The Force Awakens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2015, 04:12 AM
RE: The Force Awakens
(27-10-2015 02:10 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Jedi's inherently don't make for good viewing. They are emotionless,sanctimonious dullards.

What about evil Jedi?

(27-10-2015 02:10 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Vader was OK.

Vader is badass.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2015, 04:21 AM
(27-10-2015 04:12 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Vader is badass.

Vader is a psychopath.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
27-10-2015, 05:31 AM
(26-10-2015 10:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  When my boys were much younger and they came out with that first episode 1. Taco Bell had Star Wars kid meal toys. All we ever got was fucking jar jar.

My older son would finally ask what the toy was. They showed him the jar jar thing and he said no thanks.

Then there was the time in the drive through he rolled the window down and threw it out of the car. Facepalm

I had to lecture him about littering.

Your kids = awesome. Big Grin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-10-2015, 01:30 PM
(26-10-2015 10:09 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  When my boys were much younger and they came out with that first episode 1. Taco Bell had Star Wars kid meal toys. All we ever got was fucking jar jar.

My older son would finally ask what the toy was. They showed him the jar jar thing and he said no thanks.

Then there was the time in the drive through he rolled the window down and threw it out of the car. Facepalm

I had to lecture him about littering.

I seem to remember an article about warehouses stacked to the ceiling with jarjar toys. Nobody was buying them, not even to blow them up with firecrackers.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
27-10-2015, 03:05 PM
(19-10-2015 09:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

I am reserving judgement until I see the film. Remember this looked good when chopped up in a trailer...

Well at least the trailer isn't this ...

[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
04-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Well, I think I figured out the entire plot for the Star Wars reboot, so read no further if you don't want it ruined:

Rylo Ken is Luke's son, his son turns towards the dark side and he will try to turn him back. The story comes full circle with Luke being in the role of saving his family from the dark side once again.

Looking at the trailers only strengthen this, Rylo Ken has Vader's burnt mask, only Luke and his son would have this artifact. The first trailer has Luke saying the force runs strong in his family. His son has turned and this will be the story of Luke trying to pick up the pieces from the damage he's indirectly done by training his son who became a Sith.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
04-11-2015, 08:47 AM
(04-11-2015 06:23 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Well, I think I figured out the entire plot for the Star Wars reboot, so read no further if you don't want it ruined:

Rylo Ken is Luke's son, his son turns towards the dark side and he will try to turn him back. The story comes full circle with Luke being in the role of saving his family from the dark side once again.

Looking at the trailers only strengthen this, Rylo Ken has Vader's burnt mask, only Luke and his son would have this artifact. The first trailer has Luke saying the force runs strong in his family. His son has turned and this will be the story of Luke trying to pick up the pieces from the damage he's indirectly done by training his son who became a Sith.

BUUUTTTTT a major plot hole in this is that if memory serves me, the Jedi were not allowed to have children once they were Jedi. If that is the case, then Luke violated this. Or perhaps Luke changed the rules to suit his fancy and then claimed to reestablish the will of the force by this new revelation. Wait, is this Star Wars or the bible?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
04-11-2015, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 02:01 PM by TheInquisition.)
(04-11-2015 08:47 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 06:23 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Well, I think I figured out the entire plot for the Star Wars reboot, so read no further if you don't want it ruined:

BUUUTTTTT a major plot hole in this is that if memory serves me, the Jedi were not allowed to have children once they were Jedi. If that is the case, then Luke violated this. Or perhaps Luke changed the rules to suit his fancy and then claimed to reestablish the will of the force by this new revelation. Wait, is this Star Wars or the bible?

After Vader dies, there are no Jedi left except for Luke, so Luke is the last Jedi, so yeah he can re-establish whatever rules he wants, there's no other Jedi to raise an objection.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
27-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Are the Jedi Evil?

Yes, yes they are.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-11-2015, 01:21 PM
(27-11-2015 12:39 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
Are the Jedi Evil?

Yes, yes they are.

The Old Jedi Order was a pile of crap that had to be destroyed.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post