The Glory Days

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: The Glory Days
(13-09-2016 02:03 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 01:53 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Funny; I imagined atheists to be more intelligent but maybe it's a lack of complex thinking or imagination perhaps. A more dull minded seriousness; blinkered like a race horse ; interesting stuff.

My new friends are different to what I expected.

If you really want to learn what atheists are like then drop the pose and be honest in your questions and your answers. If you aren't willing to do that then it isn't worth attempting to engage with you.

Sorry of course only Christians cause all wars. It was silly of me to be honest. Sorry comrade and I will try to be more scientific and atheist.Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2016, 02:37 PM
[Image: 709f48d266775483c53e54fbedaf2dbd.jpg]

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like LostLocke's post
13-09-2016, 04:01 PM

To our fallen comrades!Bowing
13-09-2016, 05:53 PM
(13-09-2016 01:07 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  However, luckily, I am a new found atheist as of 11th July last when I opened my eyes to science and became a free thinker and enlightened human being of decency and morality.

So what happened to you on July 11th?

There are different reasons why people come to call themselves an atheist some good & some not.

And for most atheists' it's a struggle over time and like myself could not narrow it to a specific date.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
13-09-2016, 08:04 PM
You're definitely beginning to sound like a troll, "new friend".

As has been pointed out, repeatedly, the enforced atheism was linked to communism's view that religious indoctrination was a condition that was counter to the goals of a classless society, and so they went to whatever lengths to see their new utopia take form. In doing so, they committed numerous crimes against human rights and basic dignity.

We are well aware of the crimes of the communists, and that they thought atheism was some sort of higher form of thinking. But it's too easy for people to say, "They did such because they were atheists", rather than looking at the much more critical fact that they did what they did because the teachings of religion were counter to their socio-political goals, and many of the Russian churches were vocally and vehemently opposed to the goals of the communists.

Too often, we get Christers in here telling us that atheists committed the worst crimes in history, trying to link the two things together in order to paint atheism in a negative light, when in fact the actions of the communists stand in direct opposition to the ideological perspective of the vast majority of atheists in the West, called Secular Humanism.

They'll be the first to tell you that when a Christian tyrant (or culture) does heinous things "for Jesus", it's not really acting as a Christian but as a psychopath who uses religious identity to push his agenda, but they turn around and insist that when atheist psychopaths (or cultures) do it, it's because of the atheism.

As a result of this constant barrage, we get pretty miffed at people who suggest anything similar.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 9 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
13-09-2016, 08:45 PM
The jury is out, as far as I am concerned, but this person is trying to hard to be a worshipper of science; seems like an overly enthusiastic 14 year old. I give *him* a 35. [/American Bandstand]
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
13-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Yeah, someone's wearing a mask -- terribly transparent, but a mask nonetheless.
14-09-2016, 04:44 AM
(13-09-2016 05:53 PM)unsapien Wrote:  
(13-09-2016 01:07 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  However, luckily, I am a new found atheist as of 11th July last when I opened my eyes to science and became a free thinker and enlightened human being of decency and morality.

So what happened to you on July 11th?

There are different reasons why people come to call themselves an atheist some good & some not.

And for most atheists' it's a struggle over time and like myself could not narrow it to a specific date.

On July 11th I open science book and instead of seeing Jesus face I saw actual science. Science saved me from religion Heart That's why it was such a special time for me. I don't know why that day; maybe because I forgot to pray or science worked a spell but it just happened for me.
14-09-2016, 04:53 AM
(13-09-2016 08:04 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You're definitely beginning to sound like a troll, "new friend".

As has been pointed out, repeatedly, the enforced atheism was linked to communism's view that religious indoctrination was a condition that was counter to the goals of a classless society, and so they went to whatever lengths to see their new utopia take form. In doing so, they committed numerous crimes against human rights and basic dignity.

We are well aware of the crimes of the communists, and that they thought atheism was some sort of higher form of thinking. But it's too easy for people to say, "They did such because they were atheists", rather than looking at the much more critical fact that they did what they did because the teachings of religion were counter to their socio-political goals, and many of the Russian churches were vocally and vehemently opposed to the goals of the communists.

Too often, we get Christers in here telling us that atheists committed the worst crimes in history, trying to link the two things together in order to paint atheism in a negative light, when in fact the actions of the communists stand in direct opposition to the ideological perspective of the vast majority of atheists in the West, called Secular Humanism.

They'll be the first to tell you that when a Christian tyrant (or culture) does heinous things "for Jesus", it's not really acting as a Christian but as a psychopath who uses religious identity to push his agenda, but they turn around and insist that when atheist psychopaths (or cultures) do it, it's because of the atheism.

As a result of this constant barrage, we get pretty miffed at people who suggest anything similar.

You know what comrade? I think us atheists instead of blaming all christians for the actions of some christians or those who claim to be christian can then say to the christers to stop blaming us scientific amazing atheists for the actions of those who claims to be atheists or acting in the name of science and then we would both be improved human beings?
In the interests of science and all things logical and in devout reason I through that one out there.

Drinking Beverage
14-09-2016, 05:28 AM
(14-09-2016 04:53 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  You know what comrade?

No, what do you mean padre?

(14-09-2016 04:53 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I think us atheists...

"Us"? Drinking Beverage

(14-09-2016 04:53 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  ...instead of blaming all christians for the actions of some christians or those who claim to be christian can then say to the christers to stop blaming us scientific amazing atheists for the actions of those who claims to be atheists or acting in the name of science and then we would both be improved human beings?

If you want to be an improved human being then stop advocating the imprisonment, torture and execution of those who disagree with your beliefs.

You could also stop lying and trolling but that's probably too much to ask.

(14-09-2016 04:53 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  In the interests of science and all things logical and in devout reason I through that one out there.

Your posts have nothing in common with science, logic or reason.
In the interests of grammar, I threw that one out there. Drinking Beverage

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post