The GOP hits a new low

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2013, 03:45 PM
The GOP hits a new low
Congrats to Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX) for bringing the GOP (AKA the "Stupid party") to a whole new level of stupid:

Quote:As the House of Representatives prepares on Tuesday to consider huge legislative restrictions on a woman’s right to choose, one GOP congressman is using the idea that fetuses can masturbate to argue for more abortion restrictions.

On Monday evening, Rep. Michael Burgess (R-TX), an Ob/Gyn by trade, told his colleagues to, “Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful,” as RH Reality Check reports:

Quote:They stroke their face. If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?

The House’s bill uses the scientifically disputed idea that a fetus can feel pain after 20 weeks as the basis for effectively ban all abortions after that time. Several state legislatures have passed similar bans, though just last month an appeals court struck down a ‘fetal pain’ bill in Arizona, finding that the law was unconstitutional under Roe v. Wade.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/0...e-burgess/

Thank you Rep. Burgess for that laugh.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2013, 04:01 PM
RE: The GOP hits a new low
Well... low is kind of relative. This is pretty much another lateral move for them. Dodgy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
21-06-2013, 04:26 PM
I thought masturbation was supposed to be a sin. Wouldn't that be a reason FOR abortion?
[+] 2 users Like FlyingPizzaMonster's post
21-06-2013, 04:45 PM
question : why was he watching a foetus during private time and wouldn't that be classed as being a Voyeur?
[i know its not fully formed and not possible etc but for the sake of a joke i had to ignore it]

really this isn't a new low, its just some more of the same idiocy from the GOP just in different garb

"Villain, i have done thy mother" - Aaron, Act IV, Scene II of Titus Andronicus
21-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Why dosent the IRS just audit him till he goes away?
21-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Wanking is unnatural and evil!....Babies wank it at 20 weeks! Consistency is not a quality the GOP possess.

...Guess this explains all that original sin BS.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user