The Genre of Genesis Part 1 (podcast)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 09:07 AM
The Genre of Genesis Part 1 (podcast)
My brother did a podcast concerning Ancient Near East history and how it relates to Genesis.

Warning: theology stuff inside; this is also directed towards Christians, so it may not be relevant to some of you. The ones who are interested in differing theological views of Genesis and origins may find it interesting, though.

If you have questions regarding any information conveyed, leave them here and I will get them back to my brother... maybe we can have a Q&A in Part 2.

Part 1

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
14-07-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: The Genre of Genesis Part 1 (podcast)
Thanks for posting, KC. I like listening to all different perspectives. Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
14-07-2015, 09:17 AM
Does your brother have a background in Ancient Near East history? I am reading a book on Genesis now written by Christian scholars who offer several different interpretations on Gen. 1-11.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
14-07-2015, 09:58 AM
(14-07-2015 09:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Does your brother have a background in Ancient Near East history? I am reading a book on Genesis now written by Christian scholars who offer several different interpretations on Gen. 1-11.

He does.

He has a duel Masters in Divinity. I'll ask him his educational background in it.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
14-07-2015, 11:13 AM
(14-07-2015 09:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
Masters in Divinity Laughat

Sounds like a Marvel comic.

Big Grin

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
14-07-2015, 11:22 AM
(14-07-2015 09:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He has a duel Masters in Divinity. I'll ask him his educational background in it.

What's his choice of weapons?
Doc
[+] 4 users Like docskeptic's post
16-07-2015, 06:47 AM
(14-07-2015 09:17 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Does your brother have a background in Ancient Near East history? I am reading a book on Genesis now written by Christian scholars who offer several different interpretations on Gen. 1-11.

He began his PHD in it. Specifically, ANE history and Genesis. And, then he got fired from the church and moved back home. So, that ended that.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
16-07-2015, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2015 07:02 AM by Banjo.)
I am not really interested in Genesis until Selling England by the pound.

Tongue

Sorry KC. i am just in à light hearted mood. And high on morphine. Smile

[Image: 81m0ZN5P4ZL._SL1300_.jpg]

But seriously, was he fired because his interest in history proved the bible to be false?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
16-07-2015, 07:50 AM
lol, it's okay.

And no, I think it had something to do with him not wanting to conform to feel good preaching just to get people's money and/or getting people to stay in the church. He wanted to do outreach, but those people didn't "give" so he was told to not chase that.

Also, his Calvinistic views got him in trouble with the Baptists as well as his "liberal" views on Genesis and evolution.

More or less, they didn't like it when he explored Christianity that didn't line up with Southern Baptists.

16-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Oh okay. He sounds like a decent bloke. All the best to him. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.