The Funeral for Justice Scalia

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2016, 11:28 AM
The Funeral for Justice Scalia
My husband was scrolling through the TV channels and lands on the funeral for Scalia. He asked me a couple questions about the Catholic funeral mass and then said he was a little disappointed in Fr. Scalia because he was having to read from the book. Husband thought that by now the priest should know the words. I explained that the funeral mass is a little different from other masses.

After about 15 minutes I asked why we were watching a funeral for someone we don't even know. Apparently husband was entranced by the singsong recitation. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-02-2016, 12:48 PM
RE: The Funeral for Justice Scalia
(20-02-2016 11:28 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My husband was scrolling through the TV channels and lands on the funeral for Scalia. He asked me a couple questions about the Catholic funeral mass and then said he was a little disappointed in Fr. Scalia because he was having to read from the book. Husband thought that by now the priest should know the words. I explained that the funeral mass is a little different from other masses.

After about 15 minutes I asked why we were watching a funeral for someone we don't even know. Apparently husband was entranced by the singsong recitation. Facepalm

Oh, if you've never seen it before, Catholic rituals can be interesting. They are just repetitious to us Catholics.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-02-2016, 12:50 PM
(20-02-2016 12:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 11:28 AM)Anjele Wrote:  My husband was scrolling through the TV channels and lands on the funeral for Scalia. He asked me a couple questions about the Catholic funeral mass and then said he was a little disappointed in Fr. Scalia because he was having to read from the book. Husband thought that by now the priest should know the words. I explained that the funeral mass is a little different from other masses.

Oh, if you've never seen it before, Catholic rituals can be interesting. They are just repetitious to us Catholics.

In fairness, he was watching the priest turn the wine into blood and the bread into body...guess it was the magic show that got his attention. FacepalmFacepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
20-02-2016, 12:57 PM
(20-02-2016 12:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 12:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh, if you've never seen it before, Catholic rituals can be interesting. They are just repetitious to us Catholics.

In fairness, he was watching the priest turn the wine into blood and the bread into body...guess it was the magic show that got his attention. FacepalmFacepalm

Did he get to see the part where the priest saws Jesus in half? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
20-02-2016, 01:02 PM
(20-02-2016 12:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 12:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  In fairness, he was watching the priest turn the wine into blood and the bread into body...guess it was the magic show that got his attention. FacepalmFacepalm

Nope...he changed the channel...I already know how it ends. Undecided

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
20-02-2016, 01:06 PM
(20-02-2016 01:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 12:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Did he get to see the part where the priest saws Jesus in half? Consider

Nope...he changed the channel...I already know how it ends. Undecided

With a stunning rendition of this?

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-02-2016, 01:08 PM
This is all very fascinating. Now I can't wait until my Catholic great-grandpa dies, so I can experience this for myself Smile

lol, jk, he already died, and had a standard mourn-by-numbers Christian funeral. Lame

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
20-02-2016, 02:22 PM
(20-02-2016 12:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 12:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  In fairness, he was watching the priest turn the wine into blood and the bread into body...guess it was the magic show that got his attention. FacepalmFacepalm

Well, they actually do that .. in case you were being facetious. At the end of the "canon" the priest holds up the "host" (bread) and breaks it in half.
No magic show is complete without the sawing. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2016, 02:27 PM
(20-02-2016 02:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(20-02-2016 12:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  Did he get to see the part where the priest saws Jesus in half? Consider

Well, they actually do that .. in case you were being facetious. At the end of the "canon" the priest holds up the "host" (bread) and breaks it in half.

Yes - I thought I was being exceptionally clever. Big Grin

My ex was RC so I've been to too many masses.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-02-2016, 02:30 PM
(20-02-2016 02:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Funny, when the priest held up the host I called out...break it in half, break it in half...he didn't do it on camera, at least not the on the channel we had on. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post