The Fork in the Road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 01:14 AM

Rainbow The Fork in the Road
God spoke to me today--that's nothing new. But He had a message for me that I'm supposed to follow.

He said I'm supposed to love atheists.

Of course, I immediately puked. But when I recovered, I humbly asked why? Because you have to understand, for twenty years, I've taken atheism personally. You say you don't believe in God, and I get personally offended--I mean really offended. I've never quite understood why, but I think it has to do with the close relationship I have with God. It's like I feel the insult you send His way.

But He said I have to stop all that now. He said that's all in the past. He said He loves you. He said, I only exist because of His love for you.

Needless to say, this was a bit of a kick in the groin to me. But when God speaks, I listen; I listen and I do what He tells me to do. That's my job.

Right now, I am a pouting child. I don't even know how to express the feeling. But I know the voice of God. I've known it since I was a little boy. And I know the part up there in blue is from God. I can't deny it. He would explain it all to me, but I won't listen right now. I just want to be left alone. But He says to me, How can you end atheism one mind at a time if you're trying to kill them? And that's a hard one to argue with.

It's a Satanic trick you know? The atheist pushes you to hate them so that when they see the hatred, they never want to be what you are. When you see some idiot protesting a nativity scene at Christmas time, you want to get out your brand new Bushmaster from under the tree, take the bow off the barrel and solve the problem--but when you do, the atheist never wants to be like you. The atheist, pushed along by Satanic forces like a leaf on a windy pond, has no control over it. They have to make the one's in Christ hate them, so they can fuel their atheism and end up in hell. It's a Satanic trick.

It's not a satanic trick played on me--it's played on you. You think you have a victory when the Christian screams: "Burn in hell!" But all you've done is put another nail in your own coffin.

And God says to me, Or don't you have any faith at all? Meaning: If I believe God exists and speaks to me, if I believe Jesus Christ is the Teacher and the template. If I believe I am Christ and have the power of Christ at my disposal--how can I feel anything but pity for the atheists, no matter what they say or do? And pity is the first sign that we love our neighbor.

[Image: atomic-bomb_o_GIFSoup.com.gif]

But I get so angry, and I want to fight and strike back with ten nukes for every bullet an atheist fires, and God says to me, Then you don't believe in Christ at all, do you? Because if Jesus Christ is who I've been saying I believe he was, he could have destroyed all of humanity instead of dying on the cross. But he died on the cross. Jesus had no reason to love anyone, and loved everyone.

And there comes a point where you walk the path instead of just knowing it. There comes a point where you either walk the path, or everything you say you believe and everything you preach, and all the faith you have in Christ, becomes...nonsense.

I feel bad about referring to atheists as bugs to be sprayed. I feel bad about telling Girly Man he's a coward and I could hurt him. I feel bad about a lot of things. Is that what it means to transform into Christ? That you come to feel bad about all that you are?

I just watched something on CNN tonight about the Waco incident. It was right after that, in 1993, when I formed the Veridical Christian Society. Me and a few friends would get together and have a bible study while wearing our favorite side arms. Even after Timothy McVeigh blew up the Federal Building two years later, I was still pissed off. And when I see footage of Waco, I hate. I hate everything. I especially hate atheism.

But it seems now, if I want to preach that the human purpose is to be Christ, I better learn where the war really is. It's between Christ and Satan for the whole of humanity, it's not between theism and atheism. Atheism is just one of the tools Satan uses. You could put every atheist in a concentration camp, and Satan would only be made stronger as a result.

Everything, it seems, in this spiritual war is backwards. You get attacked, you don't strike back. Someone spits on you, they're really hurting themselves. Someone acts smug in their denial of God and Christ, it's just the cry of a soul that is lost. And if I can't love my neighbor--I'm not fit to fight.

I don't know what to do from here. But God is on one path in a fork in the road, and I'm on the other, and He says. If you're going to follow Me, it's this way.
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 02:05 AM
RE: The Fork in the Road
... He's a voice on the net. Doesn't bother me. This crazy thing of having bible study with your side-arm strapped on (presumably to your side) makes me laugh though. It's the kinda shit I'd expect to see in... I dunno... some kinda macho movie like American History X. WTF Egor ? You must have thought "Actually this is pretty fucking insane" when you guys cooked that one up.

Your logic however, is pretty good. If you have any faith in your God, then taking matters into your own hands is... demonstrating that you don't really.

What I utterly don't get is this "God talks to me" stuff. Do you mean a literal voice ? Because dude, *how do you know the said voice isn't you* ? Or even if you somehow just know, *are you sure it's God* ? If I had a voice like that I'd first check the room for concealed speakers - no telling what crazy friend might have thought of making a practical joke - and next I'd hie me to a physician and tell him "doc, there's this fucker in my head keeps telling me crazy shit". After that... well, I'd have to devise a few more stringent tests before I got to the bit where I admitted it *was* an external voice that somehow only I could hear. And even then we haven't got to the God bit.

*However*, after all that, I'm still glad that you're taking the path of love. Love for your fellow man or woman has got to be more positive than hate, regardless of how nutty your reasons are, or seem to be to other people Smile And as you say, if I think about it from the point of view of a Christian, then yes, your spiritual war is kinda weird - strike a blow by turning the other cheek etc.

Good luck Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2013, 02:20 AM

(03-03-2013 02:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  ... He's a voice on the net. Doesn't bother me. This crazy thing of having bible study with your side-arm strapped on (presumably to your side) makes me laugh though. It's the kinda shit I'd expect to see in... I dunno... some kinda macho movie like American History X. WTF Egor ? You must have thought "Actually this is pretty fucking insane" when you guys cooked that one up.

