The Fork in the Road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: The Fork in the Road
Irrationality beyond reasoning. This thread seams to be a waste of time if he is unable to distinguish reality from mental fabrication.

If God exists I hope he has a good excuse -Woody Allen
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Thoughtful Nate's post
05-03-2013, 06:02 PM
(05-03-2013 05:54 PM)Thoughtful Nate Wrote:  Irrationality beyond reasoning. This thread seams to be a waste of time if he is unable to distinguish reality from mental fabrication.
Welcome to our world ThoughtfulNate Dodgy

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-03-2013, 06:11 PM
(05-03-2013 06:02 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 05:54 PM)Thoughtful Nate Wrote:  Irrationality beyond reasoning. This thread seams to be a waste of time if he is unable to distinguish reality from mental fabrication.
Welcome to our world ThoughtfulNate Dodgy
I second that.

PS Your avatar Little Miss Hobit/cat! Are you allowed to change without the "our" input? Smile

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
05-03-2013, 09:21 PM
(05-03-2013 05:54 PM)Thoughtful Nate Wrote:  ... if he is unable to distinguish reality from mental fabrication.

Girly's got similar issues as Ego® with respect to that, Nate. Difference is Girly's issues stem from a much more fundamental ontological and epistemological position than Ego® is capable of appreciating. ... That and I feel no particular need to evangelize and proselytize or even document my spelunking. Here's a caving headlamp, have fun and watch out for the pits. Tongue

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
05-03-2013, 10:40 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 10:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-03-2013 12:49 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 07:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Go to seminary school like BuckyBall and come back then.

OMG. It all makes sense now.

You mean, this guy went to seminary, then became an atheist, then has to deal with a guy like me who comes along and just takes what he worked so hard for, and I don't have to answer to anyone.

I guess that would piss me off, too.

Now I understand. How tragic. Undecided

Wrong oh deluded one. I was an atheist before I started. I'm not done yet. I just sit and laugh at your level of ignorance. You BOUGHT your $29.95, degree, and you have proven over and over that's all it's worth. The Divinity school is full of agnostics and atheists. They know their stuff. They know it so well they could never buy the crap any longer. So "don't cry for me Argentina".
You are so deluded .. "a theologian and a philosopher"...hahaha. You couldn't reason your way out of a paper sack. You REALLY are suffering from Dunning-Kruger. Unlike you, I will never EVER have anything to do with a church. Just want the credentials, which you completely lack. It's not even my major field. I will get a real job. But at least I can bug the living crap out of people like you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-03-2013, 12:21 AM
(05-03-2013 06:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 06:02 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Welcome to our world ThoughtfulNate Dodgy
I second that.

PS Your avatar Little Miss Hobit/cat! Are you allowed to change without the "our" input? Smile
I'm not sure what you mean, but indubitably. Big Grin

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
06-03-2013, 12:58 AM
(04-03-2013 06:36 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 05:57 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Something we can agree on at last, Heywood. Drinking Beverage

I used to get angry at Ego, especially after he swerved from near-atheism back to his lunatic cult of two. Now I just feel sorry for him, because he is clearly legitimately mentally ill, but his pride and delusion prevent him from recognizing it. He is undoubtedly causing untold damage to his patients (if his claim of being a psychiatric worker is true) and will undoubtedly screw up his own life with this as well. He's over-investing himself in his new religion, and it will bite him in the ass.

I thought about all that. I really did. But if God has given me this gift, and if He has shown me things He hasn't shown others, if he gave me a mind to be a writer, a theologian, and a philosopher, I'm not going to waste it because I'm afraid of what you might think of me. I'm not that kind of person. You see, I have God, so I don't need peer support, which means I don't have to compromise anything.

Feel sorry for me if you want--frankly, I feel luckier than you. I really do.
But does God have or need peer support? you really like his modus operandi and grand conclusion?

Not to have to compromise anything sounds like a very dangerous non thinking delusion.
06-03-2013, 01:09 AM

(05-03-2013 10:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong oh deluded one. I was an atheist before I started. I'm not done yet. I just sit and laugh at your level of ignorance. You BOUGHT your $29.95, degree, and you have proven over and over that's all it's worth.

I bought a legal ordination--no different than a Catholic priest, especially to the flock of the American Fellowship Church. But I disavow that now. I'm not ordained. Veridicans can't be ordained. We are all Brothers and Sisters. I am Brother Edward. That's it.

Quote:The Divinity school is full of agnostics and atheists. They know their stuff. They know it so well they could never buy the crap any longer. So "don't cry for me Argentina".

How sad. How pathetic. That's no way to live a life. No

Quote:You are so deluded .. "a theologian and a philosopher"...hahaha.

And yet I am. I have three original arguments for the existence of God. I have started a religion that will spread by any means necessary, and I have the power of Christ to back it all up. Nothing will stop me. Deluded? Who cares?

Quote:You couldn't reason your way out of a paper sack.
Really? Join the forum and find out. http://veridican.org

Quote:You REALLY are suffering from Dunning-Kruger.
Do you really think that matters? So was Jesus. So was Joseph Smith, so was Mohammed, so was Ghandi, so was Krishna, so was Mother Teresa, so was Joan of Arc, so was St. Francis, so was St. Paul. So is Carley Rae Jespin, So is God. Who gives a...darn? Make that "dang." We Dunning-Krugers move the world. How 'bout you?

Quote: Unlike you, I will never EVER have anything to do with a church. Just want the credentials, which you completely lack. It's not even my major field. I will get a real job. But at least I can bug the living crap out of people like you.

Hahahaha...excuse me...you think you bug me? You don't get it at all, do you? Good luck at Subway, MacDonalds, Best Buy, whatever. You were incapable of holding on to your faith, so you won't be a minister to the people who desperately need a minister, you won't get to be that. And you still have hell to look forward to.

Get real, man. If you were trained to be a minister, then you know as well as I do that atheism doesn't hold water. You know it's as much BS as Deutoronomy is. Christianity may be on it's way out, but something will fill that vacuum. Come be a Veridican Chaplain. Be the next Paul, the next Brigham Young. You only have one life you know? Let someone else be employee-of-the-month at Churches Chicken. This is bigger than you; it's so much bigger than me, too. So it's worth it. Yes
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2013, 01:20 AM
(06-03-2013 01:09 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(05-03-2013 10:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong oh deluded one. I was an atheist before I started. I'm not done yet. I just sit and laugh at your level of ignorance. You BOUGHT your $29.95, degree, and you have proven over and over that's all it's worth.

I bought a legal ordination--no different than a Catholic priest, especially to the flock of the American Fellowship Church. But I disavow that now. I'm not ordained. Veridicans can't be ordained. We are all Brothers and Sisters. I am Brother Edward. That's it.

Quote:The Divinity school is full of agnostics and atheists. They know their stuff. They know it so well they could never buy the crap any longer. So "don't cry for me Argentina".

How sad. How pathetic. That's no way to live a life. No

Quote:You are so deluded .. "a theologian and a philosopher"...hahaha.

And yet I am. I have three original arguments for the existence of God. I have started a religion that will spread by any means necessary, and I have the power of Christ to back it all up. Nothing will stop me. Deluded? Who cares?

Quote:You couldn't reason your way out of a paper sack.
Really? Join the forum and find out. http://veridican.org

Quote:You REALLY are suffering from Dunning-Kruger.
Do you really think that matters? So was Jesus. So was Joseph Smith, so was Mohammed, so was Ghandi, so was Krishna, so was Mother Teresa, so was Joan of Arc, so was St. Francis, so was St. Paul. So is Carley Rae Jespin, So is God. Who gives a...darn? Make that "dang." We Dunning-Krugers move the world. How 'bout you?

Quote: Unlike you, I will never EVER have anything to do with a church. Just want the credentials, which you completely lack. It's not even my major field. I will get a real job. But at least I can bug the living crap out of people like you.

Hahahaha...excuse me...you think you bug me? You don't get it at all, do you? Good luck at Subway, MacDonalds, Best Buy, whatever. You were incapable of holding on to your faith, so you won't be a minister to the people who desperately need a minister, you won't get to be that. And you still have hell to look forward to.

Get real, man. If you were trained to be a minister, then you know as well as I do that atheism doesn't hold water. You know it's as much BS as Deutoronomy is. Christianity may be on it's way out, but something will fill that vacuum. Come be a Veridican Chaplain. Be the next Paul, the next Brigham Young. You only have one life you know? Let someone else be employee-of-the-month at Churches Chicken. This is bigger than you; it's so much bigger than me, too. So it's worth it. Yes
Steady on Egor.
Atheists/Agnostics look to higher values too, within our abilities.
Feelings of grandeur,might,excitement,enrapture can be dangerous.
I'm not having a shot, just suggesting you take stock a bit......... Smile
06-03-2013, 01:33 AM
(06-03-2013 01:09 AM)Egor Wrote:  This is bigger than you; it's so much bigger than me, too. So it's worth it. Yes

If that's what you need to convince yourself to fill your empty life, keep telling yourself that.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious