The Forum Lounge - Featuring You!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
14-10-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: The Forum Lounge - Featuring You!
(14-10-2015 12:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Also, if anyone is willing to start off the new program with a topic they would love to talk about, please PM me. I want to do morality or evolution eventually, but I would like to see if anyone has a topic they would like to hear first.

Can anyone recommend good (preferably free) editing software that is relatively easy to use. I have some experience with Sony Vegas (if my gaming videos could be called experience)but I no longer have it.
There's Pinnacle Video Spin but it's not as advanced as the paid ones.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Also thinking about adding some music, and making it a video format with like, slides of images (like let's say they say hey are from a country, I will place an image of their country when they say it, or put up definitions to things they are talking about or links or short clips that would enhance the experience. Would take more time (am considering doing that for this, but will most definitely do it for the other program which will be less frequent) or let's say they reference an event, I find an article on what they are talking about (example, Free Thought Mentioned the Moral Landscape, I post a picture of the book cover with a brief summary so that people aren't lost or whatever.)

Would take a lot of work, which means either more time between episodes (maybe making an interview every two weeks instead of two every one with a purely audio file) or I might have to add someone on the team that I could work with to bring out these episodes. I know people have lives, but I would love to bring a unique kinda of "slide-show interview" format so that it would set us apart from the vanilla podcast. I would redo the original interviews and repost them in video format eventually. If anyone has free time and would love to help out, I would love to have it and make it really something special.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-10-2015, 01:03 PM
Audacity is an awesome free audio exiting tool. Don't know any for video.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
14-10-2015, 01:06 PM
(14-10-2015 01:03 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Audacity is an awesome free audio exiting tool. Don't know any for video.

See, I was using it, then it suddenly crapped out on me. I'll try to do a repair install, but the first attempt wasn't so good. Is there an official site for it so I can trustworthily download it? And if that fails, a site where I can see some technical support for it?

14-10-2015, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2015 01:21 PM by Lightvader.)
(14-10-2015 01:06 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(14-10-2015 01:03 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  Audacity is an awesome free audio exiting tool. Don't know any for video.

See, I was using it, then it suddenly crapped out on me. I'll try to do a repair install, but the first attempt wasn't so good. Is there an official site for it so I can trustworthily download it? And if that fails, a site where I can see some technical support for it?

you can download it from here or directly from sourceforge

support is on one of them. on the audacity forums
btw, have you tried completely uninstalling it then reinstalling ? in my experience, it works better than using "fix broken install" or similar

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
14-10-2015, 01:20 PM
I've enjoyed the two so far. I listen on the way too and from work. It defiantly has been nice to add voices to the personality's. I'm looking forward to the next.

My opinion of the video segments would be they could be a plus, but not necessity. You're aiming to a rather small audience and shouldn't have to break your back trying to reach to tall heights. This is your creation however and you should go where ever your vision takes you.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
14-10-2015, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2015 04:19 PM by Atothetheist.)
(14-10-2015 01:20 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I've enjoyed the two so far. I listen on the way too and from work. It defiantly has been nice to add voices to the personality's. I'm looking forward to the next.

My opinion of the video segments would be they could be a plus, but not necessity. You're aiming to a rather small audience and shouldn't have to break your back trying to reach to tall heights. This is your creation however and you should go where ever your vision takes you.

Well, I view it as a bonus, and as a necessity for those people that might struggle with conveying their thoughts vocally ( English being their second language, I could use the video format to allow a transcription element so that people can understand while allowing you to put a voice and a certain rhetorical way of speaking [a vary valuable insight and privilege I have had the honor to share with you] as well as when they talk about certain foreign political issues, a bit more context could enrich the experience without detracting the quality of the audio for strictly listeners.

I mean, earmuffs talks about foreign things that I think would be greatly beneficial if further context (like pictures of certain things, or annotations to maybe clear up some accent things) would help the listener as well as give me the opportunity to learn new, exciting stuff (whether I'm searching, learning, adding editing and placing the info, photos and audio together myself or watching the finished product when a partner does it for me). Its exciting. I only know of one person who does something similar to what I am trying to do and I was a big fan of his before he changed his priorities to less interesting subjects.

14-10-2015, 01:46 PM
So far this great. It is nice to see a way for us to learn aboot each other.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
14-10-2015, 04:04 PM
(14-10-2015 01:46 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So far this great. It is nice to see a way for us to learn aboot each other.

I read this in Stark's Stonernuk accent.

[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
14-10-2015, 04:35 PM
Stark. You sound so adorable! Listening to the fir st interview.