The Glory Days

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2016, 10:46 AM
RE: The Glory Days
(15-09-2016 10:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 10:36 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  That's the best you've got?

One poster made a comparison in that thread. It was also in the most hypothetical sense. One sentence, by one poster, in one thread.

This is what you compare with a government organization that enacted a nation spanning plan of wholesale genocide and persecution.

A plan that you yourself enthusiastically support and advocate re-enacting.

You lose.

Again.

You are asking me to compare culture? You think I am saying modern atheists are time travelers and that's the type of evidence you want?

I am just showing that the violent and derogatory of modern atheists towards the religious is quite similar to that in soviet russia and other communist countries. So similar in fact I showed a specific example on another atheist on this site that has almost an identifical attitude.

Atheism is a culture like the religions in some ways but you guys are mental slaves to it and don't even know it. All I can do is try and open your eyes.

I thought you were an atheist?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2016, 11:01 AM
(15-09-2016 10:46 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 10:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  You are asking me to compare culture? You think I am saying modern atheists are time travelers and that's the type of evidence you want?

I am just showing that the violent and derogatory of modern atheists towards the religious is quite similar to that in soviet russia and other communist countries. So similar in fact I showed a specific example on another atheist on this site that has almost an identifical attitude.

Atheism is a culture like the religions in some ways but you guys are mental slaves to it and don't even know it. All I can do is try and open your eyes.

I thought you were an atheist?

I thought you and the pack deemed be a theist? In any case yes I am but what makes me different to the others is I am an HONEST atheist who recognizes our history rather than only looking at christians like a biased tiresome pack animal atheist.
15-09-2016, 11:09 AM
(15-09-2016 11:01 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 10:46 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I thought you were an atheist?

I thought you and the pack deemed be a theist? In any case yes I am but what makes me different to the others is I am an HONEST atheist who recognizes our history rather than only looking at christians like a biased tiresome pack animal atheist.

Honest? Heh....
15-09-2016, 11:16 AM
(15-09-2016 11:09 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 11:01 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I thought you and the pack deemed be a theist? In any case yes I am but what makes me different to the others is I am an HONEST atheist who recognizes our history rather than only looking at christians like a biased tiresome pack animal atheist.

Honest? Heh....

[Image: th?id=OIP.M90bdaaccbebf33eab26816dcefd40...;amp;h=300]

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
15-09-2016, 11:22 AM
(15-09-2016 10:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  You are asking me to compare culture? You think I am saying modern atheists are time travelers and that's the type of evidence you want?

You're insane. One atheist who is of the opinion that religious indoctrination is roughly akin to a damaged sense of empathy (sociopathy) is not indicative of anything. However, what Nurse said is actually backed up by research:

"Consistent with previous studies, in general the children were more likely to share as they got older. But children from households identifying as Christian and Muslim were significantly less likely than children from non-religious households to share their stickers. The negative relation between religiosity and altruism grew stronger with age; children with a longer experience of religion in the household were the least likely to share.

Children from religious households favored stronger punishments for anti-social behavior and judged such behavior more harshly than non-religious children. These results support previous studies of adults, which have found religiousness is linked with punitive attitudes toward interpersonal offenses."

(Emphasis mine.)

https://news.uchicago.edu/article/2015/1...tudy-finds

So atheists show in studies to be more willing to share, and less willing to take vengeance/punishment on people who have offended their idea of proper social behavior.

Also, atheists are massively under-represented in the US prison system, compared to our percent of the overall population, while religious people are over-represented. If you don't believe me, you can read about it here.

Yet the religious almost universally talk about us like atheists are mental and/or moral defectives endlessly, constantly, and loudly... ad nauseam... to the point that we are considered the least-trustworthy demographic in the United States, in poll after poll. It's the obvious result of a generations-long propaganda campaign, calling us practically every name in the book except "human".

But if we say in our own defense, "Yeah except there's no evidence that a lack of religion causes moral deficiency, and we have plenty of examples of people pushed into insane actions by religious zealotry", then we're called more names, such as "angry", "strident", "hateful", et cetera.

Religious people have waged a non-stop propaganda war (including the attempt to smear us with the actions of the state-religion of Leninist/Maoist communism) against people who don't accept their various god-stories, likely because their leadership rightly sees anyone who isn't cowed by their carrot-and-stick psychology into obedience to their idea of an ideal social order as a threat.

And it leads people to do what you're doing now. I know you think you're trying to get to The Truth™, as you have been taught it, but the things you're saying about humanist (Western) atheism simply are not true, and no amount of subterfuge, disingenuousness, and/or manipulation on your part is going to change that basic fact.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 11 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-09-2016, 11:40 AM
(15-09-2016 11:01 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 10:46 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I thought you were an atheist?

I wouldn't say honest. You didn't come in here looking for answers or community. You came in here with some sort of preset stereo type that you created. Atheist doesn't have a history. Humans nature does.

For every "atheist" you would diem unsavory in history. I could show two religious actions or groups that did just as bad or worse. The only common thing among them is that they were human.

Your biased is that you're predetermining a person that lacks a belief in god is cruel. I am an atheist, and I do not feel that all religious people a cruel. Hell I married one. But I see how the religion can confuse or force stereo types on people outside their selected groups. Often threw force. I am interested to hear how you came to the preconceived position, that all atheists are monsters. And how you separated yourself as being the more virtuous person with the same disbelief.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
15-09-2016, 11:55 AM
(15-09-2016 06:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Oh thou baying mob
Thou hast much fury and angst thus
What can ail thee mein furious friends?
Who dat see thou padre amongst the leaves
A christer in the ceiling; when one opens the door
No one was there.

lol, I don't think folks are angry, for the most part.

I know I'm not. You don't matter enough to me to give me any emotional change.

Also, you need to work on your meter. That "poem" has zero groove to it.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
15-09-2016, 01:08 PM
(15-09-2016 11:55 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 06:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Oh thou baying mob
Thou hast much fury and angst thus
What can ail thee mein furious friends?
Who dat see thou padre amongst the leaves
A christer in the ceiling; when one opens the door
No one was there.

lol, I don't think folks are angry, for the most part.

That was actually the joke. A boring joke for a boring bunch of dump pack animal brain dead morons.
15-09-2016, 01:29 PM
(15-09-2016 01:08 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 11:55 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  lol, I don't think folks are angry, for the most part.

That was actually the joke. A boring joke for a boring bunch of dump pack animal brain dead morons.

Ohhhh, you got us! Oh, the pain of that witty retort. Rolleyes

(I'll assume you meant "dumb pack animal brain dead morons". Pro Tip: if you're going to insult someone's intelligence, at least make sure you spell your attempted insult correctly.)

In reply, I'll just ask what part of my replies in here in any way indicated groupthink, pack mentality, or a lack of intelligence?

As Chas likes to say, Citation Required.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
15-09-2016, 01:44 PM

FFS, you have to be the stupidest ass...

YOU linked the modern atheist movement to the League of Militant Atheists.

I asked you to justify that link.

Since the modern atheist movement is not supported by any government or organized beyond small groups, you dodged the issue. Eventually, when pressed, you finally pegged us, the forum users, as your target.

So, show me:

Where have we advocated communism?
... the imprisonment of the religious for the crime of being religious?
... the torture and execution of the religious for the crime of being religious?
... any of the policies of the LoMA?

(15-09-2016 10:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I am just showing that the violent and derogatory of modern atheists towards the religious is quite similar to that in soviet russia and other communist countries.

Except, my charming little snowflake, the only "atheist" on this site that is advocating the policies of the LoMA is... YOU.

(15-09-2016 10:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  So similar in fact I showed a specific example on another atheist on this site that has almost an identifical attitude.

That is a lie.

Here is the post I believe you are referring to:

(15-09-2016 07:49 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I think relating religion to sociopathy is a better comparison. There's an element of both nature and nurture with sociopathy. Sociopaths have different flavors of entertianment, just like there are different world religions.

Here is one of your posts:
(15-09-2016 07:11 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecutio...stern_Bloc

Let me try and cheer you from your spiral of angst mein atheist brethren.

"In 1995, the Russian state commissioner confirmed that 200,000 Russian Orthodox Priests, monks, and nuns were killed. In 1997 the remains of a Catholic Bishop and 30 priests were found at Sandormoch, 150 miles north of St. Petersburg. According to Russian schoolbooks, 20 million Soviet and East European citizens died in Communist Labour camps, while 15 million more were killed in mass executions. This number includes Christians, Jews, and various other denominations as well as nonbelievers"

When reason rules the world? sighs good times? When will we see such good times again?

You are a lying, piece of shit.

(15-09-2016 10:44 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Atheism is a culture like the religions in some ways but you guys are mental slaves to it and don't even know it. All I can do is try and open your eyes.

And thus you reveal yourself to be not an atheist, but a lying theist.

Go fuck yourself.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 7 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post