The Force Awakens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2015, 12:32 PM
RE: The Force Awakens
My friend saw it, she said it was amazing but her official Disney review won't be until it's released. Also she's paid by Disney, soooo....

That being said, I've been giving this a lot of thought...

I was never a big Star Wars fan. Shocking I know. I first saw the movie months after the hype was over. While it is responsible for getting me into classical music (I liked the soundtrack so much, I bought the album), I thought the story was simple...but it was supposed to be.

Still whenever anyone said, "may the force be with you" the indoctrinated Catholic always wanted reply, "and also with you." The idea of the force felt like religion and at first I found that comforting and later on rewatching them all, I resented it.

I saw Empire Strikes Back at the Kabuki Theater in San Francisco. Very cool old theater. My memories aren't about the movie, as much as they are about who I was with. The third I, admittedly, saw years later on video, because I lost interest.

I did buy the first three movies on video (VHS), but really only because I had boys and thought they might like them. Our DVDs are of remastered versions -- I don't recall why we bought them, but it was likely Christmas filler.

I never bothered to see episode one or two in the theater, but we did eventually buy them because of the hype surrounding the third, which we did see in theaters and have to admit I did get goosebumps when I heard Vader.

That said I wasn't impressed. There was no huge wow factor.

Sometime later, my younger son discovered them and instantly became engrossed in all things Star Wars. My kiddo loves them all, and his excitement for this new movie is infectious, although he says the episode one was dull. This will be the first Star Wars movie he'll see on the "big screen" so there's that.

But if it were only up to me, I would feel completely happy passing on it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-12-2015, 01:39 PM
(16-12-2015 12:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sometime later, my younger son discovered them and instantly became engrossed in all things Star Wars. My kiddo loves them all, ...

Aside from Jar-Jar, that is.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
16-12-2015, 02:12 PM
(16-12-2015 01:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 12:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sometime later, my younger son discovered them and instantly became engrossed in all things Star Wars. My kiddo loves them all, ...

Well yeah. Smile

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-12-2015, 02:29 PM
(16-12-2015 12:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  ...While it is responsible for getting me into classical music (I liked the soundtrack so much, I bought the album)...

I had the album too. Thumbsup
16-12-2015, 03:31 PM
(16-12-2015 01:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Jar-Jar is God, best thing to ever happen to star wars.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
16-12-2015, 05:10 PM
(16-12-2015 03:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(16-12-2015 01:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Aside from Jar-Jar, that is.

Jar-Jar is God, best thing to ever happen to star wars.

[Image: 0gOe3KM.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
18-12-2015, 05:27 AM
It's back fellas !
Yep the Starwars franchise is back. The force awakens is much better than the crappy prequels. 9/10 movie. Highly recommended.ClapClapClapClap George Lucas can't shit more the franchise. Kudos to Disney.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 3 users Like Leo's post
18-12-2015, 06:25 AM
RE: It's back fellas !
I will wait till it appears on showbox. Where I shall ignore it like I did the last film Drinking Beverage

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
18-12-2015, 07:56 AM
RE: It's back fellas !
(18-12-2015 05:27 AM)Leo Wrote:  Yep the Starwars franchise is back. The force awakens is much better than the crappy prequels. 9/10 movie. Highly recommended.ClapClapClapClap George Lucas can't shit more the franchise. Kudos to Disney.

Disney had jackshit to do with the film being good. Disney has greenlighted a million different Star Wars spin-offs; they want what every giant corporation wants: more money. Give credit to Abrams and his team.

My rating is an 8/10 or an 7.5/10. It has obvious flaws, but it doesn't make the movie boring, insulting (The Phantom Menace) or just plain stupid (Attack of the Clones).

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
18-12-2015, 09:12 PM
Just saw The Force Awakens. Its not bad, in fact its pretty good, but there were some missed opportunities.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.