The Glory Days

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 02:21 PM
RE: The Glory Days
(14-09-2016 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 02:16 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  I feel I am the only real atheist here. I am the only one willing to re educate those christers and put the scientific confusing ones who are christers in mental house.

So what you're saying is that real atheists are sociopaths?

I would say the atheists I studied in history and what I expected them to be like here when I look for my band of brothers is that they like to slander religion and I thought in this quiet space we could all gather around and enjoy the lessor known history of our ancestors genociding the christers. Like a little celebration? We can let our mask slip amongst ourselves when we don't have to act right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2016, 02:28 PM
(14-09-2016 02:21 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So what you're saying is that real atheists are sociopaths?

I would say the atheists I studied in history and what I expected them to be like here ....

Have you ever studied any agnostics like Ingersoll?

(14-09-2016 02:21 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  ... when I look for my band of brothers is that they like to slander religion and I thought in this quiet space we could all gather around and enjoy the lessor known history of our ancestors genociding the christers. Like a little celebration? We can let our mask slip amongst ourselves when we don't have to act right?

Sure. You can do that here. Just not my cup of tea. Of course, I'm not an atheist.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
14-09-2016, 02:32 PM
What I like most about being an atheist is that it is being a troll. It's like going to a jazz club when you don't like jazz must and call yourself an ajazzist and argue with everyone there. I just love that shit. At heart it's what makes me a true atheist.
14-09-2016, 02:47 PM
(14-09-2016 02:32 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  What I like most about being an atheist is that it is being a troll. It's like going to a jazz club when you don't like jazz must and call yourself an ajazzist and argue with everyone there. I just love that shit. At heart it's what makes me a true atheist.

An atheist is someone who simply doesn't believe in a god. They ascribe to no particular dogma but, being a varied group, many atheists believe in many differing things. Just not gods. That is all atheists have in common. Simple. Can't get any 'truer' than that.

...oh fck it, he's on to us. No one tell him what day our baby BBQ is.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
14-09-2016, 02:55 PM
(14-09-2016 02:47 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 02:32 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  What I like most about being an atheist is that it is being a troll. It's like going to a jazz club when you don't like jazz must and call yourself an ajazzist and argue with everyone there. I just love that shit. At heart it's what makes me a true atheist.

An atheist is someone who simply doesn't believe in a god. They ascribe to no particular dogma but, being a varied group, many atheists believe in many differing things. Just not gods. That is all atheists have in common. Simple. Can't get any 'truer' than that.

...oh fck it, he's on to us. No one tell him what day our baby BBQ is.

Only us atheists would think of such a beautiful bullshit get out of jail for free card like that. Nice logic. It translates into saying musicians can only play music but doesn't mean they ever did play music or ever will at any time. Or simply put an atheist belief will mean no effect on their outlook and actions on life; even those atheists who call themselves atheists and start a revolution calling themselves scientific and atheist closing down religion because they are atheist and killing millions.

But if there is one thing us atheist can do is logic, fabulous logic.
14-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Man the baptists really did a number on this guy.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
14-09-2016, 03:10 PM
(14-09-2016 03:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Man the baptists really did a number on this guy.

Agreed. I feel sorry for him.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-09-2016, 03:12 PM
(14-09-2016 03:10 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 03:02 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Man the baptists really did a number on this guy.

Agreed. I feel sorry for him.
You're more compassionate than me then. For such fools I feel only contempt.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
14-09-2016, 03:15 PM
(14-09-2016 02:55 PM)ScientificTruth321 Wrote:  Only us atheists would think of such a beautiful bullshit get out of jail for free card like that. Nice logic. It translates into saying musicians can only play music but doesn't mean they ever did play music or ever will at any time. Or simply put an atheist belief will mean no effect on their outlook and actions on life; even those atheists who call themselves atheists and start a revolution calling themselves scientific and atheist closing down religion because they are atheist and killing millions.

But if there is one thing us atheist can do is logic, fabulous logic.

Look, moron, atheist just means "I don't believe your god-stories". Everyone on the planet is an atheist with respect to most religions.

The most hardcore fundamentalist Baptist preacher is an atheist when it comes to accepting the god-stories of the Mormons, or the Muslims, or the Hindus, et cetera.

We just take it one step more, and disbelieve in your particular god-story, too. It's really that simple. I'm sorry that this hurts your feelings to the point that you feel the need to take time out of your day to come here and slander us, but that's the way it is.

Oh, and by the way, the Soviets didn't "close down religion"; the church continued to operate, and there are millions of Russian Christians. The Russian Orthodox Church continues to operate to this day.

The Soviets only went after people who objected to the "reforms" of the state (such as giving up property) or who voiced opposition to the government. They killed anyone who stood in the way of their power, atheists and theists alike. For you to try to spin it as being something that atheists "just do" is so dishonest you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it, let alone promoting it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-09-2016, 03:28 PM
(14-09-2016 03:15 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  For you to try to spin it as being something that atheists "just do" is so dishonest you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it, let alone promoting it.

As a wiser man than I once said, "Lying for Jesus is still lying"

Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post