The Glory Days

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 12:19 PM
RE: The Glory Days
(14-09-2016 12:17 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 12:04 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Stalin relationship with science (Lysenko) and reason (Great Terror) was of similar quality to the one side, masturbatory relationship that ST has with above mentioned things.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

Calm yourself, brother atheist.
I am calm. I only state the obvious.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2016, 12:42 PM
(14-09-2016 06:30 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Even worse for your argument, is that Stalin exploited the existing atmosphere in Russia at that time. The Tsars and the Russian church had ground the people down into near-permanent submission, instilling a reliance on a divine monarchy.

It could be argued that such state of submission date back to Mongol conquest of what after expansion will be called Russia. I do not necesarilly agree with such view but it is something worth researching I think.

Stalin indeed was capable of using Russian sentiments. He even described himself as someone akin to Tsar (S.S. Montefiore, "Stalin. Court of the Red Tsar").

Quote: Being a trained seminarian, Stalin recognized this and exploited it. He replaced the divinely appointed Tsars with a new messianic figure: himself.

Agreed. Part of his appeal was sharing in Lenin's glory though.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
14-09-2016, 12:53 PM
(14-09-2016 11:51 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Alright, let's just drop this charade. It's time to initiate our fellow atheist brother. In the name of science, reason, and Stalin (peace be upon him), I welcome you into our fold. Hold your science books tightly to your breasts and let's get back to the genocide of those christian bastards.

Go Team Scarlet Letter A!
14-09-2016, 01:03 PM
(13-09-2016 06:53 AM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  When you feel fed up of the christian oppression of the US, Europe or UK and indeed Syria then allow me to remind you of the good ol' days.

This is how it should be done with the christers ? Heart Love science I do!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USSR_anti-...2%80%9341)

"This campaign, like the campaigns of other periods that formed the basis of the USSR's efforts to eliminate religion and replace it with atheism supported with a materialist world view"

"In 1928 Anatoly Lunacharsky, under the pressure of leftist Marxists, agreed to an entirely anti-religious education from the first grade up, however, he still warned against a general expulsion of teachers with religious beliefs due to the shortage of atheist teachers. In 1929 an Agitprop conference resolved to intensify anti-religious work throughout the education system. This led to the setting-up of anti-religious sections at all research and higher education teaching institutions. A special anti-religious faculty was instituted at the Institute of Red Professors in 1929.

A campaign was led against schoolteachers of the old intelligentsia who were asserted to be working against the system and were even allowing priests to spiritually influence schoolchildren. Teachers accused of such could be fired, and in most cases were imprisoned or exiled.

Believers in the ranks of top soviet scholars were identified by name in the antireligious press. This labeling led to the 1929–1930 purge of the Russian Academy of Sciences, where up to 100 scholars, their assistants and graduate students were arrested on forged charges and given sentences that range from three years of internal exile to the death penalty. Most of them subsequently perished in camps or in prison. One of the aims of this purge was to take away the church's intellectuals and to assist the propaganda that only backward people believed in God."

My favorite bit

"Religious behaviour was presented in the official propaganda as being linked to psychological disorders and even criminal behaviour. Textbooks for schoolchildren tried to evoke contempt for believers; pilgrims were depicted as morons, repulsive-looking alcoholics, syphilitics, plain cheaters and money-grubbing clergy"

A bit similar to nazi propaganda against homosexuals. I love science though.
Did I say how much I love science? Heart

Anyway a bit of nostalgia for your there to brighten your day. Good times 'sighs' All us good atheists and lovers of science can only dream of such days again.

That was a fair to middlin' post, but you could have at least included something about Hitler. You really need to improve your tolling skills. As a amateur, I guess it was a nice try though. Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
14-09-2016, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2016 01:28 PM by Deesse23.)
(14-09-2016 11:51 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Alright, let's just drop this charade. It's time to initiate our fellow atheist brother. In the name of science, reason, and Stalin (peace be upon him), I welcome you into our fold. Hold your science books tightly to your breasts and let's get back to the genocide of those christian bastards.

Ok, lets all welcome our new comrade to our atheist community. But before we continue, please allow me to give him some friendly advice as well as helpful guidelines. I am confident you will support me in my efforts.

Please read the disclaimer again on joining the atheist organisation. Please be informed that we have weekly meetings and it is mandatory to attend them. Usually we hold them at 6:66 each saturday. During these meetings we will compare our clothing and trash talk each other, but most importantly, our elders will tell us whom to hate during the next week. Please dont be confused when other atheist denominations are being put on top of the list of people to hate. People like Mao or Pol Pot, who didnt only kill theists, but atheists as well, partcularly well educated people who had an understanding of science. We worship mostly science here (thats the main tenet of our denominiation...well this and scepticism), so we despise all other not-science-worshipping atheists.
However, since you have been a christian before you read your science book, this should not be too hard to adapt to for you, since you were practicing similar methods. Lucky you.

Preface: regarding the following rules, you need to understand that they are binding in any case, no exceptions, no being saved, no atonement by animal sacrifice and particularly no atonement by human sacrifice. These rules are not negotiable at all, under no circumstance, i am afraid. Yes, this will be very hard for you to stick to, being a former christian, but its absolutely imperative that you understand them and follow them.
The upside of this is: You will not be made responsible for the failure of others either, so i hope this tradeoff is acceptable to you.

Talking about your science book, i am sorry to inform you that you probably have to buy a second one, or maybe even a third. Yes, we are quite different from other beliefs, we like to read more than just one book. Sorry again, but this is a non-negotiable requirement. Please be also informed, that maybe the validity of various scientific theories will change once in a while, making books obsolete and requiring to get new ones. This is the price you have to pay for being a scientifically educated person, something you probably werent much used to as a christian. At least it was no hard requirement as far as i am informed

General rules of behaviour
To make things more easy i am going to assume now, you are married and have children. If one or the other doesnt apply to you please ignore my friendly advice, you are allowed then to behave as you wish, you are an atheist after all and not bound to any godly command or such foolish things that go beyond what we exatly tell you.

#3a treatment of kids 1
Bad news, but you need to stop beating your kids with a rod. I know, it was particulary required to do so when you were christian, but rules are rules. We are evil immoral basterds here who like to commit genocide, but we do respect little children and their physical integrity.

#3b Treatment of kids 2
We also respect their psychologial integrity, so indoctrination is an absolute "no no". Please refrain from feeding your children with bullshit, let them find out about the world for themselves, just like you did by picking up your science book. Thank you. You will see, your kids will thank you for that one day

#3c Treatment of (unruly) kids 3
With reference to #3a you are also not allowed to stone your unruly kids anymore. We consider stoning a barbaric bronze age ritual, and if you want to massacre your kids, we recommend cal.45 or equivalents. I am sure many of our american comrades will be happy to assist you.

#4a Women in general
In general similar rules apply as to children. They are not your property anymore. Yes i know, they can be annoying, but we consider them to be equal to us (middle class, middle aged white men), so we grant them any rights we consider granted to us too. After some period of adaption i am sure you mabye will like this even. If you do not like this rule and prefer to keep raping and abousing women or treat them as lesser persons, you are free to leave atheism and join christianity again. There will be no (death) penalty. This, by the way, applies to all other rules as well, i think i forgot to mention this in my introduction.

#4b Raping of women
Another of the bad news for you. You arent allowed to rape any woman anymore and compensate by paying 20 shekels to her dad. But it gets worse: you arent even allowed to rape your wife. this is part of granting them the same rights as we have here ourselves, you know. Please try to understand, we are trying to be consistent here, unlike Christians. So, it would be really great if you could appreciate this and follow this general rule as well
I know its a matter of taste, but for some reason we dont fancy rape unlike christianity. Once again, after some (harsh?) time to adapt, you possibly will one day see the benefit.

5# Other people (slaves/servants and foreign tribes)
Like children and women we tend to respect other people in general (see #4b -> being consistent) as well. We try to avoid genocide as much as possible, but when ordered, you can be sure it is authorised by a real and existing person and not a imaginary being. Its not much, but all we can offer...so far. We are working on it and if you want to you can participate in making the world a better place (its no hard requirement tho).
Slaves/servants: This will probably be a major turn off for you, since you are coming from a religion that clearly advocates slavery, but we dont like that shit here, at all! Selling wont do it, stopping to beat them (if they dont die within 2-3 days) wont do it, treating them nice wont do it, indentured servitude wont do it. We consider owning another human bing as property in general and under any context as immoral. I know, another shocking and irritating new fact of atheist life compard to christian life, but hey, you chose it, big boy.

Talking about context (another thing i forgot to mention in my preface): While these rules may be very confusing to you, probably hard to stick to (considering your highly immoral former christian background) and while not being allowed to enter atheist scientific heaven even after some atonement, it may be a relief for you to know that each rule can be taken separately and as its written and applied to your life. No context needed, no need for interpretations to your own personal needs (sorry, but these rules have to be common rules, or they wont work at all, christians are still in the process of finding this out, and probably in another 2000 odd years they might get it).

If in doubt how and when to apply these guidelines exaclty, please let me finally give you a very general rule: Always try to treat other people well and as you like to be treated yourself, for the sake of being good to them. Since we dont belive in invisible higher authorities but science, it is not necessary to try to appease to any higher beings, or even pay only lip service.

Thank you for reading and have fun in our little atheist community.

If you have any further questions i would be happy to be of any assistance to you to become an genocidal, science worshipping, baby eating atheist. Just reply to this post or send me a pm.

Yours immoraly,

Deesse

P.S.: The date of our weekly "baby bbq" is right after our meetings on Saturday evening, 6:66. Please bring your own bbq-sauces with you as you like.
P.P.S.: Oh Jesus F. Science, i forgot to tell you about one of our most important rules of all: Dont lie (not even for science!). We know that lying for Jesus is as much liked in the christian community as sliced bread (or raping women, or beating kids, or having other humans as property), but we consider that a major vice and flaw of character here. We prefer honesty and integrity. I suggest you just try it out, at least once in a while, just for fun. Heck, just give it a try and see if it suits you. Any feedback about your experience would be very welcome.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 9 users Like Deesse23's post
14-09-2016, 01:48 PM
(14-09-2016 01:20 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  #3c Treatment of (unruly) kids 3
With reference to #3a you are also not allowed to stone your unruly kids anymore. We consider stoning a barbaric bronze age ritual, and if you want to massacre your kids, we recommend cal.45 or equivalents. I am sure many of our american comrades will be happy to assist you.

I have a 9mm and a shotgun that he can use. Always willing to help out my brother atheists with matters of family.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
14-09-2016, 01:53 PM
(14-09-2016 01:48 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 01:20 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  #3c Treatment of (unruly) kids 3

I have a 9mm and a shotgun that he can use. Always willing to help out my brother atheists with matters of family.

Thats the true spirit of atheism! Thumbsup

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
14-09-2016, 02:16 PM
I feel I am the only real atheist here. I am the only one willing to re educate those christers and put the scientific confusing ones who are christers in mental house.
14-09-2016, 02:17 PM
(14-09-2016 02:16 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I feel I am the only real atheist here. I am the only one willing to re educate those christers and put the scientific confusing ones who are christers in mental house.

So what you're saying is that real atheists are sociopaths?

#sigh
14-09-2016, 02:19 PM
(14-09-2016 07:14 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Your strawman atheist act is boring. You could have at least tried to make it more entertaining.

It's like trying to get a response from a stone. That much I have learned about my fellow atheists. Something of a race horse brain that only looks in one direction Big Grin