The Genocide That Never Happened

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2011, 06:13 PM
The Genocide That Never Happened
Recently I watched NOVA's The Bible's Buried Secrets.

For a basic sum up of the contents: the archeological evidence uncovered in the region tells a very different story of Israel than the one in the Bible.

People wandering into the central area of Canaan made a new culture for themselves. There happened to be ruins from ancient cities all over the place, so they concocted this fantasy about being the cause of all the ruins. They are the people that they claim to have massacred. The Exodus from Egypt is pure fantasy. While slaves escaping into Canaan likely did happen, it didn't happen in the numbers described or in the way that was described. The character of Moses likely never existed, like the characters of Merlin and King Arthur.

One of the most graphic, horrific, disgusting slaughters of our fellow man ever described - never happened. YAY!

My Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like dreamingfifi's post
20-12-2011, 03:04 AM
RE: The Genocide That Never Happened
Never trust a Jew!!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-12-2011, 08:23 AM
And yet another bible story proven wrong. Huh. I think I'm starting to notice a pattern here.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
07-01-2012, 09:43 AM
That honestly sounds like something more real, if not a little brash of comedy.
07-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Looks like a excellent video.

I watched some other videos on this a month ago or so, I'm not sure who it was by exactly I'm sure I may have bookmarked somewhere amidst various videos.

It mentioned there is archaeological evidence of types of counterculture pottery and figures that show the Hebrews could of been a lower class of people underneath the Canaanite rule. It examines the lost Canannite cities that look to be overthrows from within in a class struggle and not an outward takedown.

I wonder how Christians would spin being confronted with more quirky evidence against their Religions fatherly origin.
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
20-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Is it possible that the Hebrew survents overthrew their masters? It seems likely. Which would make all those biblical passages about being a good little slave hypocritical. Gee whiz, religious hypocrites; who could have thought of such a thing?????
21-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Na, there's another one, a French vid... the hieroglyphs spread out over Egypt seem to amount to government accounting. The Bible may be the first manufactured identity in Western history; that leaning the written word is actually a form of directed evolution, "word of god" seems likely to be a necessary step in cultural evolution.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-02-2012, 10:04 AM
After watching Nova's Buried Secrets of the Bible, I was searching everywhere for the thread that originally discussed it.

No wonder I couldn't find it. The thread title was obfuscatory. Undecided

Anyway...good documentary. Not a lot of new information, even though presented as so. True Believers would have a lot of cognitive dissonance after watching this and not letting the truth open their minds.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-02-2012, 11:00 AM
(21-02-2012 10:04 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  After watching Nova's Buried Secrets of the Bible, I was searching everywhere for the thread that originally discussed it.

No wonder I couldn't find it. The thread title was obfuscatory. Undecided

Anyway...good documentary. Not a lot of new information, even though presented as so. True Believers would have a lot of cognitive dissonance after watching this and not letting the truth open their minds.

The truth is creative fiction. The Egyptians had the Hebrews pegged as exploiters, so they wrote themselves a new past. It was the necessary lie; the encoding of law in the written word.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-03-2012, 11:07 AM
You know what? I've been saying this exact same thing for days now and no one believes me! I've even given evidence for my side! (some of it original thought) and then they believe you just out of hand?

Sad