The Fork in the Road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2013, 11:15 AM

RE: The Fork in the Road
(08-03-2013 01:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What you seem to fail to appreciate and dismiss out of hand Ego®, is that an atheist can just as easily (probably even easier) be one with the Christ. The Buddha was one with the Christ, or more properly the Christ was one with the Buddha. What do you think I mean when this atheist says "My Own Personal Jesus"? I'm not being blasphemous when I say that, I'm being as serious as I can be.

Christ is God, conscious of Himself, from within His creation. It would be kind of hard to be an atheist and be Christ--absurd actually.
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 11:29 AM
"Christ is God, conscious of Himself, from within His creation."

What does that even mean?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like bbeljefe's post
08-03-2013, 11:31 AM

(08-03-2013 01:47 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The reason I "avoid all the points" you make is because I am not interested in discussing them. I'm not interested in engaging in an argument about whether the world needs another theist or not. God's plan for me isn't to convert these heathens to religion. If it was don't you think I would feel as inspired as you? Right now I am only inspired to present an argument to these heathens and see if they can poke holes in it. Right now I am only inspired to challenge their world veiw with non-religious arguments.

Oh Shocking

Not interested in discussing my points, like that you're a fraud. You know as well as I do you're an atheist poe. Only an atheist would refer to atheists as "heathens." You don't even give a definition of God. It's like when they say that Christians acuse them of eating babies. Christians don't do that. They do that to try to make Christians out to be stupid.

You're role is: "I'm a theist. Here's my argument...Oh, my, you're right! I can't be a theist anymore, I'm converting to atheism via the power of the logic and reasoning skills in The Thinking Atheist Forum!" Unsure

I know you. You're a volunteer fireman setting arson fires to be the hardworking hero firefighter who then gets a fulltime job in the department. Metaphorically speaking. Yes

I won't bother you anymore on your Christ-less mission. I'll just observe. Cool
08-03-2013, 11:33 AM

(08-03-2013 08:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 12:53 AM)Egor Wrote:  Guess what? God doesn't require your assistance. If you aren't in Christ, you're noise.

Maybe you'll get some rep points the more cozy you become with your atheist pals.

Edit: That was an assholish thing for me to say. Sorry.

And leaving it there crossed out is a passive-aggressive asshole move. Because you are an asshole.

Good point. Unsure (Starting to defend him, hmmm Chas?)
08-03-2013, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 11:49 AM by GirlyMan.)
(08-03-2013 11:15 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 01:25 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What you seem to fail to appreciate and dismiss out of hand Ego®, is that an atheist can just as easily (probably even easier) be one with the Christ. The Buddha was one with the Christ, or more properly the Christ was one with the Buddha. What do you think I mean when this atheist says "My Own Personal Jesus"? I'm not being blasphemous when I say that, I'm being as serious as I can be.

Christ is God, conscious of Himself, from within His creation. It would be kind of hard to be an atheist and be Christ--absurd actually.

Not absurd at all. That's an accurate description of what it means to be one with Christ and "My Own Personal Jesus". All of us for that matter. You don't yet get The Word, but at least you're trying. That's more than most Christians do. 'Course I really don't see the need to be such a prick while you're going about trying to figure it out, think it kinda gets in the way and slows you down if you ask me.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
08-03-2013, 11:49 AM

(08-03-2013 11:29 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Christ is God, conscious of Himself, from within His creation."

Obviously, God is self-aware. But in creating the universe, He made it such that within it He is not self-aware. Dirt is not aware it is God. Plants are not aware they are God. Dogs and Cats are not aware they are God. The only animal that can be aware is the Human Being (and that's the only reason we exist). When a human being attains the self-awareness of God, that's being "Christ."

However, this universe is not just the physical realm, there is another dimension, which I simply call Paradise. That is where a person is given much greater control over their environment (like in a lucid dream). It is usually there that they attain the full self-awareness of God. Here in the short span of life we have in the material world, we are only expected to come to it by faith--that's our challenge. Some, in the future, may come to it more fully. I, myself, have not.

Actually, I'm not sure I could and still carry out this ministry. I think I'd end up like a Zen monk or some Hindu guru that sits there all day doing nothing but meditating. But in the future, there may be those who attain it fully and are still functional. I tend to think, however, that if we look at the last functional Christ, we see a very short life lived very brightly--Jesus Christ.

Thanks for allowing me to expound on this.
08-03-2013, 11:55 AM

(08-03-2013 11:36 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 11:15 AM)Egor Wrote:  Christ is God, conscious of Himself, from within His creation. It would be kind of hard to be an atheist and be Christ--absurd actually.

Not absurd at all. That's an accurate description of what it means to be one with Christ and "My Own Personal Jesus". All of us for that matter. You don't yet get The Word, but at least you're trying. That's more than most Christians do. 'Course I really don't see the need to be such a prick while you're going about trying to figure it out, think it kinda gets in the way and slows you down if you ask me.

It's absurd.

As for me being a prick--that's you're opinion, isn't it? And it's not a very clear one, is it? I'm attacked on all sides in here by vile, insulting people like yourself, and when I don't roll over, when I tell you the truth to your face, you call me a prick.

I don't care. Thumbsup
08-03-2013, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 02:15 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-03-2013 11:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 11:29 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "Christ is God, conscious of Himself, from within His creation."

Obviously, God is self-aware. ... When a human being attains the self-awareness of God, that's being "Christ."

That's what I'm saying. That is The Word.

(08-03-2013 11:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  It is usually there that they attain the full self-awareness of God. Here in the short span of life we have in the material world, we are only expected to come to it by faith--that's our challenge.

That's some serious defeatist bullshit right there. No faith required, just self-realization.

(08-03-2013 11:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  But in the future, there may be those who attain it fully and are still functional. I tend to think, however, that if we look at the last functional Christ, we see a very short life lived very brightly--Jesus Christ.

Fuck that shit. There've been countless many Christs before and after Jesus. Ima gonna give it a go. All lives are short, few are lived brightly. You act like Christ is some sorta pussy. You can defend yourself without harming others. Think Aikido, not Taekwondo.

"And when they who were in the synagogue heard these things, they were all filled with rage. And they arose and they thrust him outside of the city and they brought him unto the ridge of the mountain on which the city was built to cast him from the precipice. But he passed through the midst of them and he departed." - Luke 4:28-30

(08-03-2013 11:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  As for me being a prick--that's you're opinion, isn't it?

Nah, that's pretty much the general consensus.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Don't encourage him Sleepy

(02-03-2013 06:44 AM)Egor Wrote:  That's right. If I were ignored, eventually, I'd stop posting. But I just have this knack...

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ack?page=7

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
08-03-2013, 02:18 PM
(08-03-2013 11:31 AM)Egor Wrote:  Oh Shocking

Not interested in discussing my points, like that you're a fraud. You know as well as I do you're an atheist poe. Only an atheist would refer to atheists as "heathens." You don't even give a definition of God. It's like when they say that Christians acuse them of eating babies. Christians don't do that. They do that to try to make Christians out to be stupid.

You're role is: "I'm a theist. Here's my argument...Oh, my, you're right! I can't be a theist anymore, I'm converting to atheism via the power of the logic and reasoning skills in The Thinking Atheist Forum!" Unsure

I know you. You're a volunteer fireman setting arson fires to be the hardworking hero firefighter who then gets a fulltime job in the department. Metaphorically speaking. Yes

I won't bother you anymore on your Christ-less mission. I'll just observe. Cool

Egor, I forgive you for calling me a fraud and an atheist.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?