The Forum Lounge - Featuring You!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
16-10-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: The Forum Lounge - Featuring You!
(16-10-2015 04:57 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 04:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  Download or hotlink; no audio smarts.

Hmm... I'm not sure how people would feel with downloading interviews and strangers downloading and keeping those files.
But as it stands, strangers can download the audio files, right?
If you're worried, rename it to something no one would download or out it in a password protected zip and post the password here. And what's the problem with strangers downloading the files? We don't even use real names, the most identifying things we reveal are workplace and state/city.
Well, I download them instead of stream them, so it wouldn't matter where you put it, as long as I can download it one way or another.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2015, 05:08 PM
(16-10-2015 05:06 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 04:57 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Hmm... I'm not sure how people would feel with downloading interviews and strangers downloading and keeping those files.
But as it stands, strangers can download the audio files, right?
If you're worried, rename it to something no one would download or out it in a password protected zip and post the password here. And what's the problem with strangers downloading the files? We don't even use real names, the most identifying things we reveal are workplace and state/city.
Well, I download them instead of stream them, so it wouldn't matter where you put it, as long as I can download it one way or another.

As far as I know, soundcloud doesn't allow you to download files.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
16-10-2015, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2015 05:42 PM by Lightvader.)
(16-10-2015 05:08 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 05:06 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  But as it stands, strangers can download the audio files, right?

As far as I know, soundcloud doesn't allow you to download files.
Inspect element , view the network tab(i think that's how it's named) and see which uses the most data. Copy the link and open in new tab or use a download manager.

[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
16-10-2015, 05:23 PM
(16-10-2015 05:20 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(16-10-2015 05:08 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  As far as I know, soundcloud doesn't allow you to download files.
Inspect element , view the network tab(i think that's how it's named) and see which uses the most data. Copy the link and open in new tab or worth a download manager

Hmmm...Okay.

16-10-2015, 08:37 PM
SURPRISE INTERVIEW POST!

Anjele was phenomenal. No real problems with her interview (long pauses that are off putting or connection issues, etc) so I decided that I would just post it as is. Found a good (hopefully) site that doesn't have upload limits or size limits. Anjele'sinterview has been added to the OP and I will continue to work on other interviews, still searching for a really good editing program (might have to migrate things to iMovie and edit that way...) so I can get out Free Thought's and Reltzik's interviews.

Thank you Anj for being such a wonderful guest!

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
16-10-2015, 09:05 PM
Have you tried ocenaudio or mp3directcut? Or take a look at SourceForge in the audio section , all free programs.
(And you can pick up the latest version if audacity, if you haven't tried already)

16-10-2015, 09:07 PM
(16-10-2015 09:05 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Have you tried ocenaudio or mp3directcut? Or take a look at SourceForge in the audio section , all free programs.
(And you can pick up the latest version if audacity, if you haven't tried already)

I think I had the latest version of audacity.

I will check there, thanks for the advice man! When am I going to do your interview?

16-10-2015, 09:21 PM
(16-10-2015 08:37 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  SURPRISE INTERVIEW POST!

Anjele was phenomenal. No real problems with her interview (long pauses that are off putting or connection issues, etc) so I decided that I would just post it as is. Found a good (hopefully) site that doesn't have upload limits or size limits. Anjele'sinterview has been added to the OP and I will continue to work on other interviews, still searching for a really good editing program (might have to migrate things to iMovie and edit that way...) so I can get out Free Thought's and Reltzik's interviews.

Thank you Ato, I could have talked to you for hours!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-10-2015, 09:22 PM
(16-10-2015 09:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Thank you Ato, I could have talked to you for hours!

That's sweet. I would love to do that sometime.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
16-10-2015, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2015 10:00 PM by Free Thought.)

Good interview so far, sounds great. It's nice to hear Anj's voice again too.

Also, just wanted to throw out there that if the tech issues we had are causing enough editing problems, I can do a re-try.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post