of Force Compulsion.)

With all due respect to your version, I think the videos put out a much better relationship with Obi-Wan and Anakin, and points out rightly that their relationship is thin and meaningless in the Lucas versions. The "now I am the Master" line works just fine if Vader was Kenobi's padawan, but since their relationship borders on the hostile already in the Lucas versions, there's almost no following sense of betrayal that I could emotionally connect to, in the final battle in Episode III.

What I liked most in the remake videos was the expansion of the role of Owen Lars into a version that actually makes sense (he goes into quite a bit of detail why Lucas' version of the character is completely illogical), and of Count Dooku into a sympathetic character. I was shocked, as I watched those two videos, at how much more emotionally invested I would have been, had the films followed his outline. I look forward to what he has to say about Ep.III; he says the video is to be released about the time that Ep.VII comes out in theaters.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
20-10-2015, 05:13 PM
(20-10-2015 03:13 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 11:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  They had to explain why luke and leia were separated at the birth and why vadar was a little surprised he had a son.

Not to split hairs Moms, but Vader didn't know about his daughter until the last fight scene in Ep 6 when they were under the platform and Vader was getting into Luke's head. He knew about Luke at least since Ep 5 when the Emperor said that "the son of Skywalker must not become a Jedi" and Vader then said that if he could be turned he could be an ally which is when the Emperor tells Vader to bring Luke before him which sets up the whole scene on the new Death Star in Ep 7.

I hope that this will do the first 3 justice (by first 3, I mean the original 3, not the other 3). My hopes got a little higher when Disney supposedly is going to re-re-release the original movies as they originally were, before Lucas "improved" them. Han fucking shot first!!!

Yes you're right. Smile. I tried to edit my post but the page crashed.

But the point was vader was surprised. It also wasn't surprising that vader did find out, Luke only learned about her.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Not even an ounce of excitement in me for this. Star wars was ruined for me with the "new" films.
20-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Well, in that top trailer...

I didn't see children, or a CGI character getting his lips electrocuted, so...

2 points for Ep.7's trailer! Tongue Now I'm just wondering what the trailer refused to show us! Confused

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
20-10-2015, 05:40 PM
(20-10-2015 04:29 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 10:57 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There is a good story under all the shit in the prequels, about 2 movies worth. You could cut Ep 1 down to 20 minutes (Nothing of any importance happened in that film) and could edit Ep 2 down a bit as well. Personally I think it would have been much more interesting if Anakin and Obi-wan were not Master-Student but rival students. Luke and Leia's Mother does not need to be a major plot point across all 3 films and in fact would have been more relatable had she been just a regular person rescued by a dashing Anakin from either slavery or some horrible fate. Anakin's turn comes when it is Obi-Wan not him that is made a Master thus giving a throwback to the line from the original.

Also Palpatine never draws a lightsaber, ever. He was such a master manipulator that he overthrew the jedi without ever once directly engaging them. He needs more sycophants and we need to see him actually using the dark side to influence people. The Jedi Mind Trick should be a dark side power not something every Jedi knows and uses. It is compulsion and removes free will that is not a positive thing. Obi-wan uses it in IV because he is out of options and has slid from being a pure Jedi into more of a grey stance do to having to survive in this post Jedi universe. Luke learned it from Obi-wan and since he never had the full training, and never mentioned this to Yoda, never really learned that is was of the dark side. Palpatine on the other hand should be able to use the full version of this power since he is so strong in the dark side, show him corrupting several Senators at a time offering them power and having them mimic back at him.

I think this guy did a good job of making 1 & 2 into good plotlines, and doing a much better job of tying them in with 4-6. I agree that neither Yoda nor Palpatine should have ever pulled a lightsaber, though for different reasons. The video spells out the reason for Yoda and you spelled out the one for Palpatine, which the video also gets into. (I also agree, strongly, about the use of Force Compulsion.)

With all due respect to your version, I think the videos put out a much better relationship with Obi-Wan and Anakin, and points out rightly that their relationship is thin and meaningless in the Lucas versions. The "now I am the Master" line works just fine if Vader was Kenobi's padawan, but since their relationship borders on the hostile already in the Lucas versions, there's almost no following sense of betrayal that I could emotionally connect to, in the final battle in Episode III.

What I liked most in the remake videos was the expansion of the role of Owen Lars into a version that actually makes sense (he goes into quite a bit of detail why Lucas' version of the character is completely illogical), and of Count Dooku into a sympathetic character. I was shocked, as I watched those two videos, at how much more emotionally invested I would have been, had the films followed his outline. I look forward to what he has to say about Ep.III; he says the video is to be released about the time that Ep.VII comes out in theaters.

I could have written an entire screenplay for how I would have done it but just hit high points. I agree his version would have been better than what we got but then so would the clone theory.

For those who don't know in Ep IV Old Ben mentions the clone war in passing and there was up until episode 2 no information about it. The theory was that Jedi were being cloned and Obi-wan was a clone designation OB1-Kenobi because changing your name from Obi-wan to Old Ben is not much of a change when you are hiding from Darth Vader and the jedi hunters. However if OB1 was a designation then it makes sense. If you were going to clone someone in the Star Wars universe who would you pick a Dime a dozen Mandalorian Merc or a Space Wizard?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
20-10-2015, 06:12 PM
(20-10-2015 01:24 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I have stopped caring about that franchisee after episode 1, 2 and 3. I don't even like the original three episode anymore. Fuck Jarjar right in the ear. Fuck emo Anakin right in his stupid face.
Baaah!!! I'm still mad. I still care. They fucked it all up. Assholes, all of them.

You tell 'em mate! Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
20-10-2015, 08:14 PM
(20-10-2015 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  For those who don't know in Ep IV Old Ben mentions the clone war in passing and there was up until episode 2 no information about it. The theory was that Jedi were being cloned and Obi-wan was a clone designation OB1-Kenobi because changing your name from Obi-wan to Old Ben is not much of a change when you are hiding from Darth Vader and the jedi hunters. However if OB1 was a designation then it makes sense. If you were going to clone someone in the Star Wars universe who would you pick a Dime a dozen Mandalorian Merc or a Space Wizard?

I like this idea, except for one thing. How would we expect the clones to turn out to be force-sensitive? After all, Midi-Chlorians are not a thing.

They are not! Angry

(Edit to Add: I'm aware of the cloned-Jedi novels, and the fact that it apparently runs in families. I just needed to vent that frustration at Ep1.)

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
21-10-2015, 01:14 AM
(20-10-2015 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  the jedi hunters.

*Inquisitors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is interested I recommend watching the 2008 Clone Wars animated series and Rebels, they are canon and fill in a lot of holes.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-10-2015, 02:14 AM
(21-10-2015 01:14 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(20-10-2015 05:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  the jedi hunters.

*Inquisitors

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone is interested I recommend watching the 2008 Clone Wars animated series and Rebels, they are canon and fill in a lot of holes.

I'm sure there were many many groups of people hunting Jedi, considering the bounty the Empire would have put on them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense