The Fork in the Road

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2013, 04:12 PM
RE: The Fork in the Road
If being Christ means being a hateful, insulting, fake reverend who can't make up his mind I will pass.

I don't hate you...I think you are a sad human being who wants to find answers and can't. You are so busy trying to "fix" us that you spend no time on yourself.

Today you love us, tomorrow you will hate us again and be back to your nasty attitude. If that's how you choose to live, so be it.

I don't hate entire groups of people based on what links them together. I take each person as they are. You aren't nice, at all. Sometimes you fake it, but it never lasts long enough to buy into it. You are mean and hateful and certainly no one I want to emulate. If it's your 'faith' that makes you that way then I certainly want no part of it.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
03-03-2013, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 05:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
Ah, look at little Ego® trying to figure how to be his own personal Jesus all Girly-like and shit. ... Warms me cockles.

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  ... if I believe Jesus Christ is the Teacher and the template. If I believe I am Christ and have the power of Christ at my disposal--how can I feel anything but pity for the atheists, no matter what they say or do? And pity is the first sign that we love our neighbor.

As usual, you completely miss the point. Love ain't got shit to do with pity. ... The Christ does not preach pity. Mercy and compassion and acceptance and tolerance, yes, but not pity. That requires narcissism and arrogance, dude.

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  And there comes a point where you walk the path instead of just knowing it. There comes a point where you either walk the path, or everything you say you believe and everything you preach, and all the faith you have in Christ, becomes...nonsense.

"Are you willing to know, oh feeble man, that faith without works is dead?"

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  I feel bad about referring to atheists as bugs to be sprayed. I feel bad about telling Girly Man he's a coward and I could hurt him.

Why? Don't feel bad Ego®, it's all in good fun. And you try living with ManlyGirl for going on some 30 years without becoming a coward. And you likely could harm me physically. What you are clearly ill-equipped to do, however, is to sumo Girly in the dohyō of reason and metaphysics. The coward is the man who can't accept that his time is limited, who can't bear the thought that he will soon cease to be without having accomplished all he had hoped. That's the real coward.

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  I feel bad about a lot of things. Is that what it means to transform into Christ? That you come to feel bad about all that you are?

Quite the contrary, I think. Think it means to accept all that you are, all that we are. Without prejudice, without judgment, without guilt, without remorse. ...

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  But it seems now, if I want to preach that the human purpose is to be Christ, ...

Why you feel the need to preach? Again that reeks of arrogance and narcissism. Others have already done spread The Word far better than you can ever hope to. ... It ain't your job, you're outta your swimlane and outta your depth.

(03-03-2013 03:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  Well, part of being Christ is accepting the fact that you are one with the others who are Christ. I doubt you'd dislike me if you became Christ.

You're getting warmer, The Word is that we are The Christ. All of us. What part of the Son Of Man is the Son Of God do you find difficult to understand?

(03-03-2013 01:14 AM)Egor Wrote:  I hate. I hate everything. I especially hate atheism.

And now you're not. Hate ain't an attitude consistent with being my own personal Jesus.

Bemore turned me onto this a while ago. It is a nice characterization and summarization of The Word. The Word is not exclusive to The Christ. One day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but one day you will have to drop yourself.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-03-2013, 04:57 PM
(03-03-2013 03:02 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(03-03-2013 01:13 PM)Jakel Wrote:  I thought you always loved (or so I seem to remember you claimed multiple times) atheists, and that was the reason why you were trying to save us from hell by trying to convert us?

I understood it intellectually, but I don't think it was in my spirit. Now, it has to be, or there's no point.

(03-03-2013 01:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Stating that YOU are Christ is more than enough reason for me to never want any part of a Christ-based existence.

Well, part of being Christ is accepting the fact that you are one with the others who are Christ. I doubt you'd dislike me if you became Christ. In personal e-mails, and in person, I'm pretty likable.

But you shouldn't worry about liking me, you should worry about you. You don't have to like me to be Christ. If your mission as Christ is different than mine, you might not like me. You might never even talk to me. That's irrelevant.

But I'm curious, seriously, what don't you like?

(03-03-2013 01:16 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  For a minute lets pretend god is real.

How can you hate anybody or anything if everything contains god? Since he is omnipresent, he is an atheist with me, a satanist with the satanist, a muslim with the muslims and in every corner of heaven and hell.

Exactly. That's exactly how Jesus would put it. I have been transformed into Christ, but I'm not experienced as Christ. I am growing as Christ. Let's face it, given Jesus' temperment, there's probably good reason why the Gospels ignore the young adult years of his life on earth. I will be better in time. What else can I say?

(03-03-2013 02:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  You are a sorry piece of shit.

Says who? Not God. Consider
So...I should listen to who? You? No
You do realize that's the only logical conclusion of such a belief?

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
03-03-2013, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2013 07:44 PM by Adenosis.)
(03-03-2013 05:38 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I look at myself in a mirror. I tell myself I am dogshit. I repeat even louder...I am DOG SHIT....and I keep repeating that louder and louder until I come to believe that I am dog shit.

Well that explains a lot. Now shoo, this threads about Egor, and even though I don't like him, he's a much more interesting specimen than yourself.

(03-03-2013 12:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  When I look in the mirror, I see an agent of God--for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health.

You may now kiss the bride.

(03-03-2013 12:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  1. I'm not dogshit--I'm Christ.

2. God made me as a completely original work.

3. Then he transformed me into Christ by his grace and mercy and in accordance with my freewill faith in Him.

4. I am, in fact, the greatest thing God ever created for this universe.

You know, I really hate having to point out how you need supporting evidence for claims, but since you seem to have forgotten...

1. If your Christ (assuming you mean The Jesus Christ from the New Testament of the Bible) go from hospital to hospital healing everyone. We will see it on the news when it starts attracting attention, then we might start to take you more seriously. This shouldn't be much of a problem for Christ, right?
If you meant a different Christ, please specify Smile

2. a) Can you prove god exists? b) and that he made you?

3. Can you prove we have free will?

4. In fact means it is a fact. So if it's a fact your going to have to elaborate on what variables make this statement of fact valid. Starting with point [2.a], because if god can not be proven to exist, this 'fact' falls apart.

Then once your done that, some examples of things that make you "the greatest thing in the universe"

Things like: I can cure cancer by mere intention, I have no physical limitations (lift as much weight as you want, run as fast as you want), I can de-materialize and transport myself as a beam of light (or spirit if you prefer).

A few things that will not be accepted as answers:
"Common sense" (Mostly directed at the question about Free Will)...
"The voice in my head (god/yourself) told me so"...
"My book tells me so" (for obvious reasons)...
"The bible tells me so" (then you need to explain why we should take the bible seriously)...
"I just believe it" (In which case, good for you. Stop pretending it's a factual, believing in something does not make it true)...

Once you cover all that, you can go ahead and sign me up for Veridichasm or whatever you call it Smile

(03-03-2013 12:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  
Heywood Jahblome Wrote:Now on a more serious note. This gun imagery you drop in your post. Its not Christlike. Christ had legions of angels at his disposal, He had followers who would fight and go to war for him, but violence....that wasn't His nature....

So, do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth, for I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.“I have come to cast conflicts upon the world—fire, sword, and wars! (VGJC 23:11-12)

Then He said to them, “Now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along. Likewise whatever they have, they are to take, and whoever has no sword, sell your coat and buy one. For I tell you, I will be numbered along with the criminals, for that which refers to Me has its fulfillment.” (ibid 44:14)

Therefore, He made a whip out of lengths of rope, and began driving the merchants out of the temple. He overturned their tables and spilled their money and coins about the floor, and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise inside the temple. And He shouted at them saying, “My Father’s house is a house of prayer. You have made it into a den of thieves! (ibid 40:16-17)

Can anyone say circular argument? Tongue

"I know this, because it's what I wrote in my book."

(03-03-2013 12:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  Jesus Christ was God, wasn't he? I think it's in his nature. I think even the atheists would agree with that one. Yes

This surprises me, you do know what an atheist is do you not? Please tell me you know what an atheist is. Consider

I don't believe in a god, I don't believe in anything supernatural in general (due to lack of evidence obviously), so no, I don't believe Jesus Christ was god. I think I'm safe in assuming this same position is held by everyone that considers themselves an atheist.

(03-03-2013 12:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  
Dog Shit Wrote:so He did not, and would never avail himself of those things. One of the steps to become Christ, is to do what Christ did and that is...reject violence and the tools thereof.

Are you Christ? Are you a Veridican? Are you a prophet of God, Himself?

If not, I have to ask, how would you know what Christ would do?

Theist fight, very nice. Both sides are based on assumptions and neither can prove they are right. Reminds me why we rely on evidence and logic. Sleepy

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 5 users Like Adenosis's post
04-03-2013, 03:16 AM
(03-03-2013 12:33 PM)Egor Wrote:  So, do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth, for I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.“I have come to cast conflicts upon the world—fire, sword, and wars! (VGJC 23:11-12)

Then He said to them, “Now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along. Likewise whatever they have, they are to take, and whoever has no sword, sell your coat and buy one. For I tell you, I will be numbered along with the criminals, for that which refers to Me has its fulfillment.” (ibid 44:14)

Therefore, He made a whip out of lengths of rope, and began driving the merchants out of the temple. He overturned their tables and spilled their money and coins about the floor, and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise inside the temple. And He shouted at them saying, “My Father’s house is a house of prayer. You have made it into a den of thieves! (ibid 40:16-17)

I can't imagine Christ showing up at a bible study with a side arm. My preception of Christ isn't the same as yours. I'll be honest, I find yours a bit disturbing.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
04-03-2013, 05:54 AM

Its supposed to be disturbing.
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2013, 05:57 AM
Something we can agree on at last, Heywood. Drinking Beverage

I used to get angry at Ego, especially after he swerved from near-atheism back to his lunatic cult of two. Now I just feel sorry for him, because he is clearly legitimately mentally ill, but his pride and delusion prevent him from recognizing it. He is undoubtedly causing untold damage to his patients (if his claim of being a psychiatric worker is true) and will undoubtedly screw up his own life with this as well. He's over-investing himself in his new religion, and it will bite him in the ass.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
04-03-2013, 06:02 AM
(04-03-2013 05:57 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Something we can agree on at last, Heywood. Drinking Beverage

I used to get angry at Ego, especially after he swerved from near-atheism back to his lunatic cult of two. Now I just feel sorry for him, because he is clearly legitimately mentally ill, but his pride and delusion prevent him from recognizing it. He is undoubtedly causing untold damage to his patients (if his claim of being a psychiatric worker is true) and will undoubtedly screw up his own life with this as well. He's over-investing himself in his new religion, and it will bite him in the ass.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll be laughing the whole time.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
04-03-2013, 06:32 AM
(04-03-2013 05:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  Its supposed to be disturbing.

After a year of seeing your contortions, it's just plain crazy.
You don't know when to let go of an idea.
Don't you see that you are the side show freak in this forum?
You've tried nice, you've tried nasty, you've tried to join in as atheist, you've tried bashing atheists, and now you are going through it all over again?
Give it up already, it's not working.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
04-03-2013, 06:36 AM

(04-03-2013 05:57 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Something we can agree on at last, Heywood. Drinking Beverage

I thought about all that. I really did. But if God has given me this gift, and if He has shown me things He hasn't shown others, if he gave me a mind to be a writer, a theologian, and a philosopher, I'm not going to waste it because I'm afraid of what you might think of me. I'm not that kind of person. You see, I have God, so I don't need peer support, which means I don't have to compromise anything.

Feel sorry for me if you want--frankly, I feel luckier than you. I really do.
Quote this message in a reply