The Glory Days

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 06:53 AM
The Glory Days
When you feel fed up of the christian oppression of the US, Europe or UK and indeed Syria then allow me to remind you of the good ol' days.

This is how it should be done with the christers ? Heart Love science I do!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSR_anti-...2%80%9341)

"This campaign, like the campaigns of other periods that formed the basis of the USSR's efforts to eliminate religion and replace it with atheism supported with a materialist world view"

"In 1928 Anatoly Lunacharsky, under the pressure of leftist Marxists, agreed to an entirely anti-religious education from the first grade up, however, he still warned against a general expulsion of teachers with religious beliefs due to the shortage of atheist teachers. In 1929 an Agitprop conference resolved to intensify anti-religious work throughout the education system. This led to the setting-up of anti-religious sections at all research and higher education teaching institutions. A special anti-religious faculty was instituted at the Institute of Red Professors in 1929.

A campaign was led against schoolteachers of the old intelligentsia who were asserted to be working against the system and were even allowing priests to spiritually influence schoolchildren. Teachers accused of such could be fired, and in most cases were imprisoned or exiled.

Believers in the ranks of top soviet scholars were identified by name in the antireligious press. This labeling led to the 1929–1930 purge of the Russian Academy of Sciences, where up to 100 scholars, their assistants and graduate students were arrested on forged charges and given sentences that range from three years of internal exile to the death penalty. Most of them subsequently perished in camps or in prison. One of the aims of this purge was to take away the church's intellectuals and to assist the propaganda that only backward people believed in God."

My favorite bit

"Religious behaviour was presented in the official propaganda as being linked to psychological disorders and even criminal behaviour. Textbooks for schoolchildren tried to evoke contempt for believers; pilgrims were depicted as morons, repulsive-looking alcoholics, syphilitics, plain cheaters and money-grubbing clergy"

A bit similar to nazi propaganda against homosexuals. I love science though.
Did I say how much I love science? Heart

Anyway a bit of nostalgia for your there to brighten your day. Good times 'sighs' All us good atheists and lovers of science can only dream of such days again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 07:11 AM
RE: The Glory Days
You'd do better to just present what you believe honestly. You don't do sarcasm well.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
13-09-2016, 07:16 AM
(13-09-2016 07:11 AM)unfogged Wrote:  You'd do better to just present what you believe honestly. You don't do sarcasm well.

I believe in science and atheism. That's all. If you doubt my sincerity have an inquisition like those mentally ill christians or something but us atheists are better than that.
13-09-2016, 07:33 AM
(13-09-2016 07:16 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I believe in science and atheism. That's all. If you doubt my sincerity have an inquisition like those mentally ill christians or something but us atheists are better than that.

The quotes you posted describe an inquisition, you idiot.

(13-09-2016 06:53 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  When you feel fed up of the christian oppression of the US, Europe or UK and indeed Syria then allow me to remind you of the good ol' days.

This is how it should be done with the christers ?

Umm, no. The only person advocating inquisition, purges, torture, imprisonment, execution and genocide is YOU.

(13-09-2016 07:16 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  A bit similar to nazi propaganda against homosexuals. I love science though.
Did I say how much I love science?

You are not describing science. You are describing pseudoscience and propaganda that was used to instigate genocide.

(13-09-2016 07:16 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Anyway a bit of nostalgia for your there to brighten your day. Good times 'sighs' All us good atheists and lovers of science can only dream of such days again.

I smell a troll.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
13-09-2016, 07:37 AM
(13-09-2016 07:16 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 07:11 AM)unfogged Wrote:  You'd do better to just present what you believe honestly. You don't do sarcasm well.

I believe in science and atheism. That's all. If you doubt my sincerity have an inquisition like those mentally ill christians or something but us atheists are better than that.

I believe that you are a fine example of the hypocrisy that Christianity fosters. To quote the RocDoc, "Lying for Jesus is still lying".

[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
13-09-2016, 07:44 AM
I am confused. I need to get with the science ; sorry guys. The atheists in the Soviet Union were in fact undercover catholic inquisitors. Hmm nice one guys. I hope to learn to love science and truth when I become a more experienced atheist.
13-09-2016, 07:52 AM
(13-09-2016 07:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I am confused. I need to get with the science ; sorry guys. The atheists in the Soviet Union were in fact undercover catholic inquisitors. Hmm nice one guys. I hope to learn to love science and truth when I become a more experienced atheist.

I thought you already loved science. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
13-09-2016, 07:58 AM
(13-09-2016 07:33 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 07:16 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I believe in science and atheism. That's all. If you doubt my sincerity have an inquisition like those mentally ill christians or something but us atheists are better than that.

The quotes you posted describe an inquisition, you idiot.

(13-09-2016 06:53 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  When you feel fed up of the christian oppression of the US, Europe or UK and indeed Syria then allow me to remind you of the good ol' days.

This is how it should be done with the christers ?

Umm, no. The only person advocating inquisition, purges, torture, imprisonment, execution and genocide is YOU.

(13-09-2016 07:16 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  A bit similar to nazi propaganda against homosexuals. I love science though.
Did I say how much I love science?

You are not describing science. You are describing pseudoscience and propaganda that was used to instigate genocide.

(13-09-2016 07:16 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Anyway a bit of nostalgia for your there to brighten your day. Good times 'sighs' All us good atheists and lovers of science can only dream of such days again.

I smell a troll.

(13-09-2016 07:52 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 07:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I am confused. I need to get with the science ; sorry guys. The atheists in the Soviet Union were in fact undercover catholic inquisitors. Hmm nice one guys. I hope to learn to love science and truth when I become a more experienced atheist.

From the feedback it seems not to the standard required for me to be an accepted atheist. I didn't even know that the soviet union was a catholic theocracy that genocide my atheists brother and sisters until I was told here. I have much learning to do before I can become a true atheist and I am feeling emotional right now because I thought I was scientific and stuff but I now know I have so much to learn.

Teach me about atheism and be my guide.
13-09-2016, 08:10 AM
(13-09-2016 07:58 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Teach me about atheism and be my guide.

First, stand in a corner, look at the wall and repeat 100x : Persecuting people is a bad thing.

You lack empathy and morals.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
13-09-2016, 08:14 AM
(13-09-2016 07:52 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  

It's actually pretty funny watching somebody attacking their caricature of atheism.

[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post