The Genesis revelation nobody caught on to

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2012, 02:22 PM
RE: The Genesis revelation nobody caught on to
(19-12-2012 02:17 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  I think you men just make PMS up so you have an excuse to be rude, I don't see it.
Actually it is total BS. TOTAL. And the jokes are getting old. The fact that the guys above seem to have only gone out with... well, I'm not one to use bad language... doesn't mean it was PMS that was making the poor souls who were forced to put up with them act out. Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-12-2012, 03:10 PM
(19-12-2012 02:22 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-12-2012 02:17 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  I think you men just make PMS up so you have an excuse to be rude, I don't see it.
Actually it is total BS. TOTAL. And the jokes are getting old. The fact that the guys above seem to have only gone out with... well, I'm not one to use bad language... doesn't mean it was PMS that was making the poor souls who were forced to put up with them act out. Drinking Beverage

Exactly. Even pregnancy hormones have only a subtle effect on emotion, unlike "I don't want to deal with you and your strong feelings/ideas so I'm going to blame them on our difference."

Though silly, I find it as funny to tease about as when we tease men about grunting instead of talking. I have no idea what it has to do with the topic at hand, but hey, all in good fun.
19-12-2012, 03:16 PM
(19-12-2012 03:10 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  Exactly. Even pregnancy hormones have only a subtle effect on emotion, unlike "I don't want to deal with you and your strong feelings/ideas so I'm going to blame them on our difference."

Though silly, I find it as funny to tease about as when we tease men about grunting instead of talking. I have no idea what it has to do with the topic at hand, but hey, all in good fun.
I don't care one way or the other, as long as people do not actually believe it's true. Actually, scratch that. As long as people I associate with don't believe it's true. The rest may believe whatever they want Drinking Beverage

It's just that I generally find jokes that stereotype either of the sexes kinda unfunny. And very trite. Generally speaking, of course. There are always exceptions.

(You stick around long enough and you'll see that pretty much all threads here end up some place completely different from where they started Tongue )

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-12-2012, 04:46 PM
She seems to have an invisible touch, yeah
She reaches in, and grabs right hold of your heart
It takes control and slowly tears you apart.

Hmmm, that's probably not what the title of this thread was talking about. Maybe I'm just in a land of confusion. I guess I'm just throwing it all away.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 2 users Like Aseptic Skeptic's post
19-12-2012, 05:30 PM
(19-12-2012 03:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  (You stick around long enough and you'll see that pretty much all threads here end up some place completely different from where they started Tongue )

Ah yes, the dreaded Wandering Pandemic of Fora, never met a forum that wasn't infected.
19-12-2012, 05:42 PM
(19-12-2012 04:46 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  She seems to have an invisible touch, yeah
She reaches in, and grabs right hold of your heart
It takes control and slowly tears you apart.

Hmmm, that's probably not what the title of this thread was talking about. Maybe I'm just in a land of confusion. I guess I'm just throwing it all away.

I see what you did there.

(unless I am Misunderstanding)

19-12-2012, 05:45 PM
(19-12-2012 03:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  ...
It's just that I generally find jokes that stereotype either of the sexes kinda unfunny. And very trite.

Rolleyes

Pah!

Women.... I dunno.

Drinking Beverage

20-12-2012, 02:13 AM
(19-12-2012 05:45 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Women.... I dunno.
No. No, you don't Drinking Beverage

21-12-2012, 09:44 AM
(16-12-2012 02:34 PM)Janus Wrote:  So God created a perfect creation, "and He saw that is was good". But after 10 generations – a mere blink of an eye in eternity – He changed His mind, turned around and decided His own creation suddenly was "not good" anymore and needed to be destroyed?

I swear my ex had exactly the same symptoms! That's typically 'PMS', Pre Menstrual Syndrome! It's HELL!

So what do we learn from Genesis? Indeed: that God is a fickle WOMAN! One who – like all other women – is capable of changing Her tune in a heartbeat. With no regard for the people, flora and fauna, logic, morals or pledges.
'Contracts' with Her aren't worth the stone tablets they were written on.
Ouch. Really? I agree with your reference to God in the Old Testament flood story, but that is not a good way to view women. Some of us are reasonable. PMS is largely over-rated and is made bigger than what it is by media... and, like men, there are just some women that are not reasonable.
I have seen too many cases of men becoming extremely pissy and all "Let's fight". All of my exes would become very emotional and would yell or flail their arms about every time I did not agree with them. Yes, really.
I guess there is a male version of PMS, too.
But onto what you said about the Old Testament God. Yes, even in my peak Christianity years, I did not see the point in God creating people and then drowning them all (Aside from Noah and his family) because they were too evil to keep around. My sister and I were talking about that a week ago. She is still a Christian - and I don't even know what I am right now - but we both decided that most, if not all, of the Old Testatment is no better than a story.
Besides, Moses wrote the book of Genesis. He was born long, long, after the world was supposedly created six to eight thousand years ago. Why wouldn't Adam, Eve or one of their children write about creation? Fail! Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Flowergurl's post
21-12-2012, 09:48 AM
(19-12-2012 03:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(19-12-2012 03:10 PM)ScienceGeek2587 Wrote:  Exactly. Even pregnancy hormones have only a subtle effect on emotion, unlike "I don't want to deal with you and your strong feelings/ideas so I'm going to blame them on our difference."

I don't care one way or the other, as long as people do not actually believe it's true. Actually, scratch that. As long as people I associate with don't believe it's true. The rest may believe whatever they want Drinking Beverage

It's just that I generally find jokes that stereotype either of the sexes kinda unfunny. And very trite. Generally speaking, of course. There are always exceptions.

(You stick around long enough and you'll see that pretty much all threads here end up some place completely different from where they started Tongue )
Thank you, Vera.