The Genesis Code

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2011, 09:03 AM

RE: The Genesis Code
(17-05-2011 12:31 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  This movie will be coming in a local Church near you soon!
So we should reserve our seats now? Tongue

Actually, it was suppose to premier in Theaters in February, at 135 minutes in length! Wow!

'The Genesis Code' barely escapes being buried by very weighty material

It's fascinating to watch how easily people can be led to believe false science, to bolster what they think counters the eeevil of evolution, so as to defend and uphold that which they believe is a fact as god's creation.
Adults who believe in invisible friends, have a serious problem already. But when Fundamentalist Christians rewrite what is a Neo-Creationist myth and then attach, "Science" to it as if that single word gains it entry into that system, it's almost laughable.
Intelligent Design! Ergo, there must be an intelligent designer. And that inspires a return to the question of the ages. What designed the designer?
Because having real answers is simply unacceptable, when myth fits all the right gaping holes in a persons sense of self and psyche.

I wonder what the final box office was on this film?
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2011, 10:25 AM

"Something new called the Genesis code!" total absurdity with no further explanation...
"Brutal hockey scene." Irrelevant footage to promote excitement and mob mentality...

Marketing 101: Garbage product next to hot advertiser = awesome product.
19-05-2011, 12:10 PM
(18-05-2011 01:51 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  Science and religion aren't in conflict. Lol. TELL THAT TO THE FUCKING HISTORY OF MANKIND!
"Is it 6 days, or 16 billion years?" Neither.
Every land animal species appeared at the same time? Bullshit. These people are by no means scientists.
250 million years ago? I think he's refering to the mass extinction of the dinosaurs 65 million years ago. Mammals didn't become that common after the permian-triassic extinction event, given that their predators were still present.
Science has not proven genesis. The interpretation of genesis has become so vague that no matter what we were to discover, it would always seem to vindicate genesis.
And for crying out loud. The universe is not >15 billions years old. Its 13.72.

Thanks for the post, Doctor.. Its been a while sinced I facepalmed.

250Ma was the Permo-Triassic extinction event that caused the greatest drop in diversity ever. Something like 96% of all marine species went extinct at that boundary. 65Ma is the K-T event (Cretaceous-Tertiary [Tertiary is now an outdated name and instead it is referred to as the Paleogene but K-T sound better than K-P)]) that wiped out the dinosaurs. Around 50Ma is when mammals first began to take over as the dominant terrestrial megafauna.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2011, 12:54 PM
(19-05-2011 08:01 AM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  Did they actually put this idea forth, or did they just decide to bypass their humiliation in the scientific community and try to convince the general public of this? And the worst part is that a good part of the public will probably eat it up because they don't have the proper educational background to realize this is crap.

Yeah, that's what I'm of afraid too. There are alot of people in doubt that haven't made the effort studying the stupidity of religion. A funny, pseudo-scientific movie might make them switch sides without realizing their error.

Well, I hope the producers will prove the scientific value of the bible by camping for 3 days in a whale stomach.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
19-05-2011, 01:06 PM
"Science is finally catching up with the bible."

That is like saying an ink jet printer is almost as good as a cave painting.

Is this place still a shithole run by a dumbass calvinist?
19-05-2011, 01:15 PM
<uh?> <wah?>
Can someone tell me what happened in the trailer? I fell asleep...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
19-05-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:Almost immediately the first plant and animal life formed"

"Day 4 the sun, the moon, and the stars appear"
Plant and animal life appeared and then four days later the sun showed up! Critters and foliage in the dark.
Yeahhh, I get that. *cough*

Does it bother anyone else to now think about those articles out there that claim there are Scientists who are Christian? Undecided
20-05-2011, 01:28 AM
This is too stupid to be funny. I have no comment on the movie, if you can call it that. But as for Christian scientists, it is possible, why not, as long as that Christian is not Creationist and/or ID-er. Vatican has it's own astro-lab and observatory. And you can believe in God and Bible and still be a scientist, as long as you don't accept the Bible literally. I know a lot of doctors (medicine) who believe in God and go to church and they are still great surgeons, doctors, psychiatrists...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A response to Answers In Genesis: Why would an Evolutionist Become a Doctor Metazoa Zeke 6 312 09-03-2014 06:09 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Response to Answers In Genesis: Order in the Fossil Record Metazoa Zeke 0 259 02-03-2014 11:21 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Genesis graphic novel ghostexorcist 3 819 24-06-2011 01:11 PM
Last Post: Observer