The Gift of Conception

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2013, 11:09 AM
The Gift of Conception
Many religions subscribe to the idea that god is in charge of granting life. You could have the swankiest sperm and the sluttiest egg but without gods magic wand no child is forthcoming. To these people a child is truly a blessing and gift from god.

I have always wondered how christians reconcile this belief with conception from sin.
God is not so keen on pre-maritial sex but millions of children are born every year to unwed parents. Why would god grant the gift of life to such sinners?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2013, 11:19 AM
RE: The Gift of Conception
Interesting concept...I'd also like to know how this god allows pregnancy as the result of rape.

I knew a woman years ago who got pregnant as the result of a rape. Due to pressures by society and religion she had and kept the baby. The baby then died of SIDS...god sure is good, isn't he?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
06-07-2013, 11:28 AM
conception is never to god even though it would seem that god enjoy pretending it by shouting being the master of death and life condition of any living being

but conception has nothing to do with being when being even individually is due to reality of all beings so the individual conception is always the freedom that the person could b relatively aware of or not

what is a conception??

when existence is true then free life is a result
then free senses are of anything n anywhere

that free sense is by conception or conceptualisation of objective existence being true and its own free sense being positive, where those two matchs it is one conception of free stand sense

this belong to us not to god
19-07-2013, 04:13 AM
ha good points. Original sin is a nutty concept. I can embrace the idea of a fall more than I can original sin. I can at least imagine or envision the world being one time a paradise, but it fell by some men's sin but being "born in sin", rather than simply into a sinful world, that is hard to grasp. I like the indo-aryan concept of original nobility. Anyways, I can also understand how people would prefer children to come from two parent committed relationships, marriage or not, and so pregnancy from single people is discouraged and frowned upon and prevention is desired, yet at the same time, when a child does come, it is a cause for celebration, because children are a gift if not of god then of the universe, of life itself, continuing. So it's like "don't do it, don't get pregnant. Oh your pregnant, congratulations!!!" and I can totally understand that paradox. I want to know why only white nations people are using birth control and the rest of the world thanks to the catholic church is not. I want all the white women to be pregnant, married or not! Smile This is not about hate, it's about Love and self love, love love love, there is nothing like love, let's be positive, let's be free, let's not sink to their level! Original nobility, frown on religion for sure and be patient with the sufferers of religion. they are simply imprisoned souls. Don't try to proselytize atheism (if you don't want to) yet still realize you are an ambassador! Think: how are you coming across? Are you inspiring others, like dawkins or hitchens? Peace and love