The Genesis revelation nobody caught on to

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 02:48 PM by Janus.)
The Genesis revelation nobody caught on to
So God created a perfect creation, "and He saw that is was good". But after 10 generations – a mere blink of an eye in eternity – He changed His mind, turned around and decided His own creation suddenly was "not good" anymore and needed to be destroyed?

I swear my ex had exactly the same symptoms! That's typically 'PMS', Pre Menstrual Syndrome! It's HELL!

So what do we learn from Genesis? Indeed: that God is a fickle WOMAN! One who – like all other women – is capable of changing Her tune in a heartbeat. With no regard for the people, flora and fauna, logic, morals or pledges.
'Contracts' with Her aren't worth the stone tablets they were written on.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Janus's post
16-12-2012, 03:28 PM
RE: The Genesis revelation nobody caught on to
You want a tea? A smoke? There there... just relax. Calm down.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
16-12-2012, 03:36 PM
(16-12-2012 02:34 PM)Janus Wrote:  So God created a perfect creation, "and He saw that is was good". But after 10 generations – a mere blink of an eye in eternity – He changed His mind, turned around and decided His own creation suddenly was "not good" anymore and needed to be destroyed?

I swear my ex had exactly the same symptoms! That's typically 'PMS', Pre Menstrual Syndrome! It's HELL!

So what do we learn from Genesis? Indeed: that God is a fickle WOMAN! One who – like all other women – is capable of changing Her tune in a heartbeat. With no regard for the people, flora and fauna, logic, morals or pledges.
Well I don't know if we specifically know anything from genesis... but I think the word play is entertaining. Laughat
16-12-2012, 03:41 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 03:58 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
Oh, so the pronoun 'He' which is used all the time, and never 'She' for the biblical god really was just an archaic typo. Several several times.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
16-12-2012, 05:08 PM
(16-12-2012 02:34 PM)Janus Wrote:  So God created a perfect creation, "and He saw that is was good". But after 10 generations – a mere blink of an eye in eternity – He changed His mind, turned around and decided His own creation suddenly was "not good" anymore and needed to be destroyed?

Ugh. Conclusion from stereotype. I'm not a woman, but I'm still offended.

It didn't even take 10 generations... God seemed pretty pissed with Adam and Eve, and it's easy enough to deduce a conclusion that He no longer saw that "they were good". But it does strike me as reckless that He'd use up his "humanity reset" before Jersey Shore became popular television.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
16-12-2012, 05:17 PM
(16-12-2012 05:08 PM)Starcrash Wrote:  it does strike me as reckless that He'd use up his "humanity reset" before Jersey Shore became popular television.

Yeah, imagining Snooki as the Holy Virgin Mary requires some mental gymnastics. But I'm sure the church would find a way to smooth things over.
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
16-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Citation needed:
Please show me in the Bible where God created humans "perfect".

"Good" is also in relation to an accordance of something aka a plan.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
16-12-2012, 09:35 PM

Breath in breath out, count to ten and repeat

Women are our friends

Women are just like you with all the emotions and thoughts you have, and just because you've had bad experinces doesn't mean that all women are that way.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
17-12-2012, 12:12 AM
(16-12-2012 09:35 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  

Breath in breath out, count to ten and repeat

Women are our friends

Women are just like you with all the emotions and thoughts you have, and just because you've had bad experinces doesn't mean that all women are that way.

Hey man, wake up!
90210, Friends, Sex and the city, and Jersey Shore aren't real life, you know!
17-12-2012, 12:56 AM
(17-12-2012 12:12 AM)Janus Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 09:35 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Breath in breath out, count to ten and repeat

Women are our friends

Hey man, wake up!
90210, Friends, Sex and the city, and Jersey Shore aren't real life, you know!
Big Grin
That's exactly my point.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  'Revelation'...It's Happening Right Now! The World Is Going To End Any Day Now! WindyCityJazz 42 1,267 07-06-2014 10:32 PM
Last Post: UndercoverAtheist
  genesis goldenmustache 127 2,391 18-02-2014 08:20 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  So, I just read Answers in Genesis's "how do we know there is a God? Can_of_Beans 12 486 21-11-2013 12:36 AM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  question re: biblical revelation Takelababy 1 173 15-07-2013 12:13 PM
Last Post: Atheist_pilgrim
  Genesis, Noah & Santa Claus Rahn127 9 381 22-06-2013 12:30 PM
Last Post: kim
  Genesis Chapter 1 David Lee 52 2,063 21-06-2013 11:48 PM
Last Post: Starcrash
  Answers in Genesis DLJ 0 231 01-04-2013 12:13 AM
Last Post: DLJ