Some scenes just bear repeating.

You have to understand something about Christianity. It has two elements: the love of Christ and the power of Christ. And both are almost impossible for human beings to handle in this life. You see the power of Christ in (Derick's eyes [Edward Norton]) in the video. God isn't against either one--but when He gives you a job to do, you have to do it His way. Perhaps when I was young (In 1993, I was 29.), only the power of Christ could seduce me. But now, there comes a point when you got to get a different tool out of your tool box.

Quote:What I utterly don't get is this "God talks to me" stuff. Do you mean a literal voice ?
No. Mind to mind. And I'm surprised you "don't get it." He's been talking to me since I was 9. It's actually very hard for me to believe that everyone doesn't have the same experience, but apparently, they don't.

Quote: Because dude, *how do you know the said voice isn't you* ? Or even if you somehow just know, *are you sure it's God* ? If I had a voice like that I'd first check the room for concealed speakers - no telling what crazy friend might have thought of making a practical joke - and next I'd hie me to a physician and tell him "doc, there's this fucker in my head keeps telling me crazy shit". After that... well, I'd have to devise a few more stringent tests before I got to the bit where I admitted it *was* an external voice that somehow only I could hear. And even then we haven't got to the God bit.

Apparently, it's not something you get. What can I say? Maybe that's why you succumbed to atheism.

Quote:*However*, after all that, I'm still glad that you're taking the path of love. Love for your fellow man or woman has got to be more positive than hate,

Not if atheism is true. If atheism is true, neither way matters. Let's hope it's not true. No
03-03-2013, 02:23 AM
(03-03-2013 02:07 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 01:35 AM)k37713 Wrote:  Egor.. hate is a pretty strong word .. right? But I can honestly say.. I fucking hate you.. I know I'll get backlash from everyone for posting this.. but sweet baby jesus you embody everything and even more that I detest so much in over zealous religious fucks.. one minute you are arguing with people not even on point in the thread... the next your starting a new religion.. you're leaving..you're back.. you love us .. whatever.. ugh.. sigh.. meh..

And yet, you're reading and responding to my post in an obscure board. But here's the thing: It really doesn't matter if you hate me. You're an atheist, and if atheism is true, then you are an automaton responding to a stimulus in your environment. You're hate means nothing.

It matters if I hate you, because I'm one with Christ, and if I'm right, then my hatred is really Satan getting a punch in on me. Because I was born, apparently, to save as many atheists as I can before I undergo my Baptism of Ascension (my physical death). I can't do that and hate you at the same time. No

Don't hold your breath.
The HOARDS, the HOARDS I tell you of atheists clamoring to break down the doors and get into his church are proof of all the other atheists he's saved. Oh wait. Not one. Well ... you just wait. At Easter he will diappear and never come back. Ummm, oh wait on that one too.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-03-2013, 02:23 AM
(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  God spoke to me today--that's nothing new. But He had a message for me that I'm supposed to follow.

He said I'm supposed to love atheists.
[Image: 000_MDX04.jpg]

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  You say you don't believe in God, and I get personally offended--I mean really offended. I've never quite understood why,

[Image: God-Ego.jpg]

"Inability to separate the ego from the belief means that attacks on one's beliefs feel like a personal attack on one's self and those things that represent the extension of self (family, gods, team etc.)"

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  but I think it has to do with the close relationship I have with God. It's like I feel the insult you send His way.

Yup, real, real close...

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  But when God speaks, I listen;

Me too. When my ego speaks, I listen.

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  How can you end atheism one mind at a time if you're trying to kill them? And that's a hard one to argue with.

Official church policy for many centuries. And there has been persection of religions and ethic cleansing, too. Not to mention the mass slaughter extolled in the Old Testament and the Quran.

Your god has at last changed its policy. Praise be!

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
03-03-2013, 02:25 AM
TL;DR

I tried, but it was too boring. :/

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Near's post
03-03-2013, 02:29 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 02:33 AM by Adenosis.)
(03-03-2013 02:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  You say you don't believe in God, and I get personally offended--I mean really offended. I've never quite understood why,

"Inability to separate the ego from the belief means that attacks on one's beliefs feel like a personal attack on one's self and those things that represent the extension of self (family, gods, team etc.)"

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 3 users Like Adenosis's post
03-03-2013, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 05:17 AM by Vera.)
Jesus Christ, guys. I'm the last person to say I like Egor, but I thought this subforum had very very very special rules? I guess they don't apply to everyone. All animals are created equal and all that, eh?

I'm the last person to defend Egor, but piling up on him in every single thread he opens? Tends to get rather ugly over time.

I don't agree with what he says or how he goes about expressing it and you know what? I mostly avoid his posts, I may skim over one or two to see what's going on and move on. He comes with his venom at someone who's asking for help? I'll tell him to try and not to be too big of a jerk, if he can manage it. He decides to spout his latest delusions in one of his threads? I stay out of it.

All I'm saying it, when shit starts flying through the air, it doesn't really matter who threw it. Everyone gets smeared.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
03-03-2013, 03:18 AM
You are of course, correct. This being the personal issues and support forum... we are *supposed* to be nice. Er... I don't feel comfortable being the policeman here though. Also I'm pretty sure Egor can handle himself - I don't think he'd get fazed by just insults. However... maybe if people would tone it down a bit right *here* in this thread, and if you don't wanna be nice just... save it for another thread outside this section Wink He's got plenty so you shouldn't have a problem.
03-03-2013, 03:21 AM

(03-03-2013 03:13 AM)Vera Wrote:  All I'm saying it, when shit starts flying through the air, it doesn't really matter who threw it. Everyone gets smeared.

And those are not just pretty words. Drinking Beverage