The Fork in the Road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2013, 05:11 AM
RE: The Fork in the Road
(07-03-2013 05:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 03:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A difference between me and Egor is that he is interested in converting you to a religion....I am not. I am only interested in challenging your world veiws and having my world veiw challenged.
What world views are you referring to? Please elaborate.

I can make an inductive argument that shows that there probably exists an external intellect. I want you guys to crush that argument. I want to know if the argument is errant.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 05:19 AM
(07-03-2013 05:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I can make an inductive argument that shows that there probably exists an external intellect. I want you guys to crush that argument. I want to know if the argument is errant.
Go on. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
07-03-2013, 06:36 AM
(07-03-2013 05:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 05:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  What world views are you referring to? Please elaborate.

I can make an inductive argument that shows that there probably exists an external intellect. I want you guys to crush that argument. I want to know if the argument is errant.

Probably? Now that's rich! Weeping

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-03-2013, 08:05 AM
(07-03-2013 05:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 05:01 AM)Vosur Wrote:  What world views are you referring to? Please elaborate.

No you don't.

You have 259 posts at the time I'm typing this, and not one of them actually presents this alleged argument of yours. So far, 259 troll efforts, zero offers of a possibly crushable, possibly errant, argument.

If you really have this clever argument for the probability of ID then why haven't you presented it yet?

I, for one, would like to see you make better use of my time than simply wasting it with your trolling.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
07-03-2013, 08:57 AM

(07-03-2013 03:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A difference between me and Egor is that he is interested in converting you to a religion....I am not. I am only interested in challenging your world veiws and having my world veiw challenged.

If the end of all this isn't to defeat Satan and show others the way to eternal life, then what's the point? If you win your way, and the atheist simply turns into a deist, what good is that? Where's the gain?

So, I am proud to say I am always closing--all my intent is to win souls for the Kingdom of God, that I might do our Father's will on earth and that we might all be Christ in the paradise to come.

Otherwise, why believe in God? Shocking
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 09:13 AM by Adenosis.)
(07-03-2013 08:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  Otherwise, why believe in God? Shocking

1. Indoctrination; people made to just assume there is a god without questioning his existence because that's what their parents assume to be true.
2. Wishful thinking for an afterlife because of a fear of death.
3. To fit in with everyone else that believes in god.

You might say these are bad reasons to believe in a god, but really, all reasons I've been presented with are bad reasons. Including yours. You think your special because god chose you to spread his word (like that hasn't happened umpteen times before). That's just the result of a disturbed mind trying to make things appear less grim so your less likely to end your life, and you think it's the truth. How cute.

How does it feel to be on par with someone that has a severe case of schizophrenia?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 3 users Like Adenosis's post
07-03-2013, 12:51 PM
(07-03-2013 06:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 05:11 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I can make an inductive argument that shows that there probably exists an external intellect. I want you guys to crush that argument. I want to know if the argument is errant.

Probably? Now that's rich! Weeping
Yes....its an inductive argument. Do you know what an inductive argument is?
07-03-2013, 12:55 PM
(07-03-2013 08:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  

If the end of all this isn't to defeat Satan and show others the way to eternal life, then what's the point? If you win your way, and the atheist simply turns into a deist, what good is that? Where's the gain?

So, I am proud to say I am always closing--all my intent is to win souls for the Kingdom of God, that I might do our Father's will on earth and that we might all be Christ in the paradise to come.

Otherwise, why believe in God? Shocking
Its a tag-team effort Egor......I convince em God exists and then you convert em Veridicanism.
But seriously, I don't argue for any particular religion because I can't make a strong argument for any particular religion.
07-03-2013, 01:05 PM
(07-03-2013 08:05 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
No you don't.

You have 259 posts at the time I'm typing this, and not one of them actually presents this alleged argument of yours. So far, 259 troll efforts, zero offers of a possibly crushable, possibly errant, argument.

If you really have this clever argument for the probability of ID then why haven't you presented it yet?

I, for one, would like to see you make better use of my time than simply wasting it with your trolling.
We've argued pieces of it already. We've argued about how to define an evolutionary process and we've argued about the nature of those processes. We may have to back track and have a thread about inductive and deductive reasoning to get EvolutionKills up to speed.
07-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Keep forkin' the road boys, just keep forkin; Wink

C'mon HJ, let's hear the ol' God exists argumentum ?