The Foundations Of Our Faith.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2016, 07:30 AM
RE: The Foundations Of Our Faith.
(06-12-2016 07:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  Shove your condescending bullshit back up your arse. You're a fucking embarrassment to the species.

One day I hope you overcome your hatred and let go of your fears.

(06-12-2016 07:23 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Well, as I say about over-time, 'Sweat it out and think of the money'

Thumbsup

Not to worry though. Should my dander rise I'll cuss well enough.

Big Grin

Everyone curses if their ire is raised at a high enough level, but my point is for you at least it doesn't seem to be your method of first resort.

As for the money, well I've accumulated a bit of debt to family members that need to be payed off so... its like someone giving you a gold coin and then taking that gold away from you the next second :\
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2016, 07:41 AM
At work.

True but then we hardly know one another. Tongue

Big Grin

Thumbsup
06-12-2016, 07:44 AM
Come to Jesus little one. Come to The Bob. The SLACK shall set you free.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-12-2016, 07:44 AM
(06-12-2016 06:17 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 06:08 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  You attempt to limit "faith" to a single meaning/usage. Fuck you.

Faith has many meanings, it would be very insolent of me to only attach one definition to the word. If you can not distinguish between the definitions that is not my fault but your own lack of understanding for the english vocabulary.

Please, be insolent and stick to the proper definition within the context of the argument.

[Image: 63442286.jpg]

Don’t open if you don't like “dirty” words. Smile
[Image: Equivocating.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
06-12-2016, 07:53 AM
(06-12-2016 07:44 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 06:17 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Faith has many meanings, it would be very insolent of me to only attach one definition to the word. If you can not distinguish between the definitions that is not my fault but your own lack of understanding for the english vocabulary.

Please, be insolent and stick to the proper definition within the context of the argument.

The only times I came close with comparing this proclaimed faith of yours to the faith of religion was when I was postulating the very definition of a religion. I mean at its base core a religion is little more than an ideology.

Later on I compared the effects of faith in the face of evidence, I did not say however that official believers believe without evidence though.
06-12-2016, 08:39 AM
(06-12-2016 07:30 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 07:18 AM)morondog Wrote:  Shove your condescending bullshit back up your arse. You're a fucking embarrassment to the species.

One day I hope you overcome your hatred and let go of your fears.

Hate you Rolleyes Despise you, absolutely.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-12-2016, 09:07 AM
(06-12-2016 08:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 07:30 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  One day I hope you overcome your hatred and let go of your fears.

Hate you Rolleyes Despise you, absolutely.

[Image: say-what-you-really-mean-women-s-t-shirt...-shirt.jpg]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2016, 09:10 AM
(06-12-2016 07:53 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 07:44 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Please, be insolent and stick to the proper definition within the context of the argument.

The only times I came close with comparing this proclaimed faith of yours

Let me just STOP you right there. Please cite where I have proclaimed, espoused or heralded anything in my posts that could be construed as faith. I’ll wait.

[Image: waiting1.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-12-2016, 09:14 AM
(06-12-2016 05:58 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  All of you have faith. Not in the government no, but of something much more biblical.

But you haven't said what that is. Care to tell us what "faith" is, and what it is we (irrationally) "believe" in ?

Quote:But I know full well when debating with a Christian, the bible is the primary target to show them the contradictions of their faith. Because if you try proving or disproving a god, you'll always end up in a stalemate because a god can not be proved or disproved.

Not necessarily. Just your bias and prejudice. The Bible is a set of ancient Near Eastern texts. There's nothing to prove or disprove. We know what we know.

Are you mentally ill ? Seriously.
It appears from your writing, you are unable to maintain and communicate a coherent thought.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
06-12-2016, 09:22 AM
There's a difference between having "faith" meaning an inclination towards the hope that everything will turn out for the best, and having A FAITH, meaning a belief that the actions and motivations of a supreme being determine the outcomes of human affairs.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Boston's post