The Genesis Code

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-05-2011, 12:31 PM
The Genesis Code
This movie may make your head explode.

Check out the trailer:

The 5 min trailer explaining their ideas.

[Image: gil-head-explode-again.gif]

This movie will be coming in a local Church near you soon!

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2011, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2011 02:21 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
RE: The Genesis Code
I would like to go see this to see how much more they get wrong. Lets just assume for shits and giggles that this concept of "P.O.T.S." is viable. I could kind of understand time being relatively different to time today at the beginning of the big bang but how do they justify making the other 5 time bins? Time would have been sufficiently different only until everything expanded enough for matter to condense into atoms. I am also ashamed to admit that Fred Thompson appears in the trailer and he is from my hometown.
I also had some crazy cab driver give me some spiel about how he found a supposed mathematical code in Genesis. It was around 5 am and he was taking me to the airport so I was not really paying attention but he gave some business card promoting it claiming it was published in a peer-reviewed journal. I do not remember which journal and alas I threw the card away a few months ago. I can only imagine it was a religious journal and seeing as how he was still driving a cab after writing about this extraordinary find it must not have been to moving. Also the bible has been translated so many times that any "code" that is present within it is not original...or real.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
17-05-2011, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2011 02:57 PM by UnderTheMicroscope.)
"Almost immediately the first plant and animal life formed" Can we get a check on this please?
"Day 4 the sun, the moon, and the stars appear" O.0 huh?
"Day 5, life is created in the oceans" wha-?
Cambrian explosion - "when every species of land animal literally appear all at the same time."
"Science has proven Genesis..."
T_T I think not.
See Phillhellenes video on meaning in poetry.

And of course they don't look at the details, like the inconsistency between genesis 1 and 2.

Now we're going to entertain my religious movie concept.

Behold the Galaxy! Full of stars, and light and intelligence!
But it was not always like this...
Not long ago it was cold and dark.
So what happened?

[meteor strike]

'Someone' made a decision.
'Someone' looked at a microbe and thought "He could use a longer flagellum, and a pair of pincers too!"
Next thing you know hes king of the ocean.
Then 'Someone' decided he should hit the beach.
Land creatures were born! But life on land is a dicey proposition.

[loud roar]

So 'Someone' looked at our hero and said "He needs to be able to defend himself".
As the saying goes, If you can't beat 'em, eat 'em.
But survival depends on numbers, so 'Someone' decided to make our champs irresistible to the opposite sex.

[Romantic music]

Now we're talking!... or mating as the case may be.
Theres strength in numbers, but there is strength in sharp weaponry as well

[tribal drums]

Ironically enough, this led to what we call 'Civilization'
But civilization meant more competition for just about everything.
Happily, 'Someone' pulled our species aside and said "You guys need to chill out and unify this planet!" and so we did!

[Mushroom cloud]

Then they built starship's, and set out to conquer the galaxy!

[awe inspired music]

But what they never realized was that all along the way,
from humble microbes to starship captains...

'Someone' had guided them at every turn...

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
[+] 1 user Likes UnderTheMicroscope's post
17-05-2011, 02:45 PM
(17-05-2011 02:35 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  "Almost immediately the first plant and animal life formed" Can we get a check on this please?
"Day 4 the sun, the moon, and the stars appear" O.0 huh?
"Day 5, life is created in the oceans" wha-?
Cambrian explosion - "when every species of land animal literally appear all at the same time."
"Science has proven Genesis..."
T_T I think not.
See Phillhellenes video on meaning in poetry.

And of course they don't look at the details, like the inconsistency between genesis 1 and 2.

Land plants did not arise until after the Cambrian explosion. The Cambrian explosion is characterized by the sudden appearance of a more diverse marine ecosystem. It was not until the Ordovician that any lifeform likely began to infringe upon land. They tried saying that the sun, moon and stars first appeared from the SURFACE of the earth at this time because of some atmospheric interference...despite the fact that these plants they say lived on land need light...

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
17-05-2011, 03:00 PM
(17-05-2011 02:45 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  They tried saying that the sun, moon and stars first appeared from the SURFACE of the earth at this time because of some atmospheric interference...

Even though later they say that the sun first appear to through the clouds...
Typical creationist inconsistency T_T

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
17-05-2011, 03:34 PM
First, I believe this movie should be rated NC-17. Because no child, with or without an adult, should be seeing this movie.

And second, I love how Christianity always tries to put itself on the same pedestal with Science. They try to make it look like there's these "two competing ideas and we're trying to figure out which one is right."

To them, it looks like this (my attempt to make text pedestals):

Christianity VS Science
\/
(Every other religion's origin theory)

When in fact to rational people it looks more like this:

Science
\/
(All religious origin theories)

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
17-05-2011, 10:10 PM

The twist ending is that all the professors are fired for gross incompetence and the students fail their courses. Either that or these people are stupid enough to misrepresent both sides of the argument making one awful double strawman. The youtube comments are making my head hurt, better stop now before my head explodes.
Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2011, 01:51 AM (This post was last modified: 18-05-2011 02:09 AM by daemonowner.)
Science and religion aren't in conflict. Lol. TELL THAT TO THE FUCKING HISTORY OF MANKIND!
"Is it 6 days, or 16 billion years?" Neither.
Every land animal species appeared at the same time? Bullshit. These people are by no means scientists.
250 million years ago? I think he's refering to the mass extinction of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. Mammals didn't become that common after the permian-triassic extinction event, given that their predators were still present.
Science has not proven genesis. The interpretation of genesis has become so vague that no matter what we were to discover, it would always seem to vindicate genesis.
And for crying out loud. The universe is not >15 billions years old. Its 13.72.

Thanks for the post, Doctor.. Its been a while sinced I facepalmed.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
19-05-2011, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2011 04:52 AM by DeepThought.)
So this is a new wellspring of bullshit to debunk! That's the benefit of Creationism. All you need to do is make up a hypothesis, play on the emotions of the audience, and make it look convincing on the surface for the scientifically illiterate.

There's no actual science involved, it's just telling a story and hooking the audience.
I was wondering what place like Answers in Genesis and Discovery Institute have been spending their time and money on all these years. I have heard a "Speed of Light was faster in the past" argument before though, and it sounds similar to the "pots."
Its how some creationists try to explain away the galaxies millions of light years away..

I just don't buy it. If the speed of light changes how would you know? Isn't your experience of time tied to 'C' in some way? Wouldn't time go by faster if C was faster?
I mean speed is measured by units of time so it's nonsensical to say that to the speed of light changes since if it did it wouldn't it be self negating? How would you measure that?

Like Einstein's law of relativity and the twin paradox, etc.

Is there a Physicist here that can clarify this?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
19-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Did they actually put this idea forth, or did they just decide to bypass their humiliation in the scientific community and try to convince the general public of this? And the worst part is that a good part of the public will probably eat it up because they don't have the proper educational background to realize this is crap.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!