The Fork in the Road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2013, 02:30 PM
RE: The Fork in the Road
(08-03-2013 02:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 11:31 AM)Egor Wrote:  Oh Shocking

Not interested in discussing my points, like that you're a fraud. You know as well as I do you're an atheist poe. Only an atheist would refer to atheists as "heathens." You don't even give a definition of God. It's like when they say that Christians acuse them of eating babies. Christians don't do that. They do that to try to make Christians out to be stupid.

You're role is: "I'm a theist. Here's my argument...Oh, my, you're right! I can't be a theist anymore, I'm converting to atheism via the power of the logic and reasoning skills in The Thinking Atheist Forum!" Unsure

I know you. You're a volunteer fireman setting arson fires to be the hardworking hero firefighter who then gets a fulltime job in the department. Metaphorically speaking. Yes

I won't bother you anymore on your Christ-less mission. I'll just observe. Cool

Egor, I forgive you for calling me a fraud and an atheist.
How precious, he's still forgiving people.

Egor, you want to be Jesus, you should learn from this guy. Of course, all BlowMe is doing is throwing the term around to try to put himself on a high-ground pedestal, he doesn't really mean it; it's just one facet of his trolling. So maybe there's nothing to learn here.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Sanctimonious bastard Tongue Think he's got enough points to get into heaven yet ? PS HJ farming for points among the atheists will never get you a high score, you need to go on mission to somewhere backward where they'll believe your shit to really level up.
08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
(08-03-2013 02:30 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  ......all BlowMe is doing is throwing the term around to try to put himself on a high-ground pedestal, he doesn't really mean it; it's just one facet of his trolling. So maybe there's nothing to learn here.

There is indeed a lesson to be learned here Aseptic Skeptic. Forgiving people is not trolling nor is calling someone out for their misbehavior.

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 151
08-03-2013, 03:32 PM
(08-03-2013 11:33 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 08:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  And leaving it there crossed out is a passive-aggressive asshole move. Because you are an asshole.

Good point. Unsure (Starting to defend him, hmmm Chas?)

Nope. Just calling out an asshole when I see one. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-03-2013, 03:32 PM

(08-03-2013 02:30 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 02:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Egor, I forgive you for calling me a fraud and an atheist.
How precious, he's still forgiving people.

Egor, you want to be Jesus, you should learn from this guy. Of course, all BlowMe is doing is throwing the term around to try to put himself on a high-ground pedestal, he doesn't really mean it; it's just one facet of his trolling. So maybe there's nothing to learn here.

I hate to sound so... Censored unobservant, but I didn't even realize what this guy was doing with his nic. As soon as he said, "I forgive you...blah, blah, blah, I knew I was right about him, but I didn't realize the nic. I never bothered to read beyond "Heywood."

So, okay, he's a poe atheist, and I'm just now catching on. Hobo

I deserve the idiot smiley.
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 03:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2013 03:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-03-2013 01:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  Don't encourage him

I really don't seem to have the same problem with Ego® that many here do. Sure he's a prick. You ain't never had to deal with a prick before? Get used to it, you'll encounter plenty more. Dude's like a relentless metaphysical child trying to sell me a map to Peter Pan's Never Never Land. I don't take anything he says seriously. Even his insults are crude and weak and lack any sophistication:
(08-03-2013 11:55 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'm attacked on all sides in here by vile, insulting people like yourself, ...
Goddam, AbdelZ's characterization of me as a vulgar, hairless talking monkey was at least memorable. Don't let a childish prick bother you none. He don't bother me none and, despite himself, he occasionally posts something which might lead to an adult conversation among the rest of us. If he bothers you, just show him what an adult prick looks like.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
08-03-2013, 03:39 PM
(08-03-2013 03:32 PM)Egor Wrote:  I hate to sound so... Censored unobservant, but I didn't even realize what this guy was doing with his nic. As soon as he said, "I forgive you...blah, blah, blah, I knew I was right about him, but I didn't realize the nic. I never bothered to read beyond "Heywood."

So, okay, he's a poe atheist, and I'm just now catching on. Hobo

I deserve the idiot smiley.

The nic was an attempt at comedy, nothing more than that.

What does "poe" mean? The only thing I can think of is "person of education".

08-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Ladies, ladies please! Let us act like gentlement here.

You're both annoying and make incredibly poor points in your "arguments".

Now hug and make nice.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
08-03-2013, 03:51 PM
(08-03-2013 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We got the calling out shit of him under control, Hayseed, forgiving him in public reeks of ostentatious week-old fish to me.

You don't have calling people out for misbehavior under control. Chas shouldn't have called Egor an asshole and you shouldn't have called him a prick. Tossing out insults is the weakminded approach and as far as I can tell neither you nor Chas are weak minded.....so why engage in it? Leave the insult throwing to the morons.

08-03-2013, 03:53 PM
(08-03-2013 03:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We got the calling out shit of him under control, Hayseed, forgiving him in public reeks of ostentatious week-old fish to me.

You don't have calling people out for misbehavior under control. Chas shouldn't have called Egor an asshole and you shouldn't have called him a prick. Tossing out insults is the weakminded approach and as far as I can tell neither you nor Chas are weak minded.....so why engage in it? Leave the insult throwing to the morons.

Because it is the only way to engage Egor on his level.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.