The Fork in the Road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: The Fork in the Road
(06-03-2013 06:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Seriously, do you really think we're all that stupid? You don't have to have made an explicit argument for your God in your Dawkins bashing thread, you've made your position on the existence of God clear in other posts.

Only you're second post ever on the forums, and we already know that you believe in God with a capitol 'G'. So watching you backtrack behind this smokescreen of 'I have yet to make any arguments that God exists' is just as fucking hollow as when William Lane Craig uses his Kalam Cosmological Argument to attempt to prove a deistic god, with the explicit intent to latter swap it out with the theistic God (all the while hoping his opponent and the audience won't notice). The reason behind your purposeful misinterpretation of Dawkin's work (and evolution in general) is only the first step in trying to crowbar some divine mystery into the theory, so that you have some place to put your chosen intelligent designer, God.

You are conflating a belief in God for an argument for God's existence. These are two seperate things. Further claiming someone is wrong(about one thing in a large set of things) and explaining why you think they are wrong is not misrepresenting his work.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 01:48 PM
(06-03-2013 11:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(06-03-2013 05:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  More evation.

More what? What's evation?

(06-03-2013 05:48 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I forgive you for your atrocious English. Thanks for proving my point about your eduction,

Physician, heal thyself.

I know my spelling and grammer suck, but I always thought it was comical that Bucky, who's posts are full of spelling errors and such, was the one calling me out on it.
06-03-2013, 02:13 PM
(06-03-2013 01:44 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-03-2013 06:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Seriously, do you really think we're all that stupid? You don't have to have made an explicit argument for your God in your Dawkins bashing thread, you've made your position on the existence of God clear in other posts.

Only you're second post ever on the forums, and we already know that you believe in God with a capitol 'G'. So watching you backtrack behind this smokescreen of 'I have yet to make any arguments that God exists' is just as fucking hollow as when William Lane Craig uses his Kalam Cosmological Argument to attempt to prove a deistic god, with the explicit intent to latter swap it out with the theistic God (all the while hoping his opponent and the audience won't notice). The reason behind your purposeful misinterpretation of Dawkin's work (and evolution in general) is only the first step in trying to crowbar some divine mystery into the theory, so that you have some place to put your chosen intelligent designer, God.

You are conflating a belief in God for an argument for God's existence. These are two seperate things. Further claiming someone is wrong(about one thing in a large set of things) and explaining why you think they are wrong is not misrepresenting his work.

You believe in God. You're trying your very best to insert 'intelligence' in anyway you can into evolutionary theory. Do you honestly expect us to believe that just because you didn't use the word 'God' in the other thread, that you're just arguing for 'any' intelligence? Cause if that is the case, I'd have to point out that time traveling humans and extra terrestrials are both far more likely explanations for an 'intelligence' we cannot explain; long before we get to a god, let alone your God.

So as the old saw goes, 'don't piss on me and tell me it's raining'. Your motives are clear, to attempt to insert God into any gap you come across in human understanding. Sorry if the rest of us see 'I don't know, God did it' as the laziest of all possible answers. You don't come right out and say it, instead you hide it under layers of obfuscation, then act indignant when we see what you're doing. You're not here to 'challenge our world-view' in an attempt to move it closer to a more accurate and evidence supported truth, you ultimately want us to buy into your divine bullshit. While I can't speak for everyone here, I can tell you that I am well aware of what you're selling, and I'm not buying.

So fuck your bullshit, again.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
06-03-2013, 02:53 PM
(06-03-2013 02:13 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ....Cause if that is the case, I'd have to point out that time traveling humans and extra terrestrials are both far more likely explanations for an 'intelligence' we cannot explain; long before we get to a god, let alone your God.

Time travelling humans and extraterrestrials huh?

[Image: Doctor-who.jpg.jpg]

....... Nah, couldn't be.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
06-03-2013, 06:18 PM
[Image: u4NKQs3.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 3 users Like fstratzero's post
07-03-2013, 01:38 AM
(06-03-2013 02:53 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-03-2013 02:13 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ....Cause if that is the case, I'd have to point out that time traveling humans and extra terrestrials are both far more likely explanations for an 'intelligence' we cannot explain; long before we get to a god, let alone your God.

Time travelling humans and extraterrestrials huh?

[Image: Doctor-who.jpg.jpg]

....... Nah, couldn't be.

Yes, Dr. Who (or something similar) would be more likely than Yahweh. Surely Mr.Blowme isn't arguing that Dr.Who is the source of the intelligence for his 'fitness paradigm'... Or is he? Consider

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
07-03-2013, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 02:08 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(07-03-2013 01:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yes, Dr. Who (or something similar) would be more likely than Yahweh. Surely Mr.Blowme isn't arguing that Dr.Who is the source of the intelligence for his 'fitness paradigm'... Or is he? Consider

Somewhere in this forum I already claimed the argument I intend make isn't exclusive to God.....If I recall correctly I said that the argument I intend to make could be applied toward space aliens or some other non-divine intellect.
EK, you make way to many assumptions....so many that I wouldn't rely upon you to accurately assess a persons position....on anything.
07-03-2013, 03:34 AM
(07-03-2013 02:05 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 01:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Yes, Dr. Who (or something similar) would be more likely than Yahweh. Surely Mr.Blowme isn't arguing that Dr.Who is the source of the intelligence for his 'fitness paradigm'... Or is he? Consider

Somewhere in this forum I already claimed the argument I intend make isn't exclusive to God.....If I recall correctly I said that the argument I intend to make could be applied toward space aliens or some other non-divine intellect.
EK, you make way to[sic] many assumptions....so many that I wouldn't rely upon you to accurately assess a persons[sic] position....on anything.

So you're mangled understanding of evolution in an attempt to crowbar in 'intelligence' isn't in fact for your God, but rather just mental masturbation? That is such a weak-sause denial that it would be funny, if it wasn't so goddamn sad. Weeping

At least Egor has the (temporary) strength of his convictions (whatever they may be for that week) to at least stick to his guns; and not run around and deny his objective. If you're really here to argue for ANY intelligence, then how come you're not an agnostic atheist? That would leave you open to time travelers, aliens, gods, and all other possibilities. But you're not, you are self admitted Theist; so quite yanking my chain and come clean already. You're either a liar, or entirely illogical; so take your pick.

So fuck your bullshit, again. Dodgy

07-03-2013, 03:47 AM
(07-03-2013 03:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 02:05 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Somewhere in this forum I already claimed the argument I intend make isn't exclusive to God.....If I recall correctly I said that the argument I intend to make could be applied toward space aliens or some other non-divine intellect.
EK, you make way to[sic] many assumptions....so many that I wouldn't rely upon you to accurately assess a persons[sic] position....on anything.

So you're mangled understanding of evolution in an attempt to crowbar in 'intelligence' isn't in fact for your God, but rather just mental masturbation? That is such a weak-sause denial that it would be funny, if it wasn't so goddamn sad. Weeping

At least Egor has the (temporary) strength of his convictions (whatever they may be for that week) to at least stick to his guns; and not run around and deny his objective. If you're really here to argue for ANY intelligence, then how come you're not an agnostic atheist? That would leave you open to time travelers, aliens, gods, and all other possibilities. But you're not, you are self admitted Theist; so quite yanking my chain and come clean already. You're either a liar, or entirely illogical; so take your pick.

So fuck your bullshit, again. Dodgy
A difference between me and Egor is that he is interested in converting you to a religion....I am not. I am only interested in challenging your world veiws and having my world veiw challenged.
07-03-2013, 05:01 AM
(07-03-2013 03:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A difference between me and Egor is that he is interested in converting you to a religion....I am not. I am only interested in challenging your world veiws and having my world veiw challenged.
What world views are you referring to? Please elaborate.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]