The Future of Religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2015, 09:07 AM
RE: The Future of Religion
"The projections take into account the current size and geographic distribution of the world’s major religions, age differences, fertility and mortality rates, international migration and patterns in conversion."

It sounds like a huge part of the projected decline in the unaffiliated percentage in non-European countries or America is the correlation between lower fertility rates and a lack of conversion mechanisms by which atheists or agnostics actively seek out religious people to convert. We need to start breeding like rabbits I guess?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2015, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 12:58 AM by Chas.)
RE: The Future of Religion
(06-04-2015 06:41 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(06-04-2015 05:59 AM)microterf Wrote:  Good read. I do however find it hard to believe that "Unaffiliated" isn't going to grow tremendously worldwide. I think people are only becoming more analytical and skeptical, with the ability of everyone to communicate worldwide, I think it's going to be harder for people to remain isolated in there thinking that they believe their version of religion is correct.

The problem is that religion will grow fastest in the undeveloped portions of the world, where they have less education and access to information. Most of the world's population is in these areas, where religion is alive and well.

Sure, I expect to see non-religion keep growing in the developed world, but we also are reproducing slower.

On the bright side, climate change will result in elevated sea levels and radically altered weather patterns leading to population displacement and mass starvation;
those people, being the most vulnerable, will be dying in droves. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post