The Forum Lounge - Featuring You!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
09-10-2015, 08:33 PM
RE: The Forum Lounge - Featuring You!
(09-10-2015 08:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 08:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Let's just say that to my foreign ears... y'all dun be soundin' real odd.

Believe it or not, I've worked to lessen my accent.

I would say work harder.

But....Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Maybe I'm used to it, but I find KCs accent pretty mild.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-10-2015, 08:36 PM
I am actually a little disappointed...I was hoping for more of a Canadian accent from Stark and more of a drawl or Cajun accent out of KC. Confused

Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-10-2015, 08:37 PM
(09-10-2015 08:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Maybe I'm used to it, but I find KCs accent pretty mild.

It's because of our long phone convos.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-10-2015, 09:13 PM
(09-10-2015 08:16 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 08:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Let's just say that to my foreign ears... y'all dun be soundin' real odd.

Believe it or not, I've worked to lessen my accent.

So I noticed. If I am remembering correctly, aeons ago when last we spoke you did sound a lot worse.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-10-2015, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2015 09:57 PM by DLJ.)
I'm listening now.

Am I the only one who gets confused about which one is speaking?

Blush

EDIT: Thanks KC. That was unexpected and ... well ... y'know.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-10-2015, 10:51 PM
Enjoyed listening to you KingsChosen! You sound nothing like I would have imagined based on your pictures haha. You seem very chill and kind, bet we would get along well as neighbors.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
09-10-2015, 10:59 PM
(07-10-2015 08:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  The Forum Lounge - Featuring You!

Welcome to The Forum Lounge a community project helmed by me, Atothetheist. This is a revival of a project that Dark Light created and hosted back in 2014, but with minor tweaks to the formula. Dark Light's original run (which lasted about three episodes) was about twenty five minutes. The Forum Lounge will be approximately an hour long each, which allows for more varied and in-depth questions and answers.

The purpose of this project was to allow members a chance to be more acquainted with another, get more exposure to each other, and learn something about one another. I think that this is a wonderful chance to foster a new kind of dynamic connection between members that can benefit the community. Also, this project could help newbies or lurkers to get a better picture of the community and could inspire them to be more courageous in this foray into the forum.

This is the thread where episodes will be posted, but feel free to comment and submit user questions that might be used in future interviews as well as suggest certain members that you would love to know more about. This is no longer for just well-known members, but is an opportunity for ANYONE to sign up and get interviewed in order that we might get to know them.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD TELLING ME THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE INTERVIEWED. THATS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS FOR.

If you are interested in this project, please do not hesitate to send me a PM with a time that you could. I would prefer you reserve your spot a few days in advance of the projected interview so that I could get as many users in as possible. I plan on releasing two interviews a week, depending on the abundances of volunteers.

Also, I would like to say that even though three members have been interviewed during DarkLight's run, I am more than willing to have them be re-interviewed with more recent answers to questions and stuff. In fact, I will most likely be interviewed again (by my real life friends) so it can be submitted.

Please submit questions that you might want to know about me or anyone else that will be interviewed.

Disclaimer

I am not a DJ or a radio host, or a professional speaker in any capacity. This is not a professional production, and it is made purely out of the love for this community and the hopes that this can be a key part of it. Please give me and my guests a little leeway in terms of pronunciation and editing.

DARK LIGHT'S EPISODES
1). Atothetheist
2). Tartarus Sauce
3). Vosur

EPISODES

1). Stark Raving
2). Kingschosen

Up Next: earmuffs

Not one of those works for me. It constantly takes me back to Download now???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
10-10-2015, 03:10 AM
(09-10-2015 07:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 07:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just finished listening Thumbsup A2 and KC. Heart

Be honest...

Is my accent really that bad?

I don't have much of an accent myself, but as someone from South Carolina, naw it ain't bad. And you talk at a reasonable speed. Good Lord some people around here talk at like 5 words per minute.
[+] 1 user Likes Dex's post
10-10-2015, 08:31 AM
(09-10-2015 07:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-10-2015 07:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just finished listening Thumbsup A2 and KC. Heart

Be honest...

Is my accent really that bad?

nah. From what you said, I was expecting a lot thicker of an accent. You've got that "country singer" accent and speech pattern. Southern, but understandable.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister