The Fork in the Road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2013, 12:59 AM
RE: The Fork in the Road
(08-03-2013 12:53 AM)Egor Wrote:  Guess what? God doesn't require your assistance. If you aren't in Christ, you're noise.

Maybe you'll get some rep points the more cozy you become with your atheist pals.

I never claimed that God required my assistance.

I'm sure my next rep points are going to be negative.

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 149
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 01:01 AM

(08-03-2013 12:55 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I suspect that in Afghanistan vocal athiests end up with extra holes in their heads.

That's true. In order to have atheism, you have to have a society that allows for freedom of religion.
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 01:08 AM

(08-03-2013 12:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I never claimed that God required my assistance.

You simply avoid all the points I make.

The world doesn't need another "theist." The world needs people who are one with Christ. If that ain't you, then you and I are not really on the same side. And the atheists will warm up to you, like they did KC. Once they see you aren't a threat, they will warm up to you--once they have you all tied up--you'll be their friend.
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 01:14 AM
(08-03-2013 01:01 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 12:55 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I suspect that in Afghanistan vocal athiests end up with extra holes in their heads.

That's true. In order to have atheism, you have to have a society that allows for freedom of religion.

False. Governments, laws, and social pressure might constrain the freedom of expression; but a non-believer that goes through the motions just so he won't be killed, is STILL a non-believer. Egor, you can't even get the basics right, how sad...

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
08-03-2013, 01:18 AM
(08-03-2013 01:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 12:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I never claimed that God required my assistance.

You simply avoid all the points I make.

The world doesn't need another "theist." The world needs people who are one with Christ. If that ain't you, then you and I are not really on the same side. And the atheists will warm up to you, like they did KC. Once they see you aren't a threat, they will warm up to you--once they have you all tied up--you'll be their friend.

How very Christ like of you Egor...

1 John 4:20-21
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
08-03-2013, 01:25 AM
(08-03-2013 01:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  The world doesn't need another "theist." The world needs people who are one with Christ.

What you seem to fail to appreciate and dismiss out of hand Ego®, is that an atheist can just as easily (probably even easier) be one with the Christ. The Buddha was one with the Christ, or more properly the Christ was one with the Buddha. What do you think I mean when this atheist says "My Own Personal Jesus"? I'm not being blasphemous when I say that, I'm being as serious as I can be.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-03-2013, 01:47 AM
(08-03-2013 01:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  You simply avoid all the points I make.

The reason I "avoid all the points" you make is because I am not interested in discussing them. I'm not interested in engaging in an argument about whether the world needs another theist or not. God's plan for me isn't to convert these heathens to religion. If it was don't you think I would feel as inspired as you? Right now I am only inspired to present an argument to these heathens and see if they can poke holes in it. Right now I am only inspired to challenge their world veiw with non-religious arguments.

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 149
08-03-2013, 02:39 AM
(08-03-2013 01:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 01:08 AM)Egor Wrote:  You simply avoid all the points I make.

The reason I "avoid all the points" you make is because I am not interested in discussing them. I'm not interested in engaging in an argument about whether the world needs another theist or not. God's plan for me isn't to convert these heathens to religion. If it was don't you think I would feel as inspired as you? Right now I am only inspired to present an argument to these heathens and see if they can poke holes in it. Right now I am only inspired to challenge their world veiw with non-religious arguments.

..... What arguments?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
08-03-2013, 08:21 AM
(08-03-2013 12:53 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 12:39 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I never claimed there is no religion or that there is no plan or purpose for mankind. I only claimed I could not make a good argument for any religion....so I won't.

Guess what? God doesn't require your assistance. If you aren't in Christ, you're noise.

Maybe you'll get some rep points the more cozy you become with your atheist pals.

Edit: That was an assholish thing for me to say. Sorry.

And leaving it there crossed out is a passive-aggressive asshole move. Because you are an asshole.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
08-03-2013, 08:53 AM
(08-03-2013 08:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 12:53 AM)Egor Wrote:  Guess what? God doesn't require your assistance. If you aren't in Christ, you're noise.

Edit: That was an assholish thing for me to say. Sorry.

And leaving it there crossed out is a passive-aggressive asshole move. Because you are an asshole.

He left asshole awhile ago now and has resumed his more natural role as fullblown turgid prick. In my experience with arrogant scientists, it's usually a defense mechanism against deep-seated insecurities. Have no reason to think that's not the case in the genpop as well.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.