The Fork in the Road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2013, 01:20 PM
RE: The Fork in the Road
(07-03-2013 01:05 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  We've argued pieces of it already. We've argued about how to define an evolutionary process and we've argued about the nature of those processes.

You presented an inaccurate definition of evolution and were corrected on that inaccuracy. You resisted the correction, accepting minor word changes but insisting on your basic, and inaccurate, re-definition. If that's fundamental to your proof of ID, you're off to a bad start. Can you not prove your ID with a normal, standard, widely-accepted definition of evolution?

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 01:23 PM
(07-03-2013 01:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  Keep forkin' the road boys, just keep forkin; Wink

C'mon HJ, let's hear the ol' God exists argumentum ?
Its more of an ol external intelligent agent exists argumentum.....and I will present it in good time.
07-03-2013, 01:40 PM
(07-03-2013 01:20 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 01:05 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  We've argued pieces of it already. We've argued about how to define an evolutionary process and we've argued about the nature of those processes.

You presented an inaccurate definition of evolution and were corrected on that inaccuracy. You resisted the correction, accepting minor word changes but insisting on your basic, and inaccurate, re-definition. If that's fundamental to your proof of ID, you're off to a bad start. Can you not prove your ID with a normal, standard, widely-accepted definition of evolution?
What are you talking about? I haven't decided on a definition to use yet. Further my definition as originally presented was substantially correct and some here helped me refine it further. What is ironic is that when I first presented my definition(in another thread - not the defining evolution thread)....someone claimed it came directly from wikipedia(which admittedly was probably an influence). So even your claim that the defintion I am using is not widely accepted is a bit of a fail.
I'll probably end up using Ghost's defintion when I make my argument to this audience. It appears too many of you are so closed minded that you will autoreject any definition a theist comes up with regardless of whether it is correct or not.
07-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Close minded, close minded he cries, the one who wants us to belieeeeeve...

Come on preacher man, you're gonna hafta do better than that.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-03-2013, 03:21 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 03:27 PM by bemore.)
I too fail to see the logic of beating around the bush and simply not stating your evidence

PleaseJesus also seems to be delaying on spitting it out Dodgy

Are you two related? (or maybe the same person)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
07-03-2013, 03:28 PM
(07-03-2013 02:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  Close minded, close minded he cries, the one who wants us to belieeeeeve...

Come on preacher man, you're gonna hafta do better than that.
Sure I would like you to believe my ideas and arguments but I would be satisfied if you crushed them too.
The problem I have is when I put forth a definition for evolution then somebody then says use this definition of biological evolution instead. I then tell them I want to talk about all evolution not just biological evolution and they come back with "you should talk about biological evolution instead". Such behaviors tell me they are not open minded and don't want to hear what I have to say. Thats fine but if thats the case, they shouldn't say anything at all and not read the thread. An open minded person would say, "okay lets talk about a definition for all evolutionary processes"....instead I get, "Oh your resisting correction" in which they really mean, "You wrong because your veiw of evolution isn't the same as mine...and mine is right".
07-03-2013, 03:30 PM
(07-03-2013 03:21 PM)bemore Wrote:  I too fail to see the logic of beating around the bush and simply not stating your evidence

PleaseJesus also seems to be delaying on spitting it out Dodgy

Are you two related? (or maybe the same person)
I am not related to PleaseJesus. You can do an IP check. While you are at it. Do an IP check on Bucky, Apchizo and Evolutionkills. Sometimes I think they are sockpuppets of each other but the more likely explaination is that they are just circle jerking.
07-03-2013, 05:54 PM
(07-03-2013 08:57 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 03:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A difference between me and Egor is that he is interested in converting you to a religion....I am not. I am only interested in challenging your world veiws and having my world veiw challenged.

If the end of all this isn't to defeat Satan and show others the way to eternal life, then what's the point? If you win your way, and the atheist simply turns into a deist, what good is that? Where's the gain?

So, I am proud to say I am always closing--all my intent is to win souls for the Kingdom of God, that I might do our Father's will on earth and that we might all be Christ in the paradise to come.

Otherwise, why believe in God? Shocking

Why, indeed?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2013, 06:31 PM

(07-03-2013 12:55 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Its a tag-team effort Egor......I convince em God exists and then you convert em Veridicanism.

LOL. Drinking Beverage

Quote:But seriously, I don't argue for any particular religion because I can't make a strong argument for any particular religion.

So, who cares then if God exists? Seriously. If there is no religion. If there is no Christ. If there is no plan or purpose for mankind, then why bother with God? If he's not bothered with us, then knowing He exists is just some factoid like lactose is the main sugar in milk.

Or are you like KC? Hmmm? Consider Just looking for a social group to hang out in. Kind of like the gay kid in high school who just has to walk down the halls with colored hair, peircings, and clothes right out of an S&M dungeon cuz deep down he actually wants to be bullied?

If you have no religion. If you won't argue for Christ, then you're just background noise. You're not a threat to atheism. They won't need to worry about you.

Maybe that's what you're trying to tell them--they don't have to worry about you. Consider
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Egor, shutting theists down.

Where's my popcorn?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